Aircraft models? (the plastic kind)

WelshZeCorgi

1 hour ago, Nealius said:

Finished my Hasegawa Skyhawk (1/32). Old kit with raised details. First 1/32 kit and they're definitely way too big for my liking. Pics are huge so I'll link the album.

Album

56ivp9x.jpeg

Very nicely done. I have a 1/32 Tornado GR1 still in the box where it’s been for about 4 years now! Need to re-arrange my ‘me’ room a bit before starting it so I have somewhere suitable for it to be once complete.

• Like 1

Alien desktop PC, Intel i7-8700 CPU@3.20GHz 6 Core, Nvidia GTX 1070, 16GB RAM. TM Warthog stick and Throttles. Saitek ProFlight pedals.

What nice work you guys do. I have recently re-discovered plastic models. I have a goal to build the aircraft that I flew in real life as well as the ones I fly in DCS. So far, I have been ordering kits. But I will be building soon. I have experience airbrushing RC models. But the last plastic model I built was back in the 1980's.

Here is my 80mm EDF L-39 that I custom airbrushed. Hopefully I can do the same in 1/48.

Screenshot 2022-03-01 082930.png

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Zeagle said:

What nice work you guys do. I have recently re-discovered plastic models. I have a goal to build the aircraft that I flew in real life as well as the ones I fly in DCS. So far, I have been ordering kits. But I will be building soon. I have experience airbrushing RC models. But the last plastic model I built was back in the 1980's.

Here is my 80mm EDF L-39 that I custom airbrushed. Hopefully I can do the same in 1/48.

Screenshot 2022-03-01 082930.png

Very nice! And I’m same - modelling the aircraft I have piloted. I’ve never took up the baton with regards to RC, that’s potentially a lot of money to go bang on first flight! But some of those aircraft though - wow! Years ago I was seriously thinking about it after a friend showed me his BVM F-4, was huge! Had to be somewhere around 7 feet in length and had 2 mini turbines. Only thing that spoiled it was the aircrew figures - looked like the midget Air Force.

Alien desktop PC, Intel i7-8700 CPU@3.20GHz 6 Core, Nvidia GTX 1070, 16GB RAM. TM Warthog stick and Throttles. Saitek ProFlight pedals.

• 2 weeks later...
16 hours ago, whiteladder said:

A few pics of my finished walrus model

poxnmUJEj

po2QWpf1j

pody6D9Wj

poi2NmQTj

That is stunning. Love the display base too. Excellent work Sir.

That indeed is beautiful! :surprise:

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I ordered four models. The first one arrived today! It's quite awesome! Only complaint is it's not actually what I ordered! -edit Unopened cause I'm hoping to exchange it for the correct plane, still

20220907_011506.jpg

Edited by Mars Exulte
  • Like 1

Де вороги, знайдуться козаки їх перемогти.

5800x3d * 3090 * 64gb * Reverb G2

Easy Model F-16 arrived today. For $30, it's actually pretty nice. Got a EM Eurofighter coming in along with two more from Calibre (Su-24 and Su-27 in Ukrainian colors).

-edit

I um... ordered five more today. I'm going to have make a folder now.

20220912_151400.jpg

Edited by Mars Exulte
  • Like 1

On 9/17/2022 at 10:39 AM, Kang said:

Those look grand, but also quite costly. Keep us posted on how the others look!

#4 is arriving tomorrow, and there's five more arriving within a week =D

Eurofighter, F-16, F-18, Su-24, Su-27, Ka-50, Mi-8, Bf-109, P-51. I'm eyeing a couple more but am now exercising restraint until I see how much room I have left. I only have two 48'' shelves, and each of these models range from 8-12'' so I can probably fit about 6-7 per shelf.

-edit

Alas, the same plane misdelivered as a F-14 came to my home, attempted delivery, then reversed course and started moving away again. I'm hopeful they catch it before it's halfway across the country like last time this happened.

Edited by Mars Exulte

15 hours ago, sgtoinkz said:

Amazing work to all the builders here! Very impressive! I'm trying to take advantage of all the "egg plane" series models I can get my hands on while working in Japan...my kit bashed AV-8! have to start somewhere!DSC_0295.JPG

Now i know what a GR3 would look like trying to hold in a fart. :laugh:

• Like 2

13 hours ago, sgtoinkz said:

The F-15 and J-15 egg fighters!

BD4B400C-CE77-499D-A6F3-BC0FA40DAAA9.jpeg

F4138341-644C-45C5-913B-97CC1204FAD2.jpeg

0023EE95-526E-4810-A68B-911A5F8B3B1F.jpeg

Just wondering, as I wasn't familiar with these kind of "egg" models 😅:

Do you buy these models as a whole, or is there actually some skill required and did you build and paint these yourself?

Either way, very funny 😂

Edit: Surprises me that no DCS modder jumped on this. Seems like perfect 3D models for a Grim Reapers YT video 😋

Edited by sirrah

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

1 hour ago, sirrah said:

Just wondering, as I wasn't familiar with these kind of "egg" models 😅:

Do you buy these models as a whole, or is there actually some skill required and did you build and paint these yourself?

Either way, very funny 😂

Edit: Surprises me that no DCS modder jumped on this. Seems like perfect 3D models for a Grim Reapers YT video 😋

I found these things in Tokyo while cruising around looking for good hobby shops, there are plenty of these around town. Minor skill I would say, I haven't built in a while so I figured, why not....if I jack this thing up, it already is a cartoon so....😆 They are not quite a snap together type and do require glue and final paint, weathering, bashing etc. I did all of the painting a modding myself. I wanted them to be somewhat obnoxious desk pieces.

4 minutes ago, sgtoinkz said:

I found these things in Tokyo while cruising around looking for good hobby shops, there are plenty of these around town. Minor skill I would say, I haven't built in a while so I figured, why not....if I jack this thing up, it already is a cartoon so....😆 They are not quite a snap together type and do require glue and final paint, weathering, bashing etc. I did all of the painting a modding myself. I wanted them to be somewhat obnoxious desk pieces.

I see, you did well :thumbup:, they look great 😂

System specs:

• 1 month later...

Not aircraft modelling, but I recently come across this modelling channel and was genuinely stunned .. it's a South Korean modeller that takes car building to a sublime level, it's certainly worth a look:

• Like 3

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB