Help please - AGM and hitting a moving target

0414 Wee Neal

Hi

I have been honing my ‘kill skills’ with the A10, specifically with AGM (all varieties) and CBU bombs. The problem I have is hitting/tracking a moving target - I cant seem to do it!

I start off by getting systems ready and then finding a target with TGP - Up short to point mode and then slave TGP and Mav to target- obtain lock and fire. With a stationery target great kills.

When I then start an orbit to find targets say a moving column, I select a target with point mode as above fire the Mav and........invariably it misses!!

What am I doing wrong?

Help

Neal

Desktop PC:

Intel i7 14700K, MSI Z790 MAG Tomahawk MOBO, 64Gb RAM , GPU Nvidia RTX 3080ti

Windows 11, VPC joystick, Crosswind rudder peddles, HP Reverb G2, VPC Collective, DOF Reality H2, Gametrix seat, WinWing panels.

Hi

Yes achieve a lock with the ‘Gate’ closing on the target and flashing cross hairs and within the distance ladder on the hud and.........a big crater appears behind the target!

I will try and take a picture of MFD page, If I can figure out how.

Thanks

Neal

Desktop PC:

Intel i7 14700K, MSI Z790 MAG Tomahawk MOBO, 64Gb RAM , GPU Nvidia RTX 3080ti

Windows 11, VPC joystick, Crosswind rudder peddles, HP Reverb G2, VPC Collective, DOF Reality H2, Gametrix seat, WinWing panels.

Are you hitting TMS UP LONG with TGP as SOI in order to make the TGP SPI?

Bottom left corner of the HUD will confirm what is SPI.

And you’re sure you’re not locking onto a telephone pole or light pole (which often happens)

Edited by Emmy

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

http://www.476vfightergroup.com/content.php

High Quality Aviation Photography For Personal Enjoyment And Editorial Use.

www.crosswindimages.com

Hi

I have been honing my ‘kill skills’ with the A10, specifically with AGM (all varieties) and CBU bombs. The problem I have is hitting/tracking a moving target - I cant seem to do it!

I start off by getting systems ready and then finding a target with TGP - Up short to point mode and then slave TGP and Mav to target- obtain lock and fire. With a stationery target great kills.

When I then start an orbit to find targets say a moving column, I select a target with point mode as above fire the Mav and........invariably it misses!!

What am I doing wrong?

Help

Neal

Point mode is great for moving targets. The track mode will help keep an updating SPI on the target.

When attempting to lock on with the MAV, make sure you are getting a clean track by getting a lock through TMS up short only, not force correlate (rocking the boat switch).

IR for night ops..

Electromagnetic Lens for day ops..

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Hi

Yes achieve a lock with the ‘Gate’ closing on the target and flashing cross hairs and within the distance ladder on the hud and.........a big crater appears behind the target!

I will try and take a picture of MFD page, If I can figure out how.

Thanks

Neal

Flashing crosshair on the Maverick display generally means you are not in launch parameters. Try to get the cross close to the center of the Maverick display until the cross is not flashing.

Virpil WarBRD | Thrustmaster Hornet Grip | Foxx Mount | Thrustmaster TWCS Throttle | Logitech G Throttle Quadrant | VKB T-Rudder IV | TrackIR 5

AMD Ryzen 5 3600 | Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB | 32GB DDR4 3200 | SSD