Two different commands to fire guns?

harf4ng

Hi,

I don't understand the two way to fire guns in this plane.

There are two commands, one with just SPACE, the other one with space and a modifier.

One fire the trigger full, the other one fire the trigger half.

So, what's the difference?

Thanks

Favorite modules : Huey, F-86F, F14 and P-51D

Quest 2, RTX 3080, i7 10700K, 16 Gb of RAM, Pro Flight Trainer PUMA helicopter setup, Warthog HOTAS with two force sensitive stick, custom cockpit and a GS-Cobra dynamic seat.

Hi,

I don't understand the two way to fire guns in this plane.

There are two commands, one with just SPACE, the other one with space and a modifier.

One fire the trigger full, the other one fire the trigger half.

So, what's the difference?

Thanks

First one does not yet fire, just prepares guns for firing.

Second command will actually fire guns.

It makes more sense with a stick that has two "switches" in the trigger (like TM Warthog).

In some WW2-aircraft you might have had machine guns and cannon to be used separately in slightly similar way.

Edit: sorry, thought you were asking about F-5..

Can't remember what the first detend on F-86 does.

Edited by kazereal

"I would have written a shorter post, but I did not have the time."

Guess then I cannot emulate that with my X55 ;) Don't think it has two switches in the trigger...

Quest 2, RTX 3080, i7 10700K, 16 Gb of RAM, Pro Flight Trainer PUMA helicopter setup, Warthog HOTAS with two force sensitive stick, custom cockpit and a GS-Cobra dynamic seat.

Guncam? We can record what we fire at? :)

I've never tried the guncam, but i think there was an option in the special options menue for the Sabre to use the guncam. If turned on there will appear a black and white gun cam photo on the bottom right of the screen when the first trigger stage is pressed. That's at least what I've heard, but don't know if it's true. Never tried myself.

Edited by QuiGon

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

You can have it work as QuiGon says, when you fire the gun, or more realistically, just in the track. Enable in F-86 special options.

Edited by Holbeach

I7 2600K @ 3.8, CoolerMaster 212X, EVGA GTX 1070 8gb. RAM 16gb Corsair, 1kw PSU. 2 x WD SSD. 1 x Samsung M2 NVMe. 3 x HDD. Saitek X-52. Saitek Pro Flight pedals. CH Flight Sim yoke. TrackIR 5. Win 10 Pro. IIyama 1080p. MSAA x 2, SSAA x 1.5. Settings High. Harrier/Spitfire/Beaufighter/The Channel, fanboy..

But as the guncam is activated by mid pressing the trigger, does it mean that each time the sabre is firing (I mean, the real sabre), a video is made?

Well.... yes, that's what gun camera was invented for, wasn't it?

Although, OK, there were some technical differences on both sides of Iron Curtain. The real F-86's camera did a short video, while the one we have in DCS is just copied from MiG-15 module - i.e. taking a series of still photos, as the Russian gun cameras did back then.

Doesn't matter, though, as we can't save them anyway (anyone else misses the fully functional guncam as implemented in the "MiG Alley" :) ?).

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

Oh, we can't save them? How do we look at them then? :)

Oh, we can't save them? How do we look at them then? :)

See my comment above ;)

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

Tornado3 small.jpg

btw what use is the guncam? To be used as a recon plane? Or for the team to look after what plane we have shot down?

Though guess I'll try it. And as I don't have a double detent trigger, I'll put the trigger for both action (guncam AND gun) if it is possible...

So just a picture we see, and then disappear, that's that? We really need belsimtek to have this behave like the real one ^^

btw what use is the guncam? To be used as a recon plane? Or for the team to look after what plane we have shot down?

Though guess I'll try it. And as I don't have a double detent trigger, I'll put the trigger for both action (guncam AND gun) if it is possible...

So just a picture we see, and then disappear, that's that? We really need belsimtek to have this behave like the real one ^^

Not, it has no recon use. It is for debriefing (training purpose and in case of a real war to ID the aircraft as you said).

As I've never used the guncam in the Sabre I wonder if it obscures the view like it does in the MiG-21? It obscuresthe pilots view quite a bit which I really dislike.

Tornado3 small.jpg

I've never tried the guncam, but i think there was an option in the special options menue for the Sabre to use the guncam. If turned on there will appear a black and white gun cam photo on the bottom right of the screen when the first trigger stage is pressed. That's at least what I've heard, but don't know if it's true. Never tried myself.

gun cam windows comes up there, it also sucks a few frame rates..:pilotfly:

ASUS Strix Z790-H, i9-13900, WartHog HOTAS and MFG Crosswind

G.Skill 64 GB Ram, 2TB SSD

EVGA Nvidia RTX 2080-TI

55" Sony OLED TV, Oculus VR