Mustang Love

lobo

Hmmm....my canopies aren't dirty, I have no trouble seeing anything and my cockpits aren't low resolution. Maybe you need a new screen.

i ment cocpit's reflection on cannopy glass. remeber cannopy of mig-21 i could bearly see anything

System specs: I7 14700KF, Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Elite, 64GB DDR4 3600MHz, Gigabyte RTX 4090,Win 11, 48" OLED LG TV + 42" LG LED monitor

• 3 weeks later...
i woul love to see that kind of start up of p-51 in DCS someday

that's beautiful!

But it looks so much easier to taxi in RL, I think ED has to work on that, he just pushes the stick forward and has very precise controls with the rudder.

Edited by iRocco

Come ED! KA-50 is older and older than P-51.

Why? Why?... :\ :\ :\

i7-2600 @3.4GHz | Corsair 16GB @1600MHz. | MSI GTX1660Ti Gaming X | Samsung 256GB SSD (Win10HPx64)
Samsung G5 32" + Samsung 18" + 2x8"TFT Displays | Saitek X-55 Rhino & Rudder | TM MFD Cougars | Logitech G13, G230, G510, PZ55 & Farming Sim Panel | TIR5
>>MY MODS<< | Discord: Devrim#1068

that's beautiful!

But it looks so much easier to taxi in RL, I think ED has to work on that, he just pushes the stick forward and has very precise controls with the rudder.

The rudder has no authority while taxiing in the P-51. He's using the toe brakes and going fairly slow. If you have rudder pedals with toe brakes, you should be able to do this fairly easily.

The problem is often that you want to taxi faster than just about walking speed or just above it and you get into where the tail wants to break-out to the side very quickly.

Go slow and steady and you'll be fine.

When you hit the wrong button on take-off

hwl7xqL.gif

System Specs.

Spoiler
System board: MSI X670E ACE Memory: 64GB DDR5-6000 G.Skill Ripjaw System disk: Crucial P5 M.2 2TB
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D PSU: Corsair HX1200 PSU Monitor: ASUS MG279Q, 27"
CPU cooling: Noctua NH-D15S Graphics card: MSI RTX 3090Ti SuprimX VR: Oculus Rift CV1

Can someone explain the boost pump procedure? I think he is turning them off before takeoff and then on again when he is about to land.

Just switch it On before engine start and switch it OFF after engine shut down.

There is no another procedure.

Different procedure was for earlier model with three-position booster pump switch.

Edited by saburo_cz

F-15E | F-14A/B

P-51D | P-47D | Mosquito FB Mk VI |Spitfire | Fw 190D | Fw 190A | Bf 109K |  WWII Assets Pack

Normandy 2 | The Channel | Sinai | Syria | PG | NTTR | South Atlantic 

F/A-18 | F-86 | F-16C | A-10C | FC-3 | CA | SC |

"But it looks so much easier to taxi in RL, I think ED has to work on that, he just pushes the stick forward and has very precise controls with the rudder."

Yes, Rocco, at those slow speeds your rudder is doing nothing. You need to move faster to get air flowing around the surface for it to be of any use. In the Mustang, T6 also, pushing the stick forward unlocks the tailwheel and allows it to caster. You don't realy want to do this as you'll lose the airplane fairly quickly. With the stick nuetral, or pulled back, you have 6 degrees of movement from side to side because the tailwheel is now locked to the rudder. This is enough to allow you to taxi normally....and slowly! If taxiing the Mustang is giving you a hard time, my guess is that you're doing it with the tailwheel unlocked, or you are taxiing too fast. You have to be careful when the tailwheel is unlocked. It's really meant for making tight turns on the groud....not for normal taxiing.