A lot of scratches, maybe a bit less please

razo+r

I'm not denying the presence of scratches on canopies, on the contrary (especially in GA where cost is more of a factor). We had cracks on some of the older club operated glider canopies from drops, with patches and anti-travel holes drilled.

Your camera is focused to the canopy, when I fly; I'm not focused on that, I'm looking beyond it for traffic and so on. Those are light scratches along with apparently dirt, not quite what I'm seeing in the Harrier.

Long and short, in my humble opinion, as a flyer; it could do with toning down.

It is what you are seeing. The scratches show differently in different light conditions. It's not dirt on the canopy but moisture and pollen. DCS models the scratches effectively in the sunlight. They aren't perfect unless they are new, and they have simm'd this aspect well enough. There is the case that there can be newer canopies, but what we have in game is still within the used canopy condition. Point I was making in the pic was look at the pattern of the scratches. Look familiar?

"It's amazing, even at the Formula 1 level how many drivers still think the brakes are for slowing the car down."

VF-2 Bounty Hunters

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Virtual Carrier Strike Group 1 | Discord

+1 for toning them down, they’re excessive in VR and glow bright white in sunlight, even at sunset.

Intel i9-9900KF @5.2GHz

MSI Z390 Gaming Pro Carbon

32GB G.Skill Trident Z DDR3200 RAM

MSI RTX 2080 Ti Gaming X Trio

40" Panasonic TH-40DX600U @ 4K

Pimax Vision 8K Plus / Oculus Rift CV1 / HTC Vive

Gametrix JetSeat with SimShaker

Windows 10 64 Bit Home Edition

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]