Notices

Old 07-26-2014, 05:01 AM   #1
EvilBivol-1
Belsimtek/TFC Associate

Send a message via MSN to EvilBivol-1
Post Tips and Hints

We'll begin with a few tips and hints from the DCS Sabre producer:

Quote:
1. After starting the engine, don't forget to contact the ground crew and request to turn off ground electrical power. Otherwise you'll hear back from the surprised ground crew as you roll out to taxi with the "cables" plugged in.

2. If starting from the ramp, trim the controls for take-off prior to starting the take-off roll. The Take-off Trim lamp on the instrument panel will briefly light when the take-off trim setting is set. Take-off trim is accomplished with the ailerons and rudder neutral, and the elevators set for slight nose-up action. Setting take-off trim helps to ease aircraft control after take-off.

3. A warning horn is heard in the cockpit when reducing throttle to Idle with the landing gear retracted. If Idle throttle setting is intended, you can silence the horn by pressing the Horn Cut Out Button on the left forward console.

4. The canopy cannot be opened at airspeeds beyond 215 knots, the pressurization system prevents this. If flying faster than 215 knots with the canopy switch set to OPEN, the canopy will open once airspeed drops below 215 knots and fly off the fuselage. The canopy can be opened safely below 160-170 knots.

5. Use the aircraft/cockpit shake as an indication of maximum G/AoA when maneuvering. When the vibrations occur, slightly reduce stick pull to prevent stalling as airspeed continues to drop.

6. Overstress/Over-G (possible above 300 knots) can cause accumulating structural deformation of the wings. This can lead to uncontrolled rolling and pitching action. If we obtain confirmed data on breaking wings on a Sabre, we'll add this feature in a patch.

7. A number of nasty surprises are present when flying at maximum airspeed: negative pitching moment, uncommanded roll, inability to maintain a sustained roll (especially when G loaded). To actively maneuver at maximum airspeeds, make sure you have a safe altitude margin, utilize the speed brake, climb to bleed off excess airspeed, and reduce engine power.

8. Use the speed brake to decelerate.

9. Reaching the aircraft's service ceiling of 52,000 feet is a tedious task that takes approximately 25 minutes. However altitudes of 40,000 - 45,000 feet can be reached in 8 -12 minutes. Still, doing so requires maintaining a speed/climb schedule or risking running out of energy and stalling.

10. Always trade altitude for speed (especially in combat!).

11. Maintain safe approach speeds when landing taking into account the aircraft's weight. Do not allow the airspeed to fall below recommended limits. If the airspeed does fall too low and a stall is approaching, do not attempt to chase the runway to "save" the landing, instead abort the approach, increase engine power, retract the gear and flaps and go around for another attempt.

12. Use the wheel brakes early to make sure you have a controlled landing roll and avoid panicked braking at the end of the runway.

Nothing is easy. Everything takes much longer.
The Parable of Jane's A-10
Forum Rules

Last edited by EvilBivol-1; 07-26-2014 at 11:04 AM.
EvilBivol-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2014, 05:05 AM   #2
uboats
ED Tester / ED Moderator

When I asked the tower for taxi (Batumi), no response, even when set the freq to 131Hz on right panel. And after taking-off, \ didn't give a comm menu

My DCS Mods, Skins, Utilities and Scripts

| Windows 10 | i7-4790K | GTX 980Ti Hybrid | 32GB RAM | 2TB SSD + 1TB HDD |
| TM Warthog Stick | CH Pro Throttle + Pro Pedal | TIR5 Pro | TM MFD Cougar | Gun Camera: PrtScn |
uboats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2014, 05:33 AM   #3
Maico249th

Thumbs up

Thank you! This is very appreciated.
Maico249th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2014, 05:45 AM   #4
Kayos

I haven't got ATC to respond either.
Is there no Afterburner on the F-86F?
I can see the Afterburner on all the other planes in DCS but not for the F-86F when I am at full throttle.
Kayos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2014, 06:07 AM   #5
Mirtma

Quote:
Originally Posted by uboats View Post
When I asked the tower for taxi (Batumi), no response, even when set the freq to 131Hz on right panel. And after taking-off, \ didn't give a comm menu
How do you operate radio on right panel?

MiG-15bis | MiG-21bis | Bf 109 K-4 Kurfürst | F-86F Sabre | Fw 190 D–9 Dora | Spitfire LF Mk. IX | Mi-8MTV2 Magnificent Eight | UH-1H Huey | A-10C | Flaming Cliffs (1, 2) 3
CA | P-51D Mustang | Ka-50 Black Shark (1) 2 | L-39 Albatros | Mirage 2000 | F-5e Tiger II | AJS37 Viggen | AV-8B N/A | F/A-18C Hornet | SA342 Gazelle

MSI Z87-G43 | i5 4670K@3400 | 16 Gb DDR3 @ 1866Mhz | Gigabyte GFX 1060 G1 6GB, | SAMSUNG SM 2433BW 24" @ 1920 x 1200 Windows 10 64 bit Pro | X-55 | TrackIR 5 Pro

Mirtma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2014, 06:43 AM   #6
Sceptre

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilBivol-1 View Post
We'll begin with a few tips and hints from the DCS Sabre producer himself (*cough* MiG-31 driver *cough*):
That's awesome, who is the producer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayos View Post
I haven't got ATC to respond either.
Is there no Afterburner on the F-86F?
I can see the Afterburner on all the other planes in DCS but not for the F-86F when I am at full throttle.
It has no afterburner.

Last edited by Sceptre; 07-26-2014 at 06:46 AM.
Sceptre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2014, 08:05 AM   #7
Skulleader

Quote:
Uboats,
Yes everything is OK,
With your F-86 you have many frequences pre-register, when you create one mission you must add all the frequences that you want in the Mission Editor.

In your Mission Editor you must click on Batumi airfield you can read three frequences as: 131.00 / 40.40 / 260.00.
In your ME you must enter 260.00 in the radio tab and like this when you're inside you cockpit you want call with the ATC (in ground or in flight) but you must choose the good frequence for Batumi: 260.00

Exemple:
Kutaisi: 134.00 / 41.00 / 263.00
Kolkhi: 132 / 40.60 / 261.00
Batumi: 131.00 / 40.40 / 260.00

If you cannot found this radio or frequence tab I can send you one screenshot...
I hope that my explanations are clear.

EvilBivol-1,
A great thanks for your tips and hits, it's very perfect.

Bye, Skull.
Skulleader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2014, 08:53 AM   #8
uboats
ED Tester / ED Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skulleader View Post
Uboats,
Yes everything is OK,
With your F-86 you have many frequences pre-register, when you create one mission you must add all the frequences that you want in the Mission Editor.

In your Mission Editor you must click on Batumi airfield you can read three frequences as: 131.00 / 40.40 / 260.00.
In your ME you must enter 260.00 in the radio tab and like this when you're inside you cockpit you want call with the ATC (in ground or in flight) but you must choose the good frequence for Batumi: 260.00

Exemple:
Kutaisi: 134.00 / 41.00 / 263.00
Kolkhi: 132 / 40.60 / 261.00
Batumi: 131.00 / 40.40 / 260.00

If you cannot found this radio or frequence tab I can send you one screenshot...
I hope that my explanations are clear.

EvilBivol-1,
A great thanks for your tips and hits, it's very perfect.

Bye, Skull.
Thanks Skull for the details
So I just put all needed freq into the channel list in radio tab right?
Then in the game, I do not need to tune the freq, but switch to the corresponding channel?

| TM Warthog Stick | CH Pro Throttle + Pro Pedal | TIR5 Pro | TM MFD Cougar | Gun Camera: PrtScn |

Last edited by uboats; 07-26-2014 at 08:57 AM.
Old 07-26-2014, 08:58 AM   #9
uboats
ED Tester / ED Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirtma View Post
How do you operate radio on right panel?
first choose proper freq range, then beside the range indicator, there is a tune knob for accurate freq. Or just follow Skull's

Old 07-26-2014, 09:30 AM   #10
billeinstein
ED Translator / Moderator

Send a message via MSN to billeinstein

Quote:
2. If starting from the ramp, trim the controls for take-off prior to starting the take-off roll. The Take-off Trim lamp on the instrument panel will briefly light when the take-off trim setting is set. Take-off trim is accomplished with the ailerons and rudder neutral, and the elevators set for slight nose-down action. Setting take-off trim helps to ease aircraft control after take-off.
Nose down trim for take off?
billeinstein is offline   Reply With Quote