Nevada Flight Info Pub (FLIP) by the 476 vFG

Snoopy

to my mind at least they are somewhat redundant from the start. If you're relying on coordinates and looking at a chart etc. then it's not a visual procedure.

I think the underlying situation here is that in Germany you simply cannot fly a VFR arrival or departure any way you want like you can do it in the States, due to severe noise restrictions at almost every airfield/airport/airbase over here. In fact, VFR traffic patterns and arrival/departure routes are very strictly defined by charts for General Aviation and Military Aviation, and every now and then pilots here get into trouble because residents complain claiming they did not adhere to the published VFR procedures. That's probably why the German Air Force has these Visual Operation Charts for every (military) aerodrome in Germany, whereas the USAF doesn't have them.

However, quite a few pilots over here also raise your point that constantly looking at a chart in fear of violating any procedure actually conflicts with the VFR see and avoid thing and therefore hampers flight safety in general.

Edited by Pilot Ike

However, quite a few pilots over here also raise your point that constantly looking at a chart in fear of violating any procedure actually conflicts with the VFR see and avoid thing and therefore hampers flight safety in general.

Indeed, and that's why charts for such procedures are not provided in the FLIPs. It's not that the procedures don't exist, they do, they just aren't charted procedures. You have to remember the procedures and any restrictions, using your memory.

Spoiler

Intel 13900K (5Ghz), 64Gb 6400Mhz, MSi RTX 3090, Schiit Modi/Magi DAC/AMP, ASUS PG43UQ, Hotas Warthog, RealSimulator FSSB3, 2x TM MFDs + DCS MFDs, MFG Crosswinds, Elgato Steamdeck XL

Nice work Eddie, Stay Safe and have a Bottle of Water on me!

Sierra Sends

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Primary Computer

ASUS Z390-P, i7-9700K CPU @ 5.0Ghz, 32GB Patriot Viper Steel DDR4 @ 3200Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce 1070 Ti AMP Extreme, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe drives (1Tb & 500 Gb), Windows 10 Professional, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Warthog Stick, Thrustmaster Cougar Throttle, Cougar MFDs x3, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals and TrackIR 5.

-={TAC}=-DCS Server

Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3, i7-3770K CPU @ 3.90GHz, 32GB G.SKILL Ripjaws DDR3 @ 1600Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce® GTX 970.

The visual depictions of VFR procedures are just there to help describe the procedure to pilots unfamiliar with it, and are part of the Nellis IFG, not any FLIP.

http: // http://www.vusaf.us/RFN14/resources/...e/RFN14IFG.pdf

Im not sure if this is a copy of an actual Redflag Inflight Guide or a well made knockoff but it has the additional information Eddie refers to such as VFR departures and Arrivals.

(I'm trying to get my hands on a genuine document...Nice to have friends who still fly outta Nellis)

Sierra

Edited by Sierra99

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Primary Computer

ASUS Z390-P, i7-9700K CPU @ 5.0Ghz, 32GB Patriot Viper Steel DDR4 @ 3200Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce 1070 Ti AMP Extreme, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe drives (1Tb & 500 Gb), Windows 10 Professional, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Warthog Stick, Thrustmaster Cougar Throttle, Cougar MFDs x3, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals and TrackIR 5.

-={TAC}=-DCS Server

Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3, i7-3770K CPU @ 3.90GHz, 32GB G.SKILL Ripjaws DDR3 @ 1600Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce® GTX 970.

http: // http://www.vusaf.us/RFN14/resources/...e/RFN14IFG.pdf

Im not sure if this is a copy of an actual Redflag Inflight Guide or a well made knockoff but it has the additional information Eddie refers to such as VFR departures and Arrivals.

(I'm trying to get my hands on a genuine document...Nice to have friends who still fly outta Nellis)

Sierra

That is the real IFG for 2014.

• 3 months later...

Thank-you, sir. That is much appreciated.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]WIN 10, i7 10700, 32GB DDR4, RTX 2080 Super, Crucial 1TB SSD, Samsung EVO 850 500GB SSD, TM Warthog with 10cm extension, TIR5, MFG Crosswind Pedals, Wheelstand Pro, LG 40" 4K TV, Razer Black Widow Ultimate KB[/size]

• 1 month later...

Nevada FLIP version 1.1 is now available with corrections specific to DCS Nevada. Link in post one is now live again.

http://www.476vfightergroup.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=405

Thanks to Dojo for making the necessary corrections before I put the package together!

• 7 months later...

thx for the update:book::thumbup:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] SMOKE'M:smoke: IF YA GOT'M!:gun_rifle:

H2o Cooler I7 9700k GA 390x MB Win 10 pro

Evga RTX 2070 8Gig DD5

32 Gig Corsair Vengence, 2T SSD.

TM.Warthog:joystick: :punk:, CV-1:matrix:,3x23" monitors, Tm MFD's, Saitek pro rudders wrapped up in 2 sheets of plywood:megalol: