[FIXED] Radar STT lock jumping between targets

HWasp

Hi!

Testing the radar against multiple ai opponents had the following issues revealed for me:

(4x M2000 20000ft coming from approx. same direction 20, 30, 40, and 50 miles)

In RWS radar does not try to prioritize the target at the TDC, instead keeps locking targets further away, even if there is more than 30 nm between the contacts (approx same direction, but not exactly).

Radar lock jumps between targets even if there is more than 30 nm range difference between them. Sometimes radar jumps back and forth between the contacts multiple times (less than 1 second interval).

In boresight mode if two contacts are inside the circle, one of them at 5 nm the other 40+nm, the radar usually locks the target much further away. No priority is given to the close bandit and there seems to be no range limit (max radar range maybe)

The plane itself is truly amazing, I am totally addicted :)

Track added with the latest patch. Please sort this out, it is really getting frustrating.

F-18radarbug.trk

Edited by HWasp
TITLE

Hi!

Testing the radar against multiple ai opponents had the following issues revealed for me:

(4x M2000 20000ft coming from approx. same direction 20, 30, 40, and 50 miles)

In RWS radar does not try to prioritize the target at the TDC, instead keeps locking targets further away, even if there is more than 30 nm between the contacts (approx same direction, but not exactly).

Radar lock jumps between targets even if there is more than 30 nm range difference between them. Sometimes radar jumps back and forth between the contacts multiple times (less than 1 second interval).

In boresight mode if two contacts are inside the circle, one of them at 5 nm the other 40+nm, the radar usually locks the target much further away. No priority is given to the close bandit and there seems to be no range limit (max radar range maybe)

The plane itself is truly amazing, I am totally addicted :)

yes,it's happened to me too!

Likewise. Locking a single target when there are multiple targets on the same bearing is pretty much impossible. I wonder if this is intended/realistic behavior or just a bug. I hope the latter. Between that and how easily it breaks lock when maneuvering, I have just been avoiding any kind of A/A engagement.

Sent from my HTC6545LVW using Tapatalk

Hm... that would explain why I killed a friendly some days ago when I was sure I locked up the bandit... good to know, thank you!

I too accidentally committed fratracide the other day and was dumbfounded as to how it happened.

I then reversed time a bit - I “tweaked” the logbook.lua to remove the infraction... :music_whistling:

Alienware Area 51 R5 - Intel i9 7980XE (4.7 GHz), 32GB Dual Channel HyperX DDR4 XMP, Dual NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Graphics 11GB GDDR5X SLI, 4.5 TB combo of SSDs/HDDs, Alienware 1500 Watt Multi-GPU Power Supply, Alienware 25” 240Hz Gaming Monitor, Alienware Pro Gaming Keyboard, TM HOTAS, TM Cougar F-16C MFDs, Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals, TrackIR5, Win10 Pro x64

I am away from home until saturday (I was already away at the time of the initial post.)

Please, if someone has the time to test and record this, post the track in this thread in order to help setting this straight.

Thank you in advance!

Edited by HWasp
note

Happened to me too. Took a shot on a Mig29, hit the friendly F5, bit since the Mig 29 finished it off, it did not get rated as my friendly kill. It happens. no buddy spike yet ;)

X-Plane 11.5x / DCS 2.5.6 / P3Dv5 / Aerofly FS 2 / War Thunder

Win10-x64 | ASUS Z390 Maximus VI | Intel i7-9700K @3.6GHz | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB DDR4 | 6TB SSD Samsung 850 Pro | 2TB M2 PCI 4x | ASUS GTX 1080 ROG STRIX 8GB DDR5X | TM Hotas Warthog | Saitek Combat Pedals | Oculus Rift S

I assumed its intentional and maybe like that IRL.

I also had friendlies crossing my beam while I had a lock on a more distant target and they just picked up my lock onto them.

4790K@4,6Ghz | EVGA Z97 Classified | 32GB @ 2400Mhz | Titan X hydro copper| SSD 850 PRO

Moments in DCS:

--> https://www.youtube.com/user/weltensegLA

-->

WELD's cockpit: --> http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=92274

So i noticed that you dont have actually slew your TDC onto the target, if you just slew the TDC and align them vertically with your target and TDC de-press, it will lock on to it. The problem happens if there are multiple target in that vertical bar, it'll target randomly and even if you got the lock on to the target that you actually wanted, it will jump if theres something else on that vertical bar.

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry, if you already know this but STT still flickers between two targets that are directly in front of you...but this only happened in VACQ...also when going to guns, targets are automatically locked by what appears to be GACQ, but there is no HUD moniker displayed to tell you that. WACQ appears to work as you can see and BST has always worked for me. I'm including the track since the topic title has not been changed to include more, dare I say bugs, than just STT obtained by locking up a blip on the radar..at the very end, you can see the lock flickers back and forth between targets....again, sorry if this is all known

acquisition_modes.trk

Edited by Alphamale