Mustang First Take-Off and Landing: Post your Tracks/Vids

159th_Viper

• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ED Team
We also don't know his fuel load. Probably safe to assume a very low fuel load for a solo display.

Yes - air displays are always done with a low fuel load - assuming you are taking off from the airfield, and not arriving from another!

Having problems? Visit http://en.wiki.eagle.ru/wiki/Main_Page

Dell Laptop M1730 -Vista- Intel Core 2 Duo T7500@2.2GHz, 4GB, Nvidia 8700MGT 767MB

Intel i7 975 Extreme 3.2GHZ CPU, NVidia GTX 570 1.28Gb Pcie Graphics.

Watched your track Viper. You max out all to MIL (MP 61 RPM 31) just when releasing brakes and works hard with your feet. I don' think that is what the video "Stallion 51-Lee's Lauderback's Solo Mustang Demo Airshow routine from inside the cockpit of the P-51" is showing so this is a no go. The DCS P-51D Mustang is not simulating the real thing at the moment I think. The P-51D sim is just owerdone to be difficult, but that is fine if ED wants to.

(HJ)

This thing isn't difficult to fly in the slightest, it just takes some time to get used to. Keep trying and you get used to it.

Virtual Horsemen - Right Wing (P-51)  - 2008... 

Virtual Ultimate Fighters - Lead (P-47) - 2020...

The DCS P-51D Mustang is not simulating the real thing at the moment I think. The P-51D sim is just owerdone to be difficult, but that is fine if ED wants to.

(HJ)

On the contrary, it's modelled just about perfect to accord with the charts. The said charts are within the public domain-check for yourself :)

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

Especially for HiJack. :)

Keep in mind this was just a rough attempt and please forgive the nasty takeoff roll. I had to watch the stopwatch on my desk to try to stay within the time frames of the real video.

Recorded using current internal build with the aircraft set as Civilian (no guns, ammo, and hard points), 20% fuel, 50" MP, prop full Increase.

Edited by EvilBivol-1

- EB

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Nothing is easy. Everything takes much longer.

The Parable of Jane's A-10

Forum Rules

• ED Team

Keep in mind this was just a rough attempt and please forgive the nasty takeoff roll. I had to watch the stopwatch on my desk to try to stay within the time frames of the real video.

Recorded using current internal build with the aircraft set as Civilian (no guns, ammo, and hard points), 20% fuel, 50" MP, prop full Increase.

Dammit Eugene - you try doing that at Flying Legends 2012 and you will lose your air display licence!

See - http://www.caa.co.uk/docs/33/CivilAirDisplaysAGuideforPilots.pdf

At Flying Legends we have 2 CAA officials who watch everything. Woe betide anyone who breaks the rules.

Dell Laptop M1730 -Vista- Intel Core 2 Duo T7500@2.2GHz, 4GB, Nvidia 8700MGT 767MB

• ED Team

Some more info:

At TFC we had a fatal crash, with one of our most experienced pilots "Hoof Proudfoot".

You must assume that you may have a mechanical failure when close to the ground, and think what you will do in the event.

For those who may have a chance to fly in the backseat of a 2ndWW fighter, ensure you empty your pockets, and preferably wear a flying suit with closed pockets.

We had a classic case in a 2 seat P-40 where after aerobatics, the pilot could not pull back on the stick. In extremis he pulled with both hands and the controls became free. Afterwards it was discovered that a bunch of keys had dropped out and caught in a pulley through a transverse fitting. The pilot managed to pull enough that the fitting was bent and the pulley released.

Not a game!

Awesome m8 :notworthy:

EDIT: And Vipers is also a great track folks!

(HJ)

• ED Team

Great! How could you manage to get so synchronous? Did you watched the video while doing it?

Ніщо так сильно не ранить мозок, як уламки скла від розбитих рожевих окулярів

There is nothing so hurtful for the brain as splinters of broken rose-coloured spectacles.

Ничто так сильно не ранит мозг, как осколки стекла от разбитых розовых очков (С) Me

Great! How could you manage to get so synchronous? Did you watched the video while doing it?

I just used the time intervals pointed out earlier in the thread and put a stopwatch on my desk to try to match the intervals for the tail lift/rotation/pull up and roll. The rest was just good modeling! ;) It was actually pretty easy and only took a few attempts. Or maybe I was lucky. :)

- EB

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Nothing is easy. Everything takes much longer.

The Parable of Jane's A-10

Forum Rules

• ED Team
I just used the time intervals pointed out earlier in the thread and put a stopwatch on my desk to try to match the intervals for the tail lift/rotation/pull up and roll. The rest was just good modeling! ;) It was actually pretty easy and only took a few attempts. Or maybe I was lucky. :)

My first impression as I saw it first time was that it's a double camera footage taken in one real flight and I even didn't understand the point of a video :) regarding the matter of the discussion.

There is nothing so hurtful for the brain as splinters of broken rose-coloured spectacles.

Ничто так сильно не ранит мозг, как осколки стекла от разбитых розовых очков (С) Me

• 2 weeks later...

I didn't read all posts here through before so probably everybody knows that one here already anyways...but just in case...

has a great interview in the middle

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wd5cg77mA48&feature=g-vrec

4790K@4,6Ghz | EVGA Z97 Classified | 32GB @ 2400Mhz | Titan X hydro copper| SSD 850 PRO

Moments in DCS:

--> https://www.youtube.com/user/weltensegLA

-->

WELD's cockpit: --> http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=92274

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • ED Team

Testing in progress (March 2012)

I jumped in the 'Stang for the first time. After a few tumbles and cartwheels I figured out what I was doing wrong. I was under-powered too long in the takeoff roll, I needed to get up to power/speed as quickly (but smoothly) as possible so rudder authority kicks in. Much better now. Now for the landing challenge. .. :)

• 2 weeks later...

My first successful landing...

It took me a while to figure out the throttle + RPM combination but it here it is. I never thought it would be this difficult with realism on full. It takes a bit of skill I think.

Anyway, on to the next step. Ground weapons. Should be fun.:smartass:

Ie9AnmJ1lQ8

Edited by 101-Grizzly

Was trying to show some friends who dropped by how this thing flies and... resulted in a dumb fail.

Rule of thumb: Never preceed and action/activity by statements such as 'Watch this!' ;)

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

• 1 month later...

My first carrier landing in a Mustang. lol.

Strange AC behavior once on deck, it slowly moves to the side and over the edge even with full brakes. I've tried to counteract that tendency, but when I tried (takes full power) the sim CTDs. It's not wind, it's like an automated script takes over once it's on deck.

I announce with deep sadness that the track of my first P-51D takeoff and landing is forever lost to history, because the program crashed and the track was thus not saved. However, rest assured that it was highly entertaining to the spectator(s), with large deposits of rubber gifted to the runway and a very shaken virtual pilot stumbling out of the cockpit afterward. (There may have been a hot-mic and screaming involved.) I am looking forward with a certain degree of masochism to my next such lesson in humility.

Sincerely,

Mr. Awesome Top Gun Ace Man

• Like 1

My first were surprising. With everyone talking about how hard the Mustang is to fly, I thought I'd crash. First take off was with keyboard, and aside from almost going off the side of the runway, it was fine. Landing with a keyboard seemed impossible though.

I just got my X52 back and landing was done pretty nicely, though the second attempt went a bit wrong. I might post them when I transfer to my new computer since running FRAPS on this one kills it and there is about 20 minutes of flying around before the landings.

Awaiting: DCS F-15C

Win 10 i5-9600KF 4.6 GHz 64 GB RAM RTX2080Ti 11GB -- Win 7 64 i5-6600K 3.6 GHz 32 GB RAM GTX970 4GB -- A-10C, F-5E, Su-27, F-15C, F-14B, F-16C missions in User Files