3rd Party WWII content?

MACADEMIC

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just wish we had some FW-109's to shoot at. It's great flying the P-51 but we need a wild german to make this more fun :D

(HJ)

This will never happen. :smartass:

Windows 10 64bit, Intel i9-9900@5Ghz, 32 Gig RAM, MSI RTX 3080 TI, 2 TB SSD, 43" 2160p@1440p monitor.

:smilewink:

You really should share your knowledge about the "why" with Yo-Yo , so he can stop wasting his time collecting the data that is needed for putting other WW2 planes as opponents into DCS.

>>>Searching for Axis fighters wind tunnel data

Investigating the possibility of having a counterpart for P-51 in future I need help searching for the wind tunnel data of Bf-109 or FW-190 (or even Zero). I must say that it does not mean that the next flyable plane will be of these types smile.gif. It means that maybe an AI plane to shoot at will be added if we have good 3D model. But even an AI plane must fly at proper trajectory, mustn't it?

(...)

:smilewink:

You really should share your knowledge about the "why" with Yo-Yo , so he can stop wasting his time collecting the data that is needed for putting other WW2 planes as opponents into DCS.

>>>Searching for Axis fighters wind tunnel data

This is DCS! A fantasy plane like a FW-109 (mixture between FW-190 and BF-109) will not be implemented by ED. Or will it? :P

Windows 10 64bit, Intel i9-9900@5Ghz, 32 Gig RAM, MSI RTX 3080 TI, 2 TB SSD, 43" 2160p@1440p monitor.

I just wish we had some FW-109's to shoot at.(HJ)

I think tintifaxl was refering to the wild germans :)

Edit: Or maby the fun part ;)

I think tintifax was referring to the the FW 109 (ME + FW mixed pedigree) ... maybe we could also have some ME 190's :D

To the OP, I would love for DCS 3rd party devs to develop a WWII era. I think it would be spectacular and extremely popular.

Edited by Teapot

"A true 'sandbox flight sim' requires hi-fidelity flyable non-combat utility/support aircraft."

Wishlist Terrains - Bigger maps

Wishlist Modules - A variety of utility aircraft to better reflect the support role. E.g. Flying the Hornet ... big yawn ... flying a Caribou on a beer run to Singapore? Count me in. Extracting a Recon Patrol from a hastily prepared landing strip at a random 6 figure grid reference? Now yer talking!

They are listening :)

Man I really hope you are right! Again Ill say it here, they are literally sitting on a GOLD MINE!!! with a few advesary A/C and maybe a Normandy map, the community would filter in ED's door like a bathtub drain!! The other products, while still fun, lack the fidelity and just plain beauty of what DCS is putting out.

Id have no problem paying for a "Luftwaffe" pack that came with a new map. With this kind of detail, it is worth every penny to capture the little things that take this sim over the edge from fun to INTENSE!!!

I really like A-10 and the quality that went into it.

My decision to get P-51 will be directly related to having WWII content; missions, maps, aircraft. Available for it. Otherwise as cool as it looks I have to decline.

PS I would not mind paying for such extra content either.

Edited by SharpeXB

i9-14900KS | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO | 64GB DDR5 5600MHz | iCUE H150i Liquid CPU Cooler | 24GB GeForce RTX 4090 | Windows 11 Home | 2TB Samsung 980 PRO NVMe | Corsair RM1000x | LG 48GQ900-B 4K OLED Monitor | CH Fighterstick | Ch Pro Throttle | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR 5

I always thought the La5FN was a bit uber these screen shots prove it once and for all :)

So, do I read this correctly? There'll be a modder made La5FN? Will it be flyable?

My decision to get P-51 will be directly related to having WWII content; missions, maps, aircraft. Available for it. Otherwise as cool as it looks I have to decline.

Fair enough, I could imagine that many in the IL2 community have similar thoughts. I took a leap of faith and got it, my reasoning is if ED/Third Parties see plenty of interest/sales fresh content will be rolling in. The platform is certainly capable of that.

But have to say, even at the Beta stage, I have already got my money's worth. It's a lovely plane to learn about and fly.

MAC

I don't understand the logic. If you don't mind paying for *such extra content*, then why won't you pay for the Mustang, as I would presume that the development of further content depends largely on profitability indicators from P51 sales (among others). It seems such a pointless argument IMO.

"A true 'sandbox flight sim' requires hi-fidelity flyable non-combat utility/support aircraft."

Wishlist Terrains - Bigger maps

Wishlist Modules - A variety of utility aircraft to better reflect the support role. E.g. Flying the Hornet ... big yawn ... flying a Caribou on a beer run to Singapore? Count me in. Extracting a Recon Patrol from a hastily prepared landing strip at a random 6 figure grid reference? Now yer talking!

I don't understand the logic. If you don't mind paying for *such extra content*, then why won't you pay for the Mustang, as I would presume that the development of further content depends largely on profitability indicators from P51 sales (among others). It seems such a pointless argument IMO.

good point !.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

id rather be playing a modern sim paying homage to the warbird than stuck in ww2 with it. yet people dont see that as a fascinating aspect. warbirds in a non ww2 setting, its as equally as brilliant. and more importantly a more truer simulator for today. id rather be paying respects to these birds than suffering the 1940`s in a vain attempt at arguing past history lol. DCS is just not that way inclined thankfully. "study" sim remember !

hurry that new scenery up ! behind all these comments people are a bit tired of the scenery we presently fly in and are subconsciously demonstrating that.

Edited by Ali Fish

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]