DCS Mustang Developer Notes

EvilBivol-1

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ED Team
I was a second away to ask the same question - but on a second thought I realised that there should be no problem to program WEP to to a small band of your throttle axis.:joystick:

Your throttle must have noticable detent to avoid unwanted WEP engagement.

And we do not plan yet to implement two ways for WEP because there are too many items we must finish.

Maybe a macro for the certain device driver can help.

Ніщо так сильно не ранить мозок, як уламки скла від розбитих рожевих окулярів

There is nothing so hurtful for the brain as splinters of broken rose-coloured spectacles.

Ничто так сильно не ранит мозг, как осколки стекла от разбитых розовых очков (С) Me

The problem is more that there has to be a system implemented to identify the location of the detents for a given input device.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

The system is already (almost) there: using dead-zone/and saturation it the axis-tune panel. We must just be able to put two different functions on one axis - than we could use saturation/dead-zone to separate the two functions to be before/after the AB-detent.

But I get your point! ;) - considering what problems people have with putting only one function properly on a axis (the endless threads in the input/output section are telling their own story...), its surly a wise decision to implement the method to strictly separate the WEP from the Throttle axis. :)

Otherwise it sure would be a "every customer support nightmare" to explain the people that aren't able to set this up how to do so.

I'm happy that there are script-programs like PPJoy and Autohotkey that can exactly this: combining two virtual axis on a physical one. And I'm sure I'm one of the first that will post script-examples how to do this , once I got DCS: P-51D on my hard-drive.

Edited by PeterP

Wow. No comments about the kneeboard yet!;)

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Wow. No comments about the kneeboard yet!;)

Batman and Robin are already discussing about it!

batman.jpg

Robin: "Holy resurrection Batman! Da Pilot is Back !!- and he also has a map on his left leg !! ... Is this the information we are searching for? - does this map show us where the evil Joker has his hideout!?

- Dammit ! I wish we had a better view on this !"

Batman: " Don't worry Robin! I'm already calling EagleDynamics with my absolute ridiculous looking red Toy- *ahmm*... Bat-phone to give us a better look from different angels ! "

>>>http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=1437389#post1437389

DCSM-cockpit.jpg

• Like 1

@Peter

I would give you a hard time about "different angels" but that was too funny, so I will let it pass!:D

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

:PI bet you won each spelling contest at your school some decades ago... and you are still not tired to make fun out of not so "gifted" children like you !;)

I hope we will be able to move/drag (left click)the map by clicking each side of it.

and a ++ would be if we had a virtual pencil (right-click) to make some notes e.g. to mark targets on-the-fly... :)

Edited by PeterP

Or flame coming out of a pipe...

I was wondering how long that was going to take. Keen eye :)

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

And the mustangs being developed late in the war did not use fuel injection but the BF109s which was developed since the start of the war did?

The Mustang used a pressure carb. Fuel pump pressurized fuel is metered into the carburator rather then being sucked in by pressure difference between ambient air and the faster lower pressure air flowing through the venturi of a normal carburator. The wiki entry explains it pretty well: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bendix-Stromberg_pressure_carburetor

A couple guys I went to A&P school with many years ago worked at an shop that was certified to overhaul pressure carbs. They hated them because there was so many diaphrams, springs ... in general way to many fiddly bits.

She looks playable already, tune it more ED, and gimme my poison of choice!!!

As in so many other things, looks aren't everything.;)

Edited by sobek

Good, fast, cheap. Choose any two.

Come let's eat grandpa!

Use punctuation, save lives!

Wonder how long it will be before people from the bananna forum come here and start complaining about 100 octane fuel...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

System Specs

Intel I7-3930K, Asrock EXTREME9, EVGA TITAN, Mushkin Chronos SSD, 16GB G.SKILL Ripjaws Z series 2133, TM Warthog and MFD's, Saitek Proflight Combat pedals, TrackIR 5 + TrackClip PRO, Windows 7 x64, 3-Asus VS2248H-P monitors, Thermaltake Level 10 GT, Obutto cockpit

Is that some develper testing terrain? No marks on the tarmac, flat, and little detail.

Looks like normal Batumi scenery to me.

Good, fast, cheap. Choose any two.

Come let's eat grandpa!

Use punctuation, save lives!

*Looks a spot on the instrument panel to glue a pinup photo with a piece of chewing gum*

System:

Windows 10 | i7-7700K @ 4.5 Ghz | 32GB of RAM | Nvidia GTX 1080, 3440x1440 | DELL Ultrawide U3415W | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 and 2 TB Seagate Barracuda | TM Warthog Hotas | SLAW F-16 Pedals | Oculus Rift CV1 and HTC Vive PRO VR

+ High fidelity F/A-18C simpit :)