New Mig29 FM - Page 16 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 10-15-2018, 07:41 PM   #151
Dudikoff

Quote:
Originally Posted by probad View Post
in the mig-29 pitchdown trim accounts for like 70% [80%, see below] of the total possible deflection physically possible for the slabs -- but it is reserved for trim only. actual pilot input pitchdown deflection is NOT 15 degrees. 15 degrees cited in the manual is maximum deflection, not deflection available to input.
True, but I only ever saw a very slight deflection, especially at higher speed. I guess most of the negative pitch handling for the amount I was pulling was done by wing slats, hence why the horizontal surfaces didn't deflect much.

I guess the limits I was experiencing were mainly caused by the somewhat insensitive FSSB stick which I'm afraid to push too much as it's not mounted, plus the TM grips have a weak point there at the base. When I tried it with the keyboard, I could achieve noticeably higher deflection by somewhat longer presses of the pitch down key.

But, I haven't experienced the same complete lack of negative pitch control as yesterday yet, so have no screenshots to post.
i386DX40@42 MHz w/i387 CP, 4 MB RAM (8*512 kB), Trident 8900C 1 MB w/16-bit RAMDAC ISA, Quantum 340 MB UDMA33, SB 16, DOS 6.22 w/QEMM + Win3.11CE, Quickshot 1 btn 2 axis gameport joystick, Numpad as hat. 2 FPH on a good day, 1 FPH avg.

DISCLAIMER: My posts are absolutely useless. Just passing time till DCS: F-14..

Annoyed by my posts? Please consider donating. Once the target sum is reached, I'll be off to somewhere nice I promise not to post from. I'd buy that for a dollar!

Last edited by Dudikoff; 10-16-2018 at 11:02 AM.
Dudikoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2018, 08:49 AM   #152
Vatikus

Dudikoff,

You need to realize also one thing - SAS - Dampening. If you turn it OFF you will see that pushing stick forward will create full deflection.

Also note that in real plane prolonged neg. G or near 0G flight can result in engine damage as Oil distribution will be cut. (not simulated in DCS )
Old 10-17-2018, 01:20 PM   #153
mvsgas
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizzy View Post
If this is a 'real' FM or based on real characteristics of the jet, it's a rocket and it out turns anything else. Plus yank the stick back and it goes vertical from low speed. Can this jet really do all this ? Very impressive if it can !!

Mizzy

P.S. Love the new cockpit btw, been waiting forever to see the Mig 29 with a PFM !
Form now on my answer to all the FM thread is ;
Have you heard Wags interview in the Fighter pilot potcast? In it he talks about how close all the models where/are/will be and why they will never be 100% on purpose.
https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=222192

CPU=Intel Core I3 7320, Mo/Bo= ASRock B250 Gaming K4, Memory DDR42400 pc4-19200 16gb G.Skill Ripjaws V, video card=EVGA GTX 1060 SC, 6gb gddr 5, Joystick=Thrustmaster T-flight Stick X, Track IR, Win10 64

Last edited by mvsgas; 10-17-2018 at 01:51 PM.
mvsgas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2018, 01:37 PM   #154
GGTharos
Veteran

The link doesn't work, and it would be nice to get a time code.

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump
I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda
GGTharos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2018, 01:46 PM   #155
mvsgas
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by GGTharos View Post
The link doesn't work, and it would be nice to get a time code.
just press play

CPU=Intel Core I3 7320, Mo/Bo= ASRock B250 Gaming K4, Memory DDR42400 pc4-19200 16gb G.Skill Ripjaws V, video card=EVGA GTX 1060 SC, 6gb gddr 5, Joystick=Thrustmaster T-flight Stick X, Track IR, Win10 64
mvsgas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2018, 03:50 PM   #156
Mizzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvsgas View Post
Form now on my answer to all the FM thread is ;
Have you heard Wags interview in the Fighter pilot potcast? In it he talks about how close all the models where/are/will be and why they will never be 100% on purpose.
https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=222192
To be expected, of course FMs are classified, we can't have a PC simulation for commercial gain giving away military secrets can we !!

Mizzy
Mizzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2018, 04:59 PM   #157
rrohde
Veteran

This might be a question for Yo-Yo:

Assume the following: Flying with either the Attitude Hold AP or Level Flight AP on.

When pressing (and holding) AP Override, and then making some adjustments to the course, and - once done - letting go of the AP Override button, the nose always dips down quite a bit before it goes back to the AP setting as mentioned above.

On the contrary, when disabling the AP, and then making changes to the course, and then turning the respective AP back on, there is no nose-dip.

Is that expected behavior between these two concepts? I much prefer to use AP Override, but the dipping nose seems odd to me.

Thanks.

PC: Intel Core i7-7700K 4.2GHz @ 5.1GHz | MSI GTX 1080 TI 11GB VRAM | ASUS Maximus IX Hero | Corsair LPX 32GB 3200MHz DDR4 RAM | 27" Acer Monitor (2560x1440) | 512GB Samsung 850 PRO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit | Oculus Rift CV1 | Jetseat 908 | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.II /w MCG PRO

rrohde is offline   Reply With Quote