P51 fuel gauges

Skwinty

Hi everyone,

As a new comer to DCS World I have nothing but praise for this SIM. The best I have flown excluding the Airbus A380 simulator, the $20 million one. I was lucky enough to spend 2 hours doing touch and goes with short local flights.

Now, to my fuel gauge issue. I have the Mi8 and P51D. I cannot see the P51 fuel gauges. I do not have TRACKIR and fly with a Logitech Extreme 3D. Now I know you can use snapviews for this purpose but you would need to see the gauges prior to setting snap view.

I seem to recall when first starting with the Mi8 there was the ability to see behind obstacles. I cannot remember what I did to achieve that. The P51D with no pilot in the cockpit is the norm for me but the seat still blocks the gauges. How do I get to peer around the corners as it were.

Once again a great SIM and I am looking forward to building proficiency and starting with on line warfare.

Intel® Core™ i7-8750H Processor

15.6-inch FHD (1920 x 1080) IPS Anti-Glare LED-Backlit Display

16GB, 2x8GB, DDR4, 2666MHz

128GB SSD + 1TB 5400 RPM Hard Drive

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB GDDR5

Windows 10 Home 64bit

Hey, and welcome to DCS :thumbup:

Numpad / and *, increases and decreases FOV (zoom)

Numpad 4 and 6, rotates view left and right.

Numpad 8 and 2, rotates view up and down.

RSHIFT+RCTRL+Numpad 4 and 6, pans view left and right.

RSHIFT+RCTRL+Numpad 2 and 8, pans view up and down.

RSHIFT+RCTRL+Numpad / and *, moves view back and forth.

Numpad 5, recenters position.

Numpad Enter, resets FOV.

LWIN+Numpad 1 to 9, selects the snapview you want to edit. 5 is default view, handy to recentering your view.

RALT+Numpad 0, saves snapview.

So before you start, make sure you have Save Custom Snapviews enabled in options.

Now its been a while since I messed around with snapviews, but I think the procedure is:

1. Choose the snapview you want to edit. For example LWIN+Numpad 1

2. Direct the view to where you want it.

3. Save the snapview with RALT+Numpad 0.

If you mess it up, you can always delete you snapviews.lua file, and try again. It creates a new file the first time you save a snapview again.

File is located in your C:\Users\Username\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Config\View (or DCS equivalent if you arent using the Beta)

If you already have custom snapviews, make a backup of the file, just incase.

RCTLR+Numpad 1 to 9 (I think, check control mappings), jumps to given snapview, for as long as you hold the keys down. You can toggle this to stay, but I cant remember what the hotkeys are. Also, there a more snapview hotkeys, but I cant remember all those. Have a look in control mappings.

I hope I remember everything correct here. It can get very confusing :)

- Jack of many DCS modules, master of none.

- Personal wishlist: F-15A, F-4S Phantom II, JAS 39A Gripen, SAAB 35 Draken, F-104 Starfighter, Panavia Tornado IDS.

| Windows 11 | i5-12400 | 64Gb DDR4 | RTX 3080 | 2x M.2 | 27" 1440p | Rift CV1 | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS | MFG Crosswind pedals |

Thanks Knock-Knock,

I will try the the right shift right control sequences tonight. I use the stick TOP HAT to view the cockpit and 2 keys on the stick for zooming in and out.

Windows 10 Home 64bit

Great stuff, all good now. Thanks to Knock-Knock and Art-J who sent me a pm. Awesome forum and SIM.

Windows 10 Home 64bit