Show me your mad dogfighting skills!

Wags

Panzertard and I went at it, Oh man it was so much fun. Go high def =)

I cant get the darn embedding to work, Viper can you shoot a few BB's at it?

Some great action there and some great commentary as well :D

Rectum non bustus

Is this AI in P-51D for real? Does AI use AFM same as player? Even in lowest setting it flies without mistake and it keeps its energy perfect... way too perfect in my opinion... on ace settings fair enough but lowest... come on!

No longer active in DCS...

....on ace settings fair enough but lowest... come on!

Skill setting does not affect the skill level of the A.I.

All it does is affect the distance at which he spots you/becomes aware of your dire need to be exterminated with extreme prejudice.

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

Skill setting does not affect the skill level of the A.I.

All it does is affect the distance at which he spots you/becomes aware of your dire need to be exterminated with extreme prejudice.

ah no wonder... so AI flies like an ACE always ... it kicks my ass every time :(

Persevere Kuky!

I just flamed my first AI bandit - it's taken a week of pretty full on practise and I've only done it once.

I've helped him dump some fuel a few times - but just blew his wing off an hour ago.

Stick at it. You know you've gotta increase his weight equiv to a full ammo load right?

If I can find fraps and work out how to do the thing with the stuff I'll upload it.

V

DCS P51D My First Recorded Multiplayer Air Kill(P51 VS P51)

DCS P51D My First Recorded Multiplayer Air Kill (P51 VS P51)

I am just starting to get the hang of multiplayer. My first day on, I was designated the chew toy, but now I am starting to figure out this wonderful machine out, day by day. Here is footage of my first recorded, "Practice P51 vs P51," multiplayer air kill. :thumbup: MJ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iQbIpHru87c&feature=youtube

AI is definitely uber and I am certain it is not using AFM, in equivalent turns and speed and weight it simply keeps its energy way too good and I think it accelerates quicker, either player aircraft is still missing some features (WEP boost?) or AI is uber as usual... to me though it sucks. Flying against humans is alright, but fighting AI blows.

Got the bleeder!

I've not tried to attach a You tube link before... But in theory here's a vid of my finest fight to date?

I got lucky a couple of times following the merge & my shooting sucks! WIP.

1v1 against AI - 10000ft, 300IAS, head to head start 5nm out, the only 'cheats' are the weight adjustment, and I ditched the 'head movement due to G', as I couldn't see where I was shooting! Can't work out how to upload to Youtube a higher res version!?

Hope this works!

Well chuffed as I was begining to think this wasn't possible.

V

Help pls - how to post a vid

Can anyone advise how to attach, either a youtube vid or better still the Fraps vid, MS media itself (higher res)?

Incidentally - I was developing these notes in the briefing part of the mission, as I progressed... they're helping me a lot anyways.

...And they made me smile as I was being flamed most of the time -

'Head on 1v1 -

10,000ft, 300IAS, 5nm speration.

learnings -

1. Learn to fly 'without taking your eyes off him' (LOOK around, move your head!).

2. Get him on the lift line... (think: lead / trail). Be agressive, pull hard! (beware high E stalls and G lock). BUT don't hurry, some spacing is good.

3. Reverse! BUT NOT too early! Nose down for max roll rate.

4. High revs when he takes you vertical. Slow = big inputs / stall turn >125IAS.

5. ONLY SHOOT HITS, (ACCURATE, SHORT snaps are OK).

6. Lower revs in a dive to build E.

7. If low & EA performs high attack turn hard into him horizontally - He's gotta turn away or go swimming.

8. If he gets behind you scissor like crazy! It works!

9. And / or move out of his plane of motion. (or into another plane completely, like an F15)

10. Lastly & perhaps most importantly, try not to bump into the nearby planet.

Good luck! you'll need it.

Have the bus fare home with you.'

Anyways how to post a vid advice would be much appreciated.

Gotta retire now tho so thanks in advance - V

AI in P-51D is in my opinion the worst I have come across.... and by worst I mean the most uber, unrealistic... I gave the AI 100% fuel, 300kmph speed and myself 50% fuel and 500kmph speed in the merge and the AI still managed to do perfect loops forever never loosing any centrol in climb and reaching stall ... and no mater what I do there is simply no way for me to follow... I don't know what steroids the AI is been feeding on but this is way overdone... I am not happy about AI at all.

So my question now is... does AI use same AFM as players do?

AI in P-51D is in my opinion the worst I have come across.... and by worst I mean the most uber, unrealistic... I gave the AI 100% fuel, 300kmph speed and myself 50% fuel and 500kmph speed in the merge and the AI still managed to do perfect loops forever never loosing any centrol in climb and reaching stall ... and no mater what I do there is simply no way for me to follow... I don't know what steroids the AI is been feeding on but this is way overdone... I am not happy about AI at all.

So my question now is... does AI use same AFM as players do?

There was a post some time ago addressing this issue and DCS developers are looking into re-calibrating it..:music_whistling:

[/Table]

Recruiting for Aerobatic Team/Fighter Group...

Yeap. Magically summon energy at will while I hang hopeless on the verge of stall time and time again. Even when you drag the fight close to the ground, the bugger still bounce on you to no end. Multiplayer is where it's at.

ED have been taking my money since 1995. :P

I would agree that the AI is very unrealistic, when i go into a tight turn and am just at the edge of stall the AI will whizz past me climb and descend so quickly that i dont even have time to dive and to try and gain speed to then try and re-engage before he has tailed me with such precision that I can't even turn to engage him because he doesnt stall or suffer from blackouts in turns. When Iwas playing with a frined in a dog fight it was great fun but when the enemy has taken steroids its no fun at all.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Vipers 406

http://www.vipers406.com/

62nd Fighting Falcons

http://www.62ndfightingfalcons.asn.au/

Jesus is coming, Look busy.

Holy cow, this sim is awesome!

This is very similar to last vid, but I'm having a hoot.

Still working on the shooting straight thing.

Now practising at 20K, and over land and finding things a bit harder.

But starting to understand whats going on and when to do what. Some of the time anyway, and if I'm not already full of holes that is.

Truly awesome work ED/TFC!

PS thanks Leafer.

Nice dogfight! Is that AI? I have yet to beat the AI!

Tip: you can disable the ring using the 'Gunsight fixed ring blanc lever' (keyboard 5). You will only have the cross that helps you when opponent is flying straight ahead in front of you. The ring and the ballistic marks or whatever they are I find distracting.

And don't forget to adjust gyro sight range (and wingspan). I have this mapped to my joystick's most accessible buttons (on top) and I adjust range constantly with my thumb.

'Frett'

Cheers TurboHog, yeah AI enemy.

And thanks for the tips, I'll try your suggestions tonight.

I was aware of the wingspan / range thing, but hadn't made the time to look up the necessary info & keys. It's time for me to read the book on the fixed / predictor sights properly, and stop wasting lead.

20K no advantage (weight balanced) 1v1 Ai

This aint pretty... Some very dodgy skills up high(ish) - plus I was about to call it a day after a couple of hours of practise, apologies made... Determination and luck win out, despite skill shortage and fatigue.

I lose track of him shortly after the merge.

Not managed to get him off me, after he's latched on before! He got to close and I chopped the power...

Got to work on another tactic to keep in touch on the way down...?

Nice SimFreak,

Very authentic looking vid, some especially the longer range shots, could be straight out of a dusty can!

I like watching the original guncam films as you can often see how the pilots are using the rudder etc. and slipping it a bit to try and get the rounds on. This also comes across in these vids.

Will have to have a play with this view.

What?? Someone managed to kill the Superhuman AI? Impossible....(for me)

While I am not a dogfighter, more of a bomber type.. when I fight the ai , I try to get them down on the deck, which helps even out the fight,, they have less room to pull AI stuff down on the deck..

:joystick:

ASUS Strix Z790-H, i9-13900, WartHog HOTAS and MFG Crosswind

G.Skill 64 GB Ram, 2TB SSD

EVGA Nvidia RTX 2080-TI

55" Sony OLED TV, Oculus VR