Huey wish list

ebabil

Axis dampening slider for Realistic (Sim) mode. Doesn't have to be much, just enough to give those of us with short throw/sensitive joysticks a fighting chance at flying pretty. :)

System: Core i9 10980XE @ 4.00GHz -- MB: X299 UD4 Pro -- 32GB RAM -- RTX4070ti -- 1TB Intel NVMe x2 -- Win10 pro

I would like to also see more animation and movement from the co pilot. (Flipping switch's, taping gauges, pointing at things etc...)

Co-pilot kinda freaks me out when I look at him. I expect him to go all Terminator and point a metallic finger probe through my cranium, or suddenly shiver violently and turn into Agent Smith.

Practice makes perfect.

Practice is coming along and I'm definitely getting better, but this is a wishlist -- and I wish I could add a little more dampening.

System: Core i9 10980XE @ 4.00GHz -- MB: X299 UD4 Pro -- 32GB RAM -- RTX4070ti -- 1TB Intel NVMe x2 -- Win10 pro

You can play in the game mode, that has more dampening.

Yeah, it does have a lot of dampening. Too much for my taste, actually. I ran it in Game mode for a good long session and it helped me get a feel for the chopper with less crash risk, but I went back to Realistic mode once I felt ready -- and because I couldn't stand the giant green "Lifemeter" or whatever the hell that annoying thing is in Game mode. I also made some breakthroughs with my controller, and now I'm fully enjoying Realistic mode. But if I could only add in a wee tiny bit of Dampening... somewhere in between the almost none in Realistic mode and the too-heavy dampening in Game mode, I'd be one happy dude.

Medevac/SAR version with fully operated door whinch and just more variety of weapons, including unarmed version (no empty supports that... mmmm do not look so beautiful as the simple M60s guns mounted on doors) and please, remove the forward M134 guns and place them together with the rockets pods as this was the most frequent placement in the NAM era.... Mmmm, a yeah..., NAM era scenery too :-P

Door gunner weapons with IR pointer laser. Similar to the BE Myers Izlid 200p or Izlid 1000p. All players with NVG gear on could see the pointer. As well as the door gunner could pinpoint targets while wearing NVG gear.

Thank you,

Monnie

Rack Rig: Rosewill RSV-L4000 | Koolance ERM-3K3UC | Xeon E5-1680 v2 @ 4.9ghz w/EK Monoblock | Asus Rampage IV Black Edition | 64GB 2133mhz | SLI TitanXP w/ EK Waterblocks | 2x Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB | Seasonic 1000w Titanium | Windows 10 Pro 64bit | TM Warthog HOTAS w/40cm Extension | MFG Crosswind Rudders | Obutto R3volution | HP Reverb

With the addition work of making the aircraft multi crew live players for mutiplayer. I would like to see the controls edited if possable. I personly would like the controls to be more douplicated. Instead of having the Pilot trimmer and then the co-pilot trimer. I would like this all be combined to one stick. And then depending on what side of the helicopter your flying on that is the only side the button is activated on. As it stands now. if you have all your controlls maped to the pilot side and your a co-pilot you can watch the pilot buttons being pushed while your in the second seat.

Jesse

Maybe it was.

Function for gunners inside of Huey as A.I. - "order to shooting for nearets enemy ground target if we open the left / right door ".

It will be very good option which allows take always firing for targets (not own trip between this two position).

Webmaster of http://www.yoyosims.pl

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Flipswitches in Cockpit should be useable as separat on / off bindings. I have quite some trouble binding on/off switches which are only represented by a single button press to the flipswitches on my HOTAS Warthog since i need to bring the physical switches to certain positions depending on the initial state of the in game switch at skmulatikn start.

My wishes:

1. Door gun shaking when firing. 2. Possibility to add external fuel tanks. 3. Active AI crew (firing when allowed to and warning when seeing a threat). 4. When co-pilot gun sight is lowered he should hold his hand on the sight grip instead of the stick. 5. Be able to choose Minigun in the side door positions.

Just wishes, no dire need as I am still learning and I think it's great fun and challenge to fly and operate.

And it would be awesome to have different mission types, like medevac, SAR, transporting stuff in a sling load and soldier drop off into hotzones.

Edited by Wackforce

Flipswitches in Cockpit should be useable as separat on / off bindings. I have quite some trouble binding on/off switches which are only represented by a single button press to the flipswitches on my HOTAS Warthog since i need to bring the physical switches to certain positions depending on the initial state of the in game switch at skmulatikn start.

To achieve this with the flip switches, you have to edit the .lua of the Warthog throttle. To configure a toggle function with an flip switch you have to insert "up" and "value_up":

{combos = {{key = "JOY_BTN20"}, }, down = 3014, up = 3014, cockpit_device_id = 7, value_down = 1, value_up = 1, name = "Anti Collision Light On/Off", category = "Ins Overhead panel"},

It doesn't solve the problem with the initial position at mission start, though.

Windows 10 64bit, Intel i9-9900@5Ghz, 32 Gig RAM, MSI RTX 3080 TI, 2 TB SSD, 43" 2160p@1440p monitor.

Just realized- how about crew chef could count us down as we are landing (I mean feet count us obviously)?

THAT would be too cool. Sometimes, I use F5 guilt-free to make up for not having a crew-chief hanging out the back spotting me.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

My little wish list:

-AI for door gunners that you can tell when to attack or stop.

-Better guns for door gunners, at least that can kill something more then people.

-Maybe a TGP module to help find targets for other aircraft and maybe even laser them. I know police choppers have a FLIR system hung in the front, maybe something like that.

-weather effects on the windshield. One map I fly in has rain but it doesn't restrict my view.

-Better Co-pilot AI. But this I mean do the job of a co-pilot. Call out altitudes and speed. Give me some info while I'm flying.

-Ability to remove door gunners and put in a rescue gerenies to be able to do medical transport.

-The ability to add and remove passengers and see them in the Huey. Would be nice to pick up units and drop them and have the map actually understand that (as oppose to just hiding or activating the units in triggers)

-Ability to hoist objects like jeeps or boxes.

-Ability to have pilot chew bubblegum during flight

-Handlebar mustache on pilot

-8-track player for cockpit.

-Chaff and Flare dispenser

Coder - Oculus Rift Guy - Court Jester

this 24 barrells rocket launcher would be cool

Bell_UH-1_with_rockets_and_minigun_turret.jpg

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

The only thing I really wish for is the XM26 TOW. After spending so long taking out Abrams and Lepards it's time to blow up some T72s.

Toad, Shark, Huey and Mi-8 driver.

27" iMac 3.4Ghz i7, 16GB DDR3, 2GB 680MX . Logitech G940 (modded), 2 x crappy Dell 1024x768 monitors for ShKval, ABRIS etc. TrackIR 3, Trackclip Pro.

Some sort of ambient combat module that creates a living world with randomly spawned units. I'm sure that's been said already. But nothing's worse than creating a mission for 3 hours that is an open world thing but it only lasts like one hour. I need my enjoyment. Or would that be more of ED's responsibility?

Also door gunner AI, and online players manning other stations in the whirlybird.

Oh, also the 40mm nose mounted grenade launcher. I see an option for it on the console. :)

Edited by Serp Supreme

This post is protected by a pilot who has a serious lack of negotiating skills, but is absolute hell in a dogfight. If you do not belong here, please leave.

You have now been properly negotiated with.

MiG-29S Instant Action Mission Fix

Come check out and add to my list of all landmarks in DCS World!

^that works now