P-51D Server Bulletins

Merlin-27

I really hope pman go's for a second server for combat and sets it up like this as it's great

I had considered it but its the cost of it that perturbs me

I've done some Mustang A2G combat but not really looked at the A2A stuff till a flyable Fw190 is around :)

Pman

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Merlin's Combat Server Update:

I added a second page on the mission brief with a map and a little info. Should help locate some targets. Took me a few tries to figure out the optimal resolution for those files but it should look better now.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

[Dogs of War] WWII COMBAT SERVER | P-51D - FW190-D9 - Me109-K4

Visit Our Website & Forum to Get More Info & Team Speak Access

Well Merlin, managed to get myself killed by some enemy AI before I even knew he was there. Need to learn to scan the sky better (how lucky this is just a simulation...) :)

Thanks for setting this up, getting better and better!

MAC

Well Merlin, managed to get myself killed by some enemy AI before I even knew he was there. Need to learn to scan the sky better (how lucky this is just a simulation...) :)

Thanks for setting this up, getting better and better!

MAC

Watch out! They can be sneaky. The tricky part for me is to retain enough energy after evading to be able to climb vertical with him when he becomes the one running for his life. :) They love to climb till stall speed then just perfectly move the nose toward the ground for the energy reversal. I despise that feeling when you are out of energy, pointing straight up, engine is grumbling, the airframe is shaking and you see that AI bastard smiling as he flies by ready to tear you up again. However... it makes the kills you do get that much more satisfying.

EDIT: New special objective on the mission. Check it out.

Edited by Merlin-27

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Merlin's Combat Server Update:

Released a new version of the mission.

- 2 Blue secondary mission objectives.

- 1 Red secondary mission objective.

- Added briefing pages for both sides.

- Refined location of enemy AI and varied the skill levels.

- Changed unintentional F-14 AI flight to P-51D.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Disappointing. I was so looking forward to rolling my P-51 inverted for <10 seconds to flip that fellow the bird. ; )

Haha Classic. "Communicating. Keeping up foreign relations. You know.

Giving him the bird"

A fellow by the name of "Conquer" informed me he was chasing an F-14 one night. It reminded me of that movie Final Countdown! So, of course I also had to go chase the lovely Aluminum Cloud myself. Luckily he did not engage with missiles and was flying like Cougar after he had his mental breakdown. In the end I was happy to see two chutes deploy :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

To keep the dream alive I have continued tweaking the WWII Combat server. Please let me know if you run into any issues. I flew with a few people last night and it was a lot of fun. I'd really like to organize a specific time of the week to bring together some more flyers. Don't be deterred by the idea of human adversaries, there are plenty of AI targets and some side missions to complete as well. Of course, we deal with timezone challenges but this can be overcome with some planning. I have no idea when people typically fly though. I've seen people join the server at every possible hour and all days of the week.

I would like to hear any thoughts you guys have on the subject.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

After a good night of flying with a bunch of excellent pilots and some helpful feedback, I went ahead and made some changes to the server and the mission.

Please let me know what kinds of experiences you've had on the server and what we can do to make it better.

It was really great to see the intense aerial battles with everyone pushing the Stang to it's limits and I'm looking forward to more sessions like that.

1. Merlin's WWII Combat Server - River Raiders 7

2. Running now

3. 24/7

4. Full Realism Settings

5. Mission Type (A2A-Co, A2A-Vs, A2G-Co)

Server Info:

6 Client (Air Start) & 4 Client (Ground Start) positions per side plus many random FW-190 and P-51 AI scattered around to contend with.

Many are within trigger zones to keep things unpredictable to an extent. So, keep exploring the area between Beslan & Nalchik if you are looking for action.

Recent Changes:

- Reduced fuel load for air start aircraft.

- Added Ground start options.

- Eliminated all external views.

- Live map info is set to fog-of-war.

- Mission loading time improved by reducing files sizes.

A2G Mission Objectives:

(BLUE) Air support event at bridge crossing near Blue spawn point. Assist Blue forces east of the river in eliminating the red armor preventing the crossing.

(BLUE) Search & Destroy mission at the city of Terek. Cause person of interest to flee their hiding spot in the city and then destroy the escaping vehicle.

(RED) Find the captured radio installation in the mountain city of Zamankul. Disable the comms tower by destroying the operations tent below it.

more to come...

Edited by Merlin-27

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hard to find Guns Only Servers

For the P51 it is very hard to find a guns only server the way they are currently named. Many hosted servers have password only needed to get in them. This could really helps if a news thread was created for just the WW2 planes.

Edited by lbmoore
spelling correction, Bold type removal

For the P51 it is very hard to find a guns only server the way they are currently named. Many hosted servers have password only needed to get in them. This could really helps if a news thread was created for just the WW2 planes.

You are right, there are not many WWII servers up yet. That was a big reason for the creation of this thread. Come on by and try out my server when you can, it's guns only.

And you might want to remove the "bold" typeface on your posts. Gives the impression you are shouting at us :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Jumping into your server now. Maybe someone will show up. Is there a TS channel available?

--------------

Edit, you might want to reset your server. It is night time.

Edited by gavagai

P-51D | Fw 190D-9 | Bf 109K-4 | Spitfire Mk IX | P-47D | WW2 assets pack | F-86 | Mig-15 | Mig-21 | Mirage 2000C | A-10C II | F-5E | F-16 | F/A-18 | Ka-50 | Combined Arms | FC3 | Nevada | Normandy | Straight of Hormuz | Syria

• 2 weeks later...

Your server just went offline. Was it an intentional reset? I think a few of us got dumped, but it seems to be back up now.

P-51D | Fw 190D-9 | Bf 109K-4 | Spitfire Mk IX | P-47D | WW2 assets pack | F-86 | Mig-15 | Mig-21 | Mirage 2000C | A-10C II | F-5E | F-16 | F/A-18 | Ka-50 | Combined Arms | FC3 | Nevada | Normandy | Straight of Hormuz | Syria

Your server just went offline. Was it an intentional reset? I think a few of us got dumped, but it seems to be back up now.

Sorry about that. I saw it go Tango Uniform and then re-started the server. We also had a few hiccups last night while flying, I'll have to figure out what is triggering that crash.

There were some memorable moments over The River last night. A flyable 190 will really add a great feel to it. There's something amazing about a vertical fight with 7-8 aircraft nearby and smoke trails going every which way. Glad to see people flying and enjoying the server.

The combat server will be down until for a few days but I will bring it back up sometime Wednesday of next week. I'll be enjoying the scenery someplace tropical and far from any computer annoyances during a little wedding anniversary getaway. 8)

Cheers!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Awesome, have a good weekend!

Need someone to fly against now. hosting server name KellerSchutz

Password is peachy

One P-51D will be available as an opposing plane. no head on shooting please. labels are on and padlocking is enabled so you can get physical.

Once in pit, type ready on messages so I unpause. Waiting for you..

AWAITING ED NEW DAMAGE MODEL IMPLEMENTATION FOR WW2 BIRDS

Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.

Any takers?

AWAITING ED NEW DAMAGE MODEL IMPLEMENTATION FOR WW2 BIRDS

Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.

Kind of early still for flight simming. It's a nice day outside (sipping coffee in my back yard).:)

• Like 1

Merlin's WWII Combat Server is back up and online.

Good news!:thumbup:

I have done a little more editing to the River Raiders 7 mission. One important item: Be sure to download and install the fictional Bf109 skin for the P-51D. There has been some frustration telling friend from foe and we have to go this route until we get our FW190.

DOWNLOAD PAGE

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]