FARP Hollywood 001 - Troop Extraction from Outpost 27B Huey Or Mi8

FARP-Hollywood.jpg

FARP Hollywood : 001

Bravo Team Extraction From Outpost 27B

Situation: Bravo Team has been in the bush for nearly 2 months. Our commander has order some much need R&R for this team and they are currently being transported away from the front lines via APC to OutPost 27B. Your mission is to fly from FARP Hollywood to Outpost 27B and transport the troops back to FARP Hollywood. The FARP Commander has also invitee the families of the troops to welcome them home.

Not long after takeoff does our pilot realize this is not going to be a simple back and forth troop transport mission.

Note: This is a trigger based mission.

Radio Faq:

FARP Hollywood ATC : 127.5

FARP Hollywood : 50 FM

OutPost 27B: 59 FM

*Take note, this mission is for the Huey Only

Knee board Available

Knowledge of Radios Required

OutPost 27B LZ Trigger

001lz.png

Runtime:

Mission will take approx. 50-60 minutes to complete.

Download Here

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3302061/

Mission Briefing PDF (includes spoilers)

Mission Webpage

https://thefraternitysim.com/single-player-missions/farp-hollywood-001-bravo-team-extraction-from-outpost-27b-dcs-world-uh1-huey-or-mi8/

Video

Screenshots

FH001-1.jpg

FH001-3.jpg

FH001-6.jpg

FH001-7.jpg

FH001-4.jpg

Developed Using Moose

moose.png

Edited by ElementLT
Coming Soon...
The Fraternity Returns : https://thefraternitysim.com/

wow thanks for this second mission. i am sure it is very good! gotta try asap

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

wow thanks for this second mission. i am sure it is very good! gotta try asap

forgive the delay in missions i should be able to push them out a bit quicker now. the 9 to 5 had me a bit busy. damn sure which I could find a way to build missions for a living :D Hope you enjoy it!

Coming Soon...

just finished up in Huey and Mi-8, fun mission! I enjoyed the pacing, as well as all of the detailed FARPs. only suggestion would be to put a homing beacon on Outpost 16. looking forward to more of your missions

Acer Predator Triton 700 || i7-7700HQ || 512GB SSD || 32GB RAM || GTX1080 Max-Q || FFB II and Thrustmaster TWCS Throttle || All DCS Modules

Hi

For me the mission don't load. I havn't the MI-8, just the Huey and I thought I didn't need the Mi-8 to play the mission.

When I launch, the cursor stop at 55% before seing the menu with the Huey picture and I must do Ctrl Alt Suppr to going back on Windows desktop.

I've tried to edit the mission with the ME but it's the same, it don't load.

I've just seen that I need two lua files but where I must put them ?

All my others missions are working properly.

Edited by jef32

CPU: I7-6700K 4Ghz, GC: nVidia GeForce Titan X Gigabytes, 32 Go DDR4, Motherboard: Gigabytes Z170X-Gaming 3. OS: W10-Family, 3 HD Samsung SSD 850 Pro 1TB + 1 Samsung SSD EVO 500 Gb. Oculus Rift CV1

What are the specific install instructions?

They aren't in the readme

CPU: I7-6700K 4Ghz, GC: nVidia GeForce Titan X Gigabytes, 32 Go DDR4, Motherboard: Gigabytes Z170X-Gaming 3. OS: W10-Family, 3 HD Samsung SSD 850 Pro 1TB + 1 Samsung SSD EVO 500 Gb. Oculus Rift CV1

What are the specific install instructions?

download the *.miz file and save it to C:\users\username\saved games\dcs\missions

and it will be available in game in the mission section under "my missions" and not the aircraft.

My Rig: AM5 7950X, 32GB DDR5 6000, M2 SSD, EVGA 1080 Superclocked, Warthog Throttle and Stick, MFG Crosswinds, Oculus Rift.

just finished up in Huey and Mi-8, fun mission! I enjoyed the pacing, as well as all of the detailed FARPs. only suggestion would be to put a homing beacon on Outpost 16. looking forward to more of your missions

Thanks for playing Dresoccer4! I intentionally left OP16 without a beacon. Didn't want to make the mission too simple for everyone. :thumbup:

Coming Soon...

Hi

For me the mission don't load. I havn't the MI-8, just the Huey and I thought I didn't need the Mi-8 to play the mission.

When I launch, the cursor stop at 55% before seing the menu with the Huey picture and I must do Ctrl Alt Suppr to going back on Windows desktop.

I've tried to edit the mission with the ME but it's the same, it don't load.

I've just seen that I need two lua files but where I must put them ?

All my others missions are working properly.

Hi Jef32! This mission was originally designed for the Huey but I did add an Mi8 for any pilots who fly that. All code should be packed within the miz file. Just tested out the miz file and it has loaded just fine for me.

Here is the Huey Only version. maybe this will work for you.

https://thefraternitysim.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/10/001-FarpHollywood-Troop-Extraction-from-Outpost-27B-Huey.miz

Coming Soon...

download the *.miz file and save it to C:\users\username\saved games\dcs\missions

and it will be available in game in the mission section under "my missions" and not the aircraft.

Thank you Quadg! I have also added the install instructions to the mission briefing PDF. :smilewink:

Coming Soon...

I've put the .miz in the right place otherwise, it don't appear in the list and I couldn't launch it.

I launch it but it freeze after some few seconds. after I've learn about the 2 .lua files but I don't know where I must put them. I've tried in "scripts", in "C:\users\username\saved games\dcs\missions", in "Mission Editor" but, nothing to do, the missions don't launch.

I've put the .miz in the right place otherwise, it don't appear in the list and I couldn't launch it.

I launch it but it freeze after some few seconds. after I've learn about the 2 .lua files but I don't know where I must put them. I've tried in "scripts", in "C:\users\username\saved games\dcs\missions", in "Mission Editor" but, nothing to do, the missions don't launch.

Hi Jef32, so sorry your having some issues loading the game. For my system it only takes about 30 sec to load the game and then i'm playing. not sure why the game isn't showing up in your list after saving to your DCS/Missions folder.

What 2 lua files are you speaking of as everything is contained within the .miz file?

Coming Soon...

Thanks for the file ElementLT but it's the same that freeze at:

"terrain graphics init 97, caucasus ng5"

Perhaps a mod like Mustang terrain mod causes the issue?

OK, I've found the cause of the issue. It's the Upuaut's mod : Helipads-Cargos-Racegates-Hospitals.

When I disable this mod with JSGME your mission works fine !

Edited by jef32

Thanks for the file ElementLT but it's the same that freeze at:

"terrain graphics init 97, caucasus ng5"

Perhaps a mod like Mustang terrain mod causes the issue?

OK, I've found the cause of the issue. It's the Upuaut's mod : Helipads-Cargos-Racegates-Hospitals.

When I disable this mod with JSGME your mission works fine !

Excellent! Glad you were able to figure it out :thumbup:

Coming Soon...

Excellent! Glad you were able to figure it out :thumbup:

The problem is that I will not disable this mod, just for one mission. Mainly because I use this mod in lot of mission I've made for myself or others I've downloaded and which use it. So I will edit your mission to find which item in your mission makes a conflict with this mod.

Nice scenery :-)

However, I'm wondering if I did something wrong. When I arrived at the outpost (white smoke was popped), I landed close to the tents (also tried other spots), but nothing happened. Did I miss a trigger or something?

Also, I had to edit one little thing in the mission (changed map options to map only), otherwise navigation makes no sense if you can see your aircraft on the map. Alternate would probably be "hide on map" for the user aircraft.

Nice scenery :-)

However, I'm wondering if I did something wrong. When I arrived at the outpost (white smoke was popped), I landed close to the tents (also tried other spots), but nothing happened. Did I miss a trigger or something?

Also, I had to edit one little thing in the mission (changed map options to map only), otherwise navigation makes no sense if you can see your aircraft on the map. Alternate would probably be "hide on map" for the user aircraft.

Hi rge75! yes this is a trigger based mission so be sure to visit OP 16 before you head to OP27B. When you make it to OP27B you can land in the empty spot next to the two Cobras. Right next to the red fuel truck.

FH001-7.jpg

Thanks again for fly and i'll be a little more detailed on Mission 002.

Coming Soon...

I passed OP 16, at least I think so (the radio tower on the West coast where I was told to continue North for 6k) - or should I have landed there?

Anyway, I'll try on the spot in your screenshot (I tried two other spots....close to the tent and right of the spot in your screenshot). Maybe I was not in the trigger zone.

I'll give it another try later on.