P51D Videos

JimMack

• 2 weeks later...

Richard Candaleria P-51D Ace talks about his time in the 8th AAF.

At 1h 8min he talks about the P-51 atributes in a fight against 109s and 190s.

Edited by Solty

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]In 21st century there is only war and ponies.

My experience: Jane's attack squadron, IL2 for couple of years, War Thunder and DCS.

My channel:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyAXX9rAX_Sqdc0IKJuv6dA

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...
Part 2 is up!

Love it!

System Specs: i9-9900K @ 5.0GHz 1.35V HT Off|Asus Maximus XI|Nvidia RTX 2080 Ti|G.Skill Trident Z 64GB DDR4 3200MHz C14|Samsung 2TB 960 Pro M.2 SSD (DCS)|Samsung 1TB 960 Pro M.2 SSD (Win 10)|Corsair HX850i|Custom Loop

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Sad Video but thx for Sharing? Can see in the Video it happen in Duxford last Year?

What was the cause of the Engine Failure anyone know?

Once you have tasted Flight, you will forever walk the Earth with your Eyes turned Skyward.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

9./JG27

Actually there was another video that divulges the cause. It's an analysis of the engine failure.

Here is the Link >>

In it they describe that it "appears" to have been the Carburetor.

The Pilot figured it was a fuel issue from somewhere between the Fuel Tank(s) and the Engine. I was thinking it was a Fuel Filter. But those that Re-Built the Engine indicated that it was likely only the Carb.

• Like 1

SnowTiger:joystick:

• 1 month later...

Oh no :wacko: that's so painful to watch.

When you hit the wrong button on take-off

hwl7xqL.gif

System Specs.

Spoiler
System board: MSI X670E ACE Memory: 64GB DDR5-6000 G.Skill Ripjaw System disk: Crucial P5 M.2 2TB
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D PSU: Corsair HX1200 PSU Monitor: ASUS MG279Q, 27"
CPU cooling: Noctua NH-D15S Graphics card: MSI RTX 3090Ti SuprimX VR: Oculus Rift CV1

• 1 month later...

Much improved by a voice-over, this is Kermit on his P-51C ... amazing how much of his procedures applies to DCS:

05GB8ET7DXU

:)

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

• 3 weeks later...

I'm deaf now but its a cool video. :joystick:

9./JG27

"If you can't hit anything, it's because you suck. If you get shot down, it's because you suck. You and me, we know we suck, and that makes it ok." - Worst person in all of DCS

"In the end, which will never come, we will all be satisifed... we must fight them on forum, we will fight them on reddit..." - Dunravin

• 7 months later...
  • 7 months later...

As my latest video good suprisingly well received i will put a link here so a broader part of the DCS community easily has access to it.

Please keep in mind that i for a couple of years and for good reasons do not discuss or answer any questions publically on any flight sim forums.

Nevertheless i hope you find the video interesting.

Edited by Agathos_Deimon

As my latest video good suprisingly well received i will put a link here so a broader part of the DCS community easily has access to it.

Please keep in mind that i for a couple of years and for good reasons do not discuss or answer any questions publically on any flight sim forums.

Nevertheless i hope you find the video interesting.

About this plane moving issue i think modern p-51 have lost quite a lot of weight, missing guns ammo etc this probably making that p-51 fully loaded is moving at higher rpm.

System specs: I7 14700KF, Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Elite, 64GB DDR4 3600MHz, Gigabyte RTX 4090,Win 11, 48" OLED LG TV + 42" LG LED monitor

About this plane moving issue i think modern p-51 have lost quite a lot of weight, missing guns ammo etc this probably making that p-51 fully loaded is moving at higher rpm.

Eh?

Graf, that makes zero sense.

Firstly, RPMs are identical - 3000RPM.

MP maybe lower for modern warbird routines but that's down to a variety of issues, one being the slightly lighter airframes.

If the Wartime mustangs were heavier, conversely they'd be slower to react to RPM/Throttle changes because of inertia, not more; however once the divergence starts they are harder to correct because that extra mass being moved has greater momentum.

Personally I suspect that the disconnect between the real perceived torque effects and the games could come down to the pilots posterior - having flown in the Spit IX, your butt gives you fabulous feed back to any lateral accelerations and I imagine high time hours pilots learn to correct using this sensory instinctively.

Even if that's not the case we have a input hardware that is not a good mimic of the real thing; there's a lack of feedback and the damping is way off; often it's too easy to apply - and therefore over-apply - rudder inputs which does not help at all.

He adressed it in the comments below the vid (ammo and fuel adjusted in both DCS and Il-2 to bring the weight close to the machine he flew).

Interesting video, I wish there were more similar ones out there.

@DD - I think graf refers to the RPM required to start the plane rolling.

Edited by Art-J

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

• ED Team
Eh?

MP maybe lower for modern warbird routines but that's down to a variety of issues, one being the slightly lighter airframes.

If the Wartime mustangs were heavier, conversely they'd be slower to react to RPM/Throttle changes because of inertia, not more; however once the divergence starts they are harder to correct because that extra mass being moved has greater momentum.

Personally I suspect that the disconnect between the real perceived torque effects and the games could come down to the pilots posterior - having flown in the Spit IX, your butt gives you fabulous feed back to any lateral accelerations and I imagine high time hours pilots learn to correct using this sensory instinctively.

Even if that's not the case we have a input hardware that is not a good mimic of the real thing; there's a lack of feedback and the damping is way off; often it's too easy to apply - and therefore over-apply - rudder inputs which does not help at all.

Yes, I always tell that if the most accurate model of bicycle is made, nobody could easily ride it, even if they have a lot of RL experience.

Different feedback loops: in RL body sensors controlling muscles 24 hours a day keeping your unsteady body vertical with very little help of vision vs vision controlling your muscles through absolutely different parts of the brain.

Ніщо так сильно не ранить мозок, як уламки скла від розбитих рожевих окулярів

There is nothing so hurtful for the brain as splinters of broken rose-coloured spectacles.

Ничто так сильно не ранит мозг, как осколки стекла от разбитых розовых очков (С) Me

Eh?

I was referring to first part of this movie. At which rpm p-51 starts moving on the ground.I always has this feeling that ground in dcs is a little bit sticky. TF-51 was rolling at 900rpm in dcs there is now way to move p-51 at 900rpm

I found later in comments that guy reduced weight of p-51 to match tf-51 real one.

While t/o 55" dcs p-51 looks like accelerating similar to this TF-51

Edited by grafspee

System specs: I7 14700KF, Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Elite, 64GB DDR4 3600MHz, Gigabyte RTX 4090,Win 11, 48" OLED LG TV + 42" LG LED monitor