The Horsemen fly DCS P-51!

VH-Rock

• 2 weeks later...

VH (you)Rock, Thanks for posting this Not being an actual pilot I can only guess at the accuracy of a sim. That kind of feed back from pilots flying the real deal is good to hear.

I'm glad I found DCS and looking forward to many hours of great simming!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] Interlaken to Bern bomb run anyone?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Old thread, but I would love to know the joystick/curve settings that they felt were realistic.

We had our local airshow this past weekend (The Great Tennessee Air Show in Smyrna TN) and "Quicksilver" did a demo. Man I love the sound of the P-51.

• 1 month later...
Question for you, is it normal for the P-51 to bounce when the P-51 touchdown & what is a three point landing? Thanks!
This thread is old, so I will just answer for you now and let other people tell me I am wrong later.

Bouncing on landing means your vertical speed was too high. If you get the flare just right then you can land without a bounce. As long as you can stop safely without damaging the plane then don't worry about it too much. You will get better with practice.

A three point landing is when the tail wheel touches the ground at the same time as the main gear. Some people might insist it is the "correct" way to land, but it is easier to lose control and damage the plane that way. I figure if it is correct to take off on two wheels, then I might as well land on two wheels. Just do whichever you feel more comfortable with.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 5 months later...

You can have trackir working. Just put it facing down and put a recliner below it. If they wear glasses, balaclava is your friend, or even better, put those little plastic frame shutters on holiday goggles. Of course I'm kidding! Say a constable passes by and spots them, we get an instagram tag #IRA SNATCHERS ON RECLINERS WITH SHUTTER EYES. Buhahaha!!!

I spent abit of time talking to Ed and Dan after their flight, they were both very impressed. To quote Dan "you will not get much closer, unless your in my airplane"

Everything in the sim was turned on. We didnt have Track IR working as the hangar door was open and the light was interfering.

We also had Steve Hinton, Steve Hinton Jr as well as a few other pilots fly the sim and they were all very impressed.

Steve Hinton Jnr was a big fan and was talking about the sim quite alot over the course of both weekends.

They all tried things like the neg g push, wing stalling, wing buffetting and they were impressed with each and every thing they tried to catch the sim out with. What more can we say? hehe

One of the best things about the weekend was being able to speak to the real Stang pilots and compare what they thought of the sim vs the real experience.

We are back in September to meet up with some of the pilots, cant wait to see what they think then!

Pman

AWAITING ED NEW DAMAGE MODEL IMPLEMENTATION FOR WW2 BIRDS

Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.

• 4 weeks later...

yea big difference there real 51 ones and not a dam game ,Really not even in same league ,being a real pilot my self sorry games not even close ,strap your ass in a war bird for a ride if you ever get a chance and find out for you self !!., don't get me wrong I love the Simms it not the real thing .close

" To quote Dan "you will not get much closer, unless your in my airplane""

That's why they are called "simulations".:thumbup:

Intel i5-4690K Devil's Canyon, GForce TitanX, ASUS Z-97A MB, 16GB GDDR3 GSkill mem, Samsung SSD X3,Track IR, TM Warthog, MFG Crosswind pedals, Acer XB280HK monitor,GAMETRIX KW-908 JETSEAT

• 1 year later...

While it's nice that they complimented the sim...of course they are going to say it's nice. I think they'd have something different to say if they were into flight simming as we all are and flew it on a regular basis. I don't mean they'd say it's awful, but they'd see things that they aren't going to notice when they are grabbed from a show and sat down to try something they aren't really interested in.

I9 9900k @ 5ghz water cooled, 32gb ram, GTX 2080ti, 1tb M.2, 2tb hdd, 1000 watt psu TrackIR 5, TM Warthog Stick and Throttle, CH Pedals

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

What did he say about the Rift and the added realism?

System spec: i9 9900K, Gigabyte Aorus Z390 Ultra motherboard, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200 RAM, Corsair M.2 NVMe 1Tb Boot SSD. Seagate 1Tb Hybrid mass storage SSD. ASUS RTX2080TI Dual OC, Thermaltake Flo Riing 360mm water pumper, EVGA 850G3 PSU. HP Reverb, TM Warthog, Crosswind pedals, Buttkicker Gamer 2.

• 5 years later...