The sound is wrong IMHO

Ramstein

Flew in many helos,, the sound is wrong, we should hear much more of the turbine and less of the blades whipping,,, the people on the outside, areas nearby will hear the blades mores... FYI.. IMHO..

I have not read the bugs lately, but hope that the underpower is reported...

thanx :joystick:

flying_huey2.jpg.b3dab7dd00998f8267ddf2ac857f5dc5.jpg

flying_heli_1.jpg.529973da0a911b87d29c10ce3beb960a.jpg

Edited by Ramstein

ASUS Strix Z790-H, i9-13900, WartHog HOTAS and MFG Crosswind

G.Skill 64 GB Ram, 2TB SSD

EVGA Nvidia RTX 2080-TI

55" Sony OLED TV, Oculus VR

IRL a flight helmet and foam ear plugs more effectively block out the high pitch noise of the engine and transmission, but not the lower pitch noise of the main rotor blades.

Sitting in the front, further away from the engine and transmission, probably made a difference as well.

If you previously sat in the back without adequate hearing protection it would sound very different.

The DCS UH-1H sounds are pretty good at replicating the sound as heard in the front, unless they've changed of course, haven't really touched it in a while.

- Bear

Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty.

- Robert A. Heinlein

The external sounds in that vid are really nice.

But the internal sounds are quite high pitched and noisy, as if the listener had no helmet on.

- Bear

Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty.

- Robert A. Heinlein

• 2 months later...

Skull'z Genuine Huey Sound Mod

if you fly the Huey, this sound mod is a must!

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

Don't know why ED isn't talking with the modders for official integration oft these mods into the DCS core or the modules.

PC: Intel Core i7-12700K| Gigabyte Z690 Gaming X DDR4| 2x 32GB DDR4 Kingston Fury Beast (KF436C18BBAK2/64)| PowerColor RX 6800 XT Red Devil| 3x SSD-Drive (one for DCS only)| 3x HDD-Drive| Cougar Panzer Max| custom water cooling| Fedora Linux| Windows 11|

Gear: Meta Quest 3| Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS| MFG Crosswind v2| Leap motion controller|