Multiple cockpit cameras/views?

Diplocaulus

My apologies if this has been addressed before and/or is already available and I missed it, but having spent some time recently with Laminar Research's X-Plane 10 (a high-fidelity flight simulator with a focus on civilian aircraft), I've grown fond of an add-on, called X-Camera, that allows you to create multiple camera views both within and without the aircraft and bind these views to the keyboard and also make them available via a pop-up menu.

Especially helpful is the ability to create cockpit cameras trained on specific controls and gauges, allowing one to quickly locate items, especially in hard to see/hard to reach areas (if you're a perpetual noob like me you can spend ten minutes and longer trying to locate a single item in an unfamiliar cockpit while working through a checklist). And with so many fantastic aircraft available for DCS World, it's difficult, for me at least, to keep current with all the cockpits all the time.

Another plus that X-Plane's add-on offers is the ability to create animated walkarounds of your aircraft, allowing you not only to get a better sense of what you're flying but also to appreciate the tremendous workmanship that goes into modeling and texturing these beautiful aircraft.

Anything like this for DCS World?

Thanks.

Windows 10 64bit / Intel Core i7-5820K Haswell-E 6-Core 3.30 GHz / 32GB RAM / GeForce GTX 1080 8GB / Dell UltraSharp 27 QHD U2715H 2560x1440 / Saitek X52 Pro Flight System / TrackIR 5

Yes... like any other airsim in the market DCS has since Lock On... Snap Views

Look into manual for how to set them to personal taste or use the default ones. If you are somehow used to such things you can go directly to controls and you will find them in views categories.

For external view there are no save-able camera positions but preset ones. Usually F2 F3 F4 LCtrl+F4 etc. Combined with Padlock and external view zoom can make a million cool views.

Edited by zaelu
  • Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

• 3 years later...