[request] West-German Mi-8

Bananabrai

Hi to all painters/skinners,

I am not sure if this skin does already exist, but for multiplayer coop event I am looking for/requesting a west german Mi-8 skin.

After west and east germany reunited after the fall of the berlin war, west germany first took over most of the former NVA aircrafts.

As the NVA had Mi-8s, these were taken over as well. I collected a few images from the net.

93+75a.jpg

This is one of the best, as it shows exaclty how I would like to have it. Old colors and the grey-ish tone, but "new" west german markings only.

tumblr_p4kr95ElFS1u0l55ro1_1280.jpg

East_German_Mi-8.jpg

Here still with NVA markings...

45_1.png

I don't know if this is fictional or real, but a SAR version would be very nice as well.

Here it looks more like a green tone. The grey suits it better i think

Mi8Peenemunde.JPG

The last one, better qualitiy but shows both, NVA and west-german markings and a few more different colors.

Such a skin would be a very nice addition. In the early '90s, crisis were still not cooling down in the caucasus region.

If germany would have deployed units in georgia around that time, west german Mi-8's would have had those colors.

And as we have exaclty this map for DCS, and the F-4 is "about to come",

germany has a good amount of flyable early 90's aircraft together with the huey and at some point the Bo-105 (soon...).

Edited by Bananabrai

Alias in Discord: Mailman

• 2 weeks later...