DCS last Update: Big problem !!! - Page 13 - ED Forums

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 10-12-2018, 03:57 AM   #121
NineLine
Community Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReflexArc View Post
I basically migrated my saved games configs into the DCS directory. This fixed the overlapping/competing config issue and everything now seems to be working fine. Is there any downside to this approach?

I suspect that I don't actually understand the function of the new files and that my changes will be overridden the next time DCS is updated. Are custom configs still saved to the saved games folder? (as a diff of a diff now?)
Chances are if you have to run a repair or the next update (we are possibly getting a hotfix Friday not related to this) and those profiles will be overwritten. Just be aware of that, if you want to save them for some reason, better back them up.
ED Facebook PageED YouTube PageWags YouTubeMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine #0440
**How to Report a Bug**
Old 10-12-2018, 04:07 AM   #122
SKL

Quote:
Originally Posted by NineLine View Post
How have you been kept from the Hornet? You can rebind as directed, or you can switch to the stable build, in both cases the Hornet works fine. Please don't make this more dramatic than it is, yes, its a pain to redo you bindings, guess, but it's not a block, or a crash, its an inconvenience.

I'm not frustrated and am not being dramatic, I'm simply trying to provide some insight into why others may be frustrated. Cheers!
Old 10-12-2018, 04:26 AM   #123
NineLine
Community Manager

Not sure anyone needs insight on why some might be frustrated about having to redo their keybindings, but.... thanks?
ED Facebook PageED YouTube PageWags YouTubeMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine #0440
**How to Report a Bug**
Old 10-12-2018, 05:12 AM   #124
gary palmer

Default How to backup bindings in future.

In future when this is all sorted out does it mean if user wishes to backup input/bindings that are user's custom bindings then that will be the folder on right side of pic attached...for example: S:\DCS World OpenBeta\Mods\aircraft\FA-18C\Input\FA-18C\joystick? So regular backup say of the 'aircraft' folder for all modules on a regular basis would be effective as backup.

Or will I still do backups of my custom bindings by backup of the folder on left side of pic attached...for example: C:\Users\Gary\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Config\Input\FA-18C_hornet\joystick? This is what I have done in past.

Am I correct in my understanding that any customs input/bindings are always in the Saved games folder not the program folder, and this will remain the same with this new bindings situation and DCS into the future? Bit confused as files called 'diff.lua' exist at both folder locations...help!

Thanking you...Gary
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	difference between diff.lua files at different folder locations.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	230.5 KB
ID:	195771  
Old 10-12-2018, 06:54 AM   #125
hansangb
Veteran

I understand this is painful. And even in the beta branch, some heads up/warning would have been nice since it's a sweeping change.

Having said that, I'm all for it. Current control setup is quite annoying and broken. Having to setup flaps, gear, master arm across all modules is a pain. So if we can get a better way of configuring HOTAS, I'll suck it up and drive on.

But I'd be a liar if I didn't think about going back to TARGET
Spoiler:
i7-8700K Delid/OC'ed to 5.1GHz, EVGA Z370 MB, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3, NVMe+SSD, Win 10 x64 Pro, MFG, JetSeat, Warthog, TM MFDs, Komodo Huey set, CV1
Old 10-12-2018, 07:33 AM   #126
tintifaxl

Quote:
Originally Posted by hansangb View Post
... Having to setup flaps, gear, master arm across all modules is a pain. So if we can get a better way of configuring HOTAS, I'll suck it up and drive on.
Where on the Warthog would you have "master arm" or "gear" for all modules? I wouldn't know; not even for the A-10C.

Quote:
But I'd be a liar if I didn't think about going back to TARGET

Same here.
Old 10-12-2018, 07:57 AM   #127
chrisofsweden

Quote:
And even in the beta branch, some heads up/warning would have been nice since it's a sweeping change.
This.
Old 10-12-2018, 08:04 AM   #128
backspace340

So this change is going to stable next week, with just an explanation to re-do all your bindings? Surely the devs can just write a migration to handle this neatly? I can't believe the only solution to this is for every single one of your customers using any of the most popular joysticks/throttles to spend hours rebinding.
Old 10-12-2018, 08:33 AM   #129
thrustvector

sorry to ask again, but I still have no re named file as a save, is anyone else having this problem?
Old 10-12-2018, 09:58 AM   #130
imacken

Can someone please summarise what is going on here? I am confused about what is being said by NineLine and others here.
Intel i7 8700 4.8GHz · EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z370-F · Acer 32" XB321HK · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · Samsung 850 Evo 500Gb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 10 · HOTAS Warthog · TM Pedals · Oculus Rift
Closed Thread