Joystick hat overriding snap view in toggle mode

allmhuran

I've just gone through and set up customized snap views for internal cockpit panel views.

I would like to have them in "toggle" mode so I am free to use controls with the mouse without holding down a key.

I am also using a joystick POV hat to slew the pilot view around in general. My plan is/was to use the POV hat to look around outside, and use snap views to quickly see panel controls.

When I use the hold-mode snap views, everything seems fine. That is to say, while the key is held the view goes to my saved snapview location.

However, when I press the key for toggle mode strange things happen.

First of all, my view immediately changes to one that is looking a little further down.

Secondly, the toggle keys don't actually toggle. It's like they're in hold mode... a press and release of a snapview key will flick to the snapview but then return to the slight-eyes-down view.

I noticed that if I turned on toggled mode, using my joystick hat was now jumping (and holding position) at some of the snap views.

So it seems that my POV hat being in the centre position is overriding my numpad snap view keys when in toggle mode, drawing the view back to centre.

I have checked my controls and the POV hat is only bound to view left/right/up/down slow under the view menu. It is not bound to anything under "view cockpit".

Halp?

Similar problem here - I rely on the sticky snap views but the toggle doesn't seem to work anymore (v1.2.3)!? Was this intended? Is there some other way to do it now, or did it just get broken in the latest version?

Zenra

Intel i7 930 2.8GHz; ATI HD5850 1GB; 1TB Serial ATA-II; 12GB DDR3-1333; 24 x DL DVD+/-RW Drive; 800W PSU; Win7-64; TM Warthog HOTAS

The DCSW upgrade overwrote the view.lua files that need to be changed in order to make custom snap views. Go to the snap view wiki and redo the whole process. Also, I believe the snap views must be assigned to a single key press with no shift, control, etc. modifiers for the latched mode to function correctly.

My snap views don't work anymore either. The toggle/latch/sticky will not hold the view. I'm not talking about custom views. Just RCNTRL+0 cockpit toggle not working with other snap views.

I have no backup folder, I did a complete reinstall.

I think they have broken something in the lua file with the update.

Edited by RichardG

I agree with RichardG - the problem I have is not with the definition of the snap views themselves but that they can no longer be made sticky (by pressing RCTRL + KPD0 first). This worked in 1.1.1.x but not since I reinstalled from DCS World v1.2.3.

Zenra

Intel i7 930 2.8GHz; ATI HD5850 1GB; 1TB Serial ATA-II; 12GB DDR3-1333; 24 x DL DVD+/-RW Drive; 800W PSU; Win7-64; TM Warthog HOTAS

I got em working, but I don't know how.

I'll tell ya what I did. Deleted the user config keyboard file. started the game....they didn't work. Shut down game, restart game, options/control settings to set up the custom controls I had that were reset when I deleted my config file. I assign most hotas controls to keyboard since I don't have a hotas throttle. Voila, somehow snap views are working again.

I think there is some conflict with certain key assignments. But I couldn't tell you which ones.

Thanks for the tip - I am traveling now but will give it a try when I get back. I use the TM Warthog HOTAS, so I cannot do exactly as you, but will delete the keyboard file like you did and try from there.

Thanks again!

Zenra

Let us all know if that works as I have a TM Warthog also and no holding snap views.

Trackir4 using the latest Trackir 5 software, Win10 Pro [Creator Update] updated from Win7Pro Pro 64Bit, Intel® Core™ i5-2500 3.30 GHz 6M Intel Smart Cache LGA115 , GigaByte GA-Z68XP-UD4 Intel Z68 Chipset DDR3 16GB Ram, GTX MSI Gaming 1060 [6 GB] Video Card, Main Monitor 1 on left 1920x1080 Touchscreen Monitor 2 on right 1920x1080 .

Let us all know if that works as I have a TM Warthog also and no holding snap views.

Yes, it worked for me, just as RichardG described.

Thanks again.

Zenra

• 2 weeks later...
Hi please can you tell me the directory for this file that needs deleting i am using DCS on steam if that helps

The file being referred to is found in your Saved Games folder. It will be under DCS\Config\Input\A-10C\keyboard assuming you are playing in Sim mode. I don't know what the path for Game mode would be but it would be similar.

Welcome to the forum!! :)

EDIT: I just processed the fact that if you are on using the Steam version you are running the standalone v1.1.1.1 version of A-10. I believe that the main folder name was different (something like DCS Warthog) but I am not positive as I have not run that version in a very long time.

Edited by cichlidfan

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup: