3rd Party WWII content?

MACADEMIC

• ED Team
You're right about development list, hope it to be flyable. But simple? I understand the USA proud about Ponny, but I'm not from USA so I'm realistic and afaik a Butcherbird systems are way complex than 51.

What systems are more complex??? P-51 has hydraulics FW does not have at all. P-51 has all automatics to handle its engine, radiators, etc.

The only thing FW could be proud of is its Commandogerat that actually is not something extraordinary.

Edited by Yo-Yo

Ніщо так сильно не ранить мозок, як уламки скла від розбитих рожевих окулярів

There is nothing so hurtful for the brain as splinters of broken rose-coloured spectacles.

Ничто так сильно не ранит мозг, как осколки стекла от разбитых розовых очков (С) Me

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, may I be mistaken but I think Fw190 is a completely electrical machine, isn't it? From gear, to trims (automatic trims afaik). And Komandogerat is a very complex system managing all that you say in P-51 engine and more, so it's more complex although probably easier to fly because all that systems are pilot aids.

May be she's very complex from the aircraft construction point of view but it's very easy for you to code in sim, that's not my business so I don't know. But complex she's more complex as aircraft I think.

S!

"I went into the British Army believing that if you want peace you must prepare for war. I believe now that if you prepare for war, you get war."

-- Major-General Frederick B. Maurice

Yo-Yo, should we understand that you have been working on modeling the system? :smilewink:

Nice point, I was thinking the same when Yo-Yo said that so hoping he reveals something more :lol:.

S!

"I went into the British Army believing that if you want peace you must prepare for war. I believe now that if you prepare for war, you get war."

Yo-Yo, should we understand that you have been working on modeling the system? :smilewink:

you read my mind. I was thinking... wow it's sounds like the voice of a person deep in the development process. We can only sit & hope for the chance to compare these aircraft hands-on in the near future.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

[Dogs of War] WWII COMBAT SERVER | P-51D - FW190-D9 - Me109-K4

Visit Our Website & Forum to Get More Info & Team Speak Access

• ED Team
What systems are more complex??? P-51 has hydraulics FW does not have at all. P-51 has all automatics to handle its engine, radiators, etc.

The only thing FW could be proud of is its Commandogerat that actually is not something extraordinary.

Yeah, but it is an angrier looking plane than the P-51D :)

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

P-51 has hydraulics FW does not have at all.

To a certain degree you are right, because the Fw-190 was the first plane that had electric landing gear, flaps, trim tabs...

They call it fly-by-wire nowadays... ;)

Possibly because the constructor, Kurt Tank, was electrical engineer.

Benefits were the reduced weight and space requirements, as well as less sensitivity to gun fire.

I think both planes where ahead of their time.

Too bad that the engineers seems to have their best ideas in war time... :cry:

Actually, it's pointless to compare the "Pony" and the "Würger" technically.

The engineers each arrived at different conclusions.

That's all.

Well, if they look for wind tunnel info wings are exactly the same from A5 to D9, only changes are mass and balance. D9 probably is more different because the long nose. But I guess a P-51 quality 190 would need more than speculative data. If they are modelling her, whatever the version, they found what were looking for, in that case I hope her to be another piece of art :thumbup:.

S!