help with VR

D3vastator

Hi everyone,

I am experiencing a small problem, I just got my Rift and I cant seem to use the cold air carb lever or flaps using the rift controllers, I can seem to click and rotate everything else but for some reason these levers wont budge,

anyone know what I am doing wrong ?

thanks

Asus Rampage IV Extreme, Intel 3960X, 8gig Vengence, GTX 680 Top, Vertex 3 SSD, Sennheiser Xense, Custom EK wc loop, Silent Pro M1000watt, Corsair 600T, 24" BenQ XL2420, TM Hotas Warthog

Click for optimal graphics settings

Why are you using the rift controllers? No One that I know including myself flys VR with those. You need to use a HOTAS ( stick and a throttle) then use a mouse to click and turn all the switches in the cockpit. Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I too tried to use the Rift touch but have put them in a drawer for now. Like Campbell said program some of the most use switches to your HOSTAS (gear and flaps, etc) and use the mouse for the rest. It takes a little practice to get use to the mouse. Good Luck:joystick:

Why are you using the rift controllers? No One that I know including myself flys VR with those. You need to use a HOTAS ( stick and a throttle) then use a mouse to click and turn all the switches in the cockpit. Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I do it - for realism

Have an eye on the laser you are pointing at it is colored green holding your hand normal and if your twist your hand it turns blue. Took me a while to figure out that this is how you move a handle up or downwards ;)

X-Plane 11.5x / DCS 2.5.6 / P3Dv5 / Aerofly FS 2 / War Thunder

Win10-x64 | ASUS Z390 Maximus VI | Intel i7-9700K @3.6GHz | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB DDR4 | 6TB SSD Samsung 850 Pro | 2TB M2 PCI 4x | ASUS GTX 1080 ROG STRIX 8GB DDR5X | TM Hotas Warthog | Saitek Combat Pedals | Oculus Rift S

thank you for the reply,

do I also hold in the trigger while twisting my hand?

will try when I get home, cant wait :D

I do it - for realism

Have an eye on the laser you are pointing at it is colored green holding your hand normal and if your twist your hand it turns blue. Took me a while to figure out that this is how you move a handle up or downwards ;)

Asus Rampage IV Extreme, Intel 3960X, 8gig Vengence, GTX 680 Top, Vertex 3 SSD, Sennheiser Xense, Custom EK wc loop, Silent Pro M1000watt, Corsair 600T, 24" BenQ XL2420, TM Hotas Warthog

Click for optimal graphics settings

I can confirm the issue when using mouse look configuration in VR (ie having the option "use mouse" unchecked in VR options, and having configured HOTAS buttons to act as mouse buttons). These 2 specific levers do not react to any interaction. I've mapped them to HOTAS controls currently.

Whisper of old OFP & C6 forums, now Kalbuth.

Specs : i7 6700K / MSI 1070 / 32G RAM / SSD / Rift S / Virpil MongooseT50 / Virpil T50 CM2 Throttle / MFG Crosswind.

All but Viggen, Yak52 & F16