[FIXED] ADI Yaw Indicator not correct for Standard Rate Turn

Binary

The ADI Yaw rate indication does not properly reflect a turn rate of 3°/sec.

A standard rate turn is defined as a 3° per second turn, which completes a 360° turn in 2 minutes.
(Wikipedia)

The F18 NATOPS state (at 2.13.4.3 Electronic Attitude Display Indicator (EADI)):

A turn indicator which displays FCS yaw rate is provided below the ball. A standard rate turn (3° per second) is indicated when the lower box is displaced so that it is under one of the end boxes.

In DCS, when flying a standard rate turn, the lower box is not under one of the end boxes - as seen in the attached screenshot.

Additionally attached is:

- a track file where I start a timer at 330° and am done with the 360° turn after 01:58min (and have the ADI page open of course)

- a tacview file, which can be used to check the telemetry that show the 3° turn rate (labeled TRT in TacView)

Thanks

Screen_190110_181111.thumb.png.399d817ed857fb31d0ce0a1f1bc2fb70.png

F18 ADI Standard Rate Turn 2.trk

Tacview-20180701-204054-DCS-Dogfight.zip.acmi.zip

Author of Scratchpad, DATIS, and maintainer of DCS-gRPC.

• 1 month later...

I was learning how to fly a CASE III Marshal holding pattern today and first decided to test the Hornet's standard rate turn. So, I flew circles for awhile testing out the ADI and standby indicator for half standard and standard rate turns.

Standard rate turns, with the boxes aligned didn't result in a 2 minute, 360 degree turn like you said. They ended up being about 45 seconds too fast. However, half standard rate turns seemed to work good with the box centered below the gap, resulting in a pretty precise 4 minute, 360 turn. So that at least worked well for the Marshal holding pattern that uses a half standard rate turn.

Also, the ADI and standby boxes go in opposite directions.

• 2 weeks later...