DCE Campaigns - Page 8 - ED Forums
 


Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-15-2018, 01:49 PM   #71
71st_AH Rob
Member
 
71st_AH Rob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Canada
Posts: 537
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by falcon_120 View Post
Yeah it would be awesome, i always wanted to use more the f86, but the possibilities are so scarce that i have not flown more than 8 hours in total since it was released

Enviado desde mi SM-G950F mediante Tapatalk
I made three Sabre vs Mig-15 campaigns (Normandy, Caucuses and Nevada) but the Mig-15 damage model, AI model and Sabre gun sight and AI are so bad that it was just frustration. The Sabres would fly slow and low and line up like they were trying to launch an Aim-120 when all they had were guns and even if you had a Mid on fire it was still a viscous opponent. The Sabre did bomb targets well though and the Might was terrible at bombing but good at strafing.

I will look at them again with recent improvements and see if they are playable.

The other issue for some will be the requirement to use the WWII Assets Pack and a couple of other mods to make it viable. Similarly, my Mustang and Spitfire campaigns need the Assets Pack to be finished to make it worthwhile.
__________________
Georgian Spring Server: Join the Revolution!
http://georgianspring.enjin.com/

Training for Sabre Pilots
http://1-fighter-otu.enjin.com/

http://www.il2aceshigh.com/
71st_AH Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2018, 07:11 AM   #72
ikaruga
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Posts: 12
Default

I don't mind the french tutorial because I am french myself !

Is it the one I found on CheckSix ? If so, I took a quick look at it but haven't had time to practice yet.

Why are choppers campaigns not possible yet ?
ikaruga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2018, 07:01 PM   #73
cuervo111
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: London, UK
Posts: 130
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 71st_AH Rob View Post
I made three Sabre vs Mig-15 campaigns (Normandy, Caucuses and Nevada) but the Mig-15 damage model, AI model and Sabre gun sight and AI are so bad that it was just frustration. The Sabres would fly slow and low and line up like they were trying to launch an Aim-120 when all they had were guns and even if you had a Mid on fire it was still a viscous opponent. The Sabre did bomb targets well though and the Might was terrible at bombing but good at strafing.

I will look at them again with recent improvements and see if they are playable.

The other issue for some will be the requirement to use the WWII Assets Pack and a couple of other mods to make it viable. Similarly, my Mustang and Spitfire campaigns need the Assets Pack to be finished to make it worthwhile.
Oh I see. It'd be great to know if it looks better now
cuervo111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2018, 11:17 AM   #74
MrReynolds
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 138
Default

First of all, THANK YOU to all of the mission builders.
Without you the World of DCS would be frankly stagnent.

Now. I have VERY little knowledge of programming, but have a tiny request if at all possible.

I'm, like many of you deep into the systems and operations of aircraft. However, I really don't like starting my missions from the ramp.

Specifically I've been looking at FALCAW's campaign for the desert FA-18. In the ATO Flight plan scraipt there is this bit of code for take off and landing. I spotted this take off section:

**************************
--take off and landing
if flight[f].route[w].id == "Taxi" or flight[f].route[w].id == "Intercept" then
waypoints[w]["type"] = "TakeOffParking"
waypoints[w]["action"] = "From Parking Area"
waypoints[w]["airdromeId"] = flight[f].airdromeId

--if defined in camp, player flight starts with engines running
if flight[f].player == true and camp.hotstart then
waypoints[w]["action"] = "From Parking Area Hot"
waypoints[w]["type"] = "TakeOffParkingHot"
end
**************************


I saw that camps allow planes to take off hot, and tried swapping intercept to Fighter Sweep (as thats the first mission) and replace the takeoffparking to "hot". It doesn't seem to work ( unsurpisingly as I'm a dipstick)!

Is there a way to tweak a campaign (for personal solo use only) to allow starting for all aircraft hot?

I'm sure there are 100s of repurcussions for the mission, but though I would give it a go.
MrReynolds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2018, 09:27 PM   #75
PB0_CEF
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: ST DIZIER FRANCE
Posts: 418
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ikaruga View Post
I don't mind the french tutorial because I am french myself !

Is it the one I found on CheckSix ? If so, I took a quick look at it but haven't had time to practice yet.

Why are choppers campaigns not possible yet ?

Yes it is


Mbot wrote that shoppers were not yet able to be used as main air forces... He is working on it but I don't know when it will be available. I tryed to make one little test campaign in Caucasus for Gazelle but it didn't work : a problem with waypoints it seemed
PB0_CEF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2018, 06:27 PM   #76
alien41
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Posts: 4
Default

Hello

Any possibility of adapting these campaigns to the AV8B?

I tried to edit the missions with the game editor using the desert tiger campaign, but it seems to do that, break the AI, it does not obey the commands and do not attack the targets on the ground. Quite strange.
alien41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2018, 09:16 AM   #77
PB0_CEF
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: ST DIZIER FRANCE
Posts: 418
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by alien41 View Post
Hello

Any possibility of adapting these campaigns to the AV8B?

I tried to edit the missions with the game editor using the desert tiger campaign, but it seems to do that, break the AI, it does not obey the commands and do not attack the targets on the ground. Quite strange.

I wanted to make an AV8B DCE campaign but there a bug with AI AV8B : they can't take off from runway if there are too loaded because they try vertical take off !!!
One solution would be to take really small amount of fuel and to refuel inflight but it's too complicated I think
I'm waiting for ED update to fix this bug...
PB0_CEF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2018, 09:18 AM   #78
PB0_CEF
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: ST DIZIER FRANCE
Posts: 418
Default

Desert Warthog 06 campaign update wih last Mbot DCE version (after december 2017) and reunified DCS World OpenBeta...
PB0_CEF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2018, 05:17 PM   #79
PB0_CEF
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: ST DIZIER FRANCE
Posts: 418
Default

Added new Mirage over Persian Gulf Campaign
PB0_CEF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2018, 05:49 PM   #80
alien41
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Posts: 4
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PB0_CEF View Post
I wanted to make an AV8B DCE campaign but there a bug with AI AV8B : they can't take off from runway if there are too loaded because they try vertical take off !!!
One solution would be to take really small amount of fuel and to refuel inflight but it's too complicated I think
I'm waiting for ED update to fix this bug...
Yes this bug exists if you start the mission on the ramp. Putting straight into the taxi, the AI ​​takes off in the usual way.
alien41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

All times are GMT. The time now is 02:37 AM. vBulletin Skin by ForumMonkeys. Powered by vBulletin®.
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.