P-51D Server Bulletins

Merlin-27

Hey guys,

In an attempt to get the ball rolling with possible server solutions and a place for us all to call home for our beloved Mustang and the other thoroughbreds on their way to the stable, we wanted to create a flyers bulletin type thread. There are a bunch of us that want this to become more than a novelty item and would like to push towards a solid foothold where the WW2 community within the DCS family can settle in.

So, we had an initial pow-wow today and Mr. MACADEMIC came up with a suggestion to start a thread to basically give a heads up when individuals plan on hosting personal servers and such. Unfortunately, I've noticed there aren't too many us who can play all day every day so hopefully this can help a little towards organized sessions and foster some good camaraderie.

For example,

Today DAVID RED was kind enough to create a pretty awesome mission and host it on his machine. At 16:00 GMT we met up on FLYING LEGENDS (Great name by the way, David) and spent some time chatting and tearing around the landscape. I know personally, I've spent too much time punching that SEARCH button in MP looking for ANYTHING that says P-51 :megalol: So it will be good to know what's going on.

This is the infancy, but I do believe ED has opened Pandoras Box by offering WW2 aircraft and with the obvious scope of this project I think we all can help move it in the right direction. If this Bulletin Board concept exist somewhere else in the forum please let me know and we can go there.

-Merlin

/// PLEASE ADHERE TO THE "5-LINE" FORMATTING SHOWN BELOW WHEN POSTING ABOUT A SERVER:

1. Server Name (And IP address if available)

2. Scheduled Start Time (GMT) & Date (Wednesday 19 JUNE)

3. Estimated Duration (Hours)

4. Full Realism Settings (If otherwise, must be stated on this line)

5. Mission Type (A2G-Co, A2G-Vs, A2A-Co, A2A-Vs, Training, Mixed or All Mission types)

After this you can include other pertinent info about the server.

Edited by Merlin-27

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

[Dogs of War] WWII COMBAT SERVER | P-51D - FW190-D9 - Me109-K4

Visit Our Website & Forum to Get More Info & Team Speak Access

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice idea for combat servers.

If its formation work of general free flight bear in mind that the Virtual Aerobatics server is 64 slot, has its own ts and has 18 Mustangs to chose from :)

But for combat its a start :)

Pman

I think its a great idea and should be stickied.

AWAITING ED NEW DAMAGE MODEL IMPLEMENTATION FOR WW2 BIRDS

Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.

+1. After playing the provided campaign, the Mustang stayed in my hangar ever since then. A shame really!

Thats true, I dont think there are that many player made missions for it when I looked when I first got it

Nice idea for combat servers.

If its formation work of general free flight bear in mind that the Virtual Aerobatics server is 64 slot, has its own ts and has 18 Mustangs to chose from

But for combat its a start

I think it'd be fair to say that most of us are looking for a virtual combat experience in P-51D, rather than limiting ourselves to aerobatics and gen-av stuff. I understand that you aren't into virtual combat, but please understand that a great many of us are.

I think it'd be fair to say that most of us are looking for a virtual combat experience in P-51D, rather than limiting ourselves to aerobatics and gen-av stuff. I understand that you aren't into virtual combat, but please understand that a great many of us are.

Np with that, I even gave Merlin the details he would need to at least get started with a dedi if he needs it he knows where I am :)

Np with that, I even gave Merlin the details he would need to at least get started with a dedi if he needs it he knows where I am :)

Roger that. I do appreciate the info and your willingness to help us figure out what options we have as we continue down this road. We may not have a dedicated server right off but like you said, it's a start.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

hey Merlin hey Mac!great idea with the thread...i think it would be good to just update the opening post when the next event is announced by someone...

in my view this thread definitely deserves a sticky.

ok, so i will start again with my first announcement:

when:

from THURSDAY June 13th at 3pm, i will start to host a mission again, and will leave my machine running all day long.

where:

FLYING LEGENDS

what:

-both duel dogfights with airpsawns as well as cold starts

-co-op mode: fly together against the FW190

-alternating missions simulating a whole year with different weather conditions

-aerobatics,...well aerobatics are a given in air combat

everybody is welcome, from rookie to ace!

(i will update this very post with more details about the mission in the next two days)

• Like 1

Would a permanent TS Server be of any use

I have one running 24/7 Hosted ,Thats free to use for anyone intersted in using it for community Flights ,Training etc

If its a help i can post the server details etc

It would be of great use and would be much appreciated!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I have updated my 'Stang Bang mission (found here) and have been hosting it on my personal machine. I only have bandwidth for up to 4 (2 Mbps upload) though. Watch for the title tonight - i'll be hosting again.

ASUS Tuf Gaming Pro x570 / AMD Ryzen 7 5800X @ 3.8 / XFX Radeon 6900 XT / 64 GB DDR4 3200 

"This was not in the Manual I did not read", cried the Noob" - BMBM, WWIIOL

Any chance the realism/difficulty settings could be included in the postings? I'm only interested in max-realism servers, myself.

Yes, most definitely. I was assuming the majority on here were of the full realism sort but it would be good to know and is worth making the distinction. Also this is specifically for WW2 combat themed servers, which is exclusively the P-51D (with Axis AI of course) at this point but hopefully we can recruit some period correct adversaries to join the servers as well in the near future. :D Then, I think, this will start picking up some good traffic.

Let's establish a stardard "5-line" server posting from this point forward.

1. Server Name (And IP Address if Available)

2. Scheduled Start Time (GMT) & Date (Wednesday 19 JUNE)

3. Estimated Duration (Hours)

4. Full Realism Settings (If otherwise, must be stated on this line)

5. Mission Type (A2G-Co, A2G-Vs, A2A-Co, A2A-Vs, Training, Mixed or All Mission types)

You can then follow up with a description or pertinent info about your server.

Edited by Merlin-27

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The DCS Israel server that xcom setup is well setup to handle different P51 requirements (as well as all other planes). There's a freefly area where P51s spawn with no weapons, a dogfight area for player P51s versus a pair of AI FW190-D9s, a ground attack area and also a PVP for P51 vs P51 match-ups. Server settings seem to be full realism as far as I can see. Don't know what the ping would be like for non-Euro players but I'm in Ireland and it's usually about ~60 ping for me.