P-51D Poor Climb Rate

gra1

Hi All. I,m new to DCS (approx 4 wks ) and loving it. My only previous flying experience is 45hrs flying a Cessna 172 in FSX. I have several problems, but i,m only going to ask one at a time.

From take off with 60 MP and 3000 Rpm, it takes an absolute age trying to get the speed up to about 170Mph to start the climb out. I keep the Alt low and the Vsi to a very low climb rate, trying to increase speed, but it just dos'ent happen. Let me say that i've used the cheat to start the engine, but still the same problem. I guess i must be missing something but can't figure out what.

Any help would be much appreciated, thanks gra1.

Win10,i7-7700HQ'2.8GHz,Ram-16Mb'2400MHz,SSD'256Gb,Graphics-intel-630'1MB + NVIDIA-GTX'1060-6Gb,HD-1Tb.

P-51D Poor Climb Rate

Two things, first make sure your mixture is in the run position and not the emergency position. Two- pull up the ATC menu, choose “ground crew” then “rearm & refuel” reduce your fuel to 68% or lower, 68% is the wings full and will give you a good hour and half flight time. The P51 with max fuel will fly for hours. If that doesn’t do it then contact me back and we will get you squared away. You should be climbing fairly easy at 200mph with 46” mp and 2700 rpm.

Obvious check, but you do have your gear and flaps up correct?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Two things, first make sure your mixture is in the run position and not the emergency position. Two- pull up the ATC menu, choose “ground crew” then “rearm & refuel” reduce your fuel to 68% or lower, 68% is the wings full and will give you a good hour and half flight time. The P51 with max fuel will fly for hours. If that doesn’t do it then contact me back and we will get you squared away. You should be climbing fairly easy at 200mph with 46” mp and 2700 rpm.

Obvious check, but you do have your gear and flaps up correct?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

+1 This. Have you fixed the problem?

Hardware: T-16000M Pack, Saitek 3 Throttle Quadrant, Homemade 32-function Leo Bodnar Button Box, MFG Crosswind Pedals Oculus Rift S

System Specs: MSI MPG X570 GAMING PLUS, GTX 1070 SC2, AMD RX3700, 32GB DDR4-3200, Samsung 860 EVO, Samsung 970 EVO 250GB

Modules: Ka-50, Mi-8MTV2, FC3, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-5E, P-51D, Spitfire Mk LF Mk. IXc, Bf-109K-4, Fw-190A-8

Maps: Normandy, Nevada

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hi, yes I have fixed the problem. Being a newbie I started off in game mode to make things easier. I've now changed to sim mode and the problem has gone away, power and performance are as expected.

Thanks gra1.