T6000 FCS bindings for P51-D help

dpj463

I am a noob at DSC but am really enjoying the learning process. After 1 week, I can start, taxi, takeoff and fly pretty well. I land successfully about 1 in 4 tries...lol

Current setup:

T6000 FCS with rudder pedals

two Button boxes on my rig for various functions

I always fly in VR

Most of the major functions have been mapped successfully but I am curious if anyone has found any clever or good bindings for:

1. The mini stick on the throttle

2. The rocker axis on the front of the throttle.

I just can't seem to find anything that makes sense or works properly for these two items. I have the rudder pedals so I don't need to map the rocker axis for that function.

Also if anyone could share their setup specifically for this airplane, that would be appreciated. I am sure that I have probably not thought this out like some of you pros out there

Gigabyte Z390 mobo, i9-9900K, 32gb ram, GTX 2080 ti, Evo 970 nvme 1tb, 2 DSD button box OSW panels, Oculus Rift CV1, Odyssey Plus, Valve Index, Rift S, HP Reverb, 2 SimRacingStudio wind sim fans, MFG Crosswind pedals, Warthog hotas w 50mm extension, Simlab GT1 EVOcockpit, Gametrix Jet Seat, SFX-100 3DOF motion, 8 transducers, 2 Cougar MFD's

DCS World, Simshaker for Aviators, sound module

Modules: P51, F/18, All Rotor craft, F14, F16, FC3

Super Carrier

• 1 month later...

Zoom View and Brakes come to mind for mini sticks that return to center. In my case this is in addition to other methods of doing the same thing with lessor results.

You can limit the stroke to only be half so that it appears to go back to zero and lets you use the full stroke for only one half. Whatever you like by adjusting the saturations.

By adjusting Saturation y in the attached pics, it limits how far past center 0 to off it can go. It can go digitally and thereby one can adjust the level of zoom out it returns to.

I.E. I can be zoomed in or out to any level via other methods I use (buttons held) and when I hit the mini stick at all and allow it to center, I am right back to the optimal zoom level of my choosing showing my six pack gauges. Without using this mini stick and curve, it is a regular PITA to get back to my preferred view while wearing a track IR.

I believe it works like this.

Saturation Y seems to be the limit when you let go of the stick. I limited this to 90 for the zoom since at 100 it was zooming back to too close.

Saturation X seems to be the limit on full application. I limited this on my particular brake application by using a lower than 50 Saturation X since I wanted only half braking or the brakes stay on in a Spitfire. One could use more or less in the P-51 as desired.

Curves speed up or slow down the action in specific areas.

1754490519_zoomcurve.thumb.png.820874a08c6830d8ecb5958f285e29c4.png

79410647_curve1brakesviahat.thumb.png.56153f8f96ea9cd08d2c41b9fe54d29f.png

Win 10 pro 64 bit. Intel i7 4790 4 Ghz running at 4.6. Asus z97 pro wifi main board, 32 gig 2400 ddr3 gold ram, 50 inch 4K UHD and HDR TV for monitor. H80 cpu cooler. 8 other cooling fans in full tower server case. Soundblaster ZX sound card. EVGA 1080 TI FTW3. TM Hotas Wartog. TM T.16000M MFG Crosswinds Pedals. Trackir 5.

"Everyone should fly a Spitfire at least once" John S. Blyth

If you're not wedded to using the axes as axes then maybe employ them for custom snap-views? The front rocker could be set up for e.g. LEFT = close-up engine management controls while RIGHT = close-up armament panel.

Thanks, that is a great idea....

Gigabyte Z390 mobo, i9-9900K, 32gb ram, GTX 2080 ti, Evo 970 nvme 1tb, 2 DSD button box OSW panels, Oculus Rift CV1, Odyssey Plus, Valve Index, Rift S, HP Reverb, 2 SimRacingStudio wind sim fans, MFG Crosswind pedals, Warthog hotas w 50mm extension, Simlab GT1 EVOcockpit, Gametrix Jet Seat, SFX-100 3DOF motion, 8 transducers, 2 Cougar MFD's

Super Carrier

Zoom View and Brakes come to mind for mini sticks that return to center. In my case this is in addition to other methods of doing the same thing with lessor results.

You can limit the stroke to only be half so that it appears to go back to zero and lets you use the full stroke for only one half. Whatever you like by adjusting the saturations.

By adjusting Saturation y in the attached pics, it limits how far past center 0 to off it can go. It can go digitally and thereby one can adjust the level of zoom out it returns to.

I.E. I can be zoomed in or out to any level via other methods I use (buttons held) and when I hit the mini stick at all and allow it to center, I am right back to the optimal zoom level of my choosing showing my six pack gauges. Without using this mini stick and curve, it is a regular PITA to get back to my preferred view while wearing a track IR.

I believe it works like this.

Saturation Y seems to be the limit when you let go of the stick. I limited this to 90 for the zoom since at 100 it was zooming back to too close.

Saturation X seems to be the limit on full application. I limited this on my particular brake application by using a lower than 50 Saturation X since I wanted only half braking or the brakes stay on in a Spitfire. One could use more or less in the P-51 as desired.

Curves speed up or slow down the action in specific areas.

Thanks for the idea...

Super Carrier