PAC2 doesn't work.

dporter22

Can't get PAC2 to work. EAC is on, SAS is on, Gun/PAC is on, speedbrake is off, PAC1 is engaged, but when I pull the trigger the nose pitches up several degrees and all the rounds miss.

The manual says PAC2 engages automatically when the gun is fired but mine doesn't. Using CH Fighterstick. Have searched the forums.

What am I doing wrong?

Have you tried with the keyboard commands (P/Space) to see if they work?

Probably an obvious point, but the PAC-1 key is being held down and not just pressed once? (assuming the CH Fighterstick isn't a dual-stage trigger, no idea myself)

- i7-7700k

- 32GB DDR4 2400Mhz

- GTX 1080 8GB

- Installed on SSD

- TM Warthog

DCS Modules - A-10C; M-2000C; AV8B; F/A-18C; Ka-50; FC-3; UH-1H; F-5E; Mi-8; F-14; Persian Gulf; NTTR

I don't have a video, but if I did it would just show what I described. There's a you tube video called DCS A-10 PAC - no PAC; his no PAC is what mine does with PAC. Everything is set correctly afaik, but the nose pitches up when the gun fires.

Same thing happens when I don't engage PAC1, or turn off SAS, or switch to Gun instead of Gun/PAC, or any combination thereof.

I don't have a video, but if I did it would just show what I described. There's a you tube video called DCS A-10 PAC - no PAC; his no PAC is what mine does with PAC. Everything is set correctly afaik, but the nose pitches up when the gun fires.

Same thing happens when I don't engage PAC1, or turn off SAS, or switch to Gun instead of Gun/PAC, or any combination thereof.

Please play a mission, save a track afterwards and upload it to this thread. You don't have to create a video. Without your track we can't judge what happened.

i9 9900K @ 5,0GHz | 1080GTX | 32GB RAM | 256GB, 512GB & 1TB Samsung SSDs | TIR5 w/ Track Clip | Virpil T-50 Stick with extension + Warthog Throttle | MFG Crosswind pedals | Gametrix 908 Jetseat

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Have you tried with the keyboard commands (P/Space) to see if they work?

Probably an obvious point, but the PAC-1 key is being held down and not just pressed once? (assuming the CH Fighterstick isn't a dual-stage trigger, no idea myself)

Yes, have tried the keyboard. Same pitch up.

Fighterstick trigger is not dual stage, so PAC1 is engaged with a button, is correctly indicated on the HUD, and is actively holding the pipper on the target when I fire the gun. As soon as I pull the trigger the nose pitches up.

The trigger is assigned correctly in the control settings afaik since the gun fires, but there is no PAC2 activation.

It's particularly odd that it also happens with the keyboard commands.. technically you shouldn't even need PAC-1, it would stabilize and fire PAC-2 just with the Space key.

I found this https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=74116 (even if it is a bit old now) so was thinking it may have something to do with the CH stick. You'd need to get another CH user to confirm that, though.

But we'd really need to see a video track... you might think it's going to show us nothing, but you never know.

Is this coming from a cold start?

- i7-7700k

- 32GB DDR4 2400Mhz

- GTX 1080 8GB

- Installed on SSD

- TM Warthog

DCS Modules - A-10C; M-2000C; AV8B; F/A-18C; Ka-50; FC-3; UH-1H; F-5E; Mi-8; F-14; Persian Gulf; NTTR

It's particularly odd that it also happens with the keyboard commands.. technically you shouldn't even need PAC-1, it would stabilize and fire PAC-2 just with the Space key.

I found this https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=74116 (even if it is a bit old now) so was thinking it may have something to do with the CH stick. You'd need to get another CH user to confirm that, though.

But we'd really need to see a video track... you might think it's going to show us nothing, but you never know.

Is this coming from a cold start?

Ok, will try to post a track after work today.

Yes, I read that post also but didn't understand why you would need a script to the NWS button for a function that the manual says is automatic with trigger pull. And there is no assignment for PAC2 in the controls manager, it just has Fire Gun assigned to the trigger.

Ok, will try to post a track after work today.

Yes, I read that post also but didn't understand why you would need a script to the NWS button for a function that the manual says is automatic with trigger pull. And there is no assignment for PAC2 in the controls manager, it just has Fire Gun assigned to the trigger.

The manual assumes everyone has a dual-stage trigger like the Warthog, so I wouldn't pay much attention to the exact wording when you have different equipment.

There are 2 assignments - 'Gun trigger' - being PAC-2 when PAC is enabled; and 'Gun trigger (first stage)' being PAC-1. There isn't a 'Fire Gun' binding though.

But yeah... I have no idea what's happening to be honest. Problems are always possible with stick bindings, but it shouldn't happen with the keyboard commands.

- i7-7700k

- 32GB DDR4 2400Mhz

- GTX 1080 8GB

- Installed on SSD

- TM Warthog

The manual assumes everyone has a dual-stage trigger like the Warthog, so I wouldn't pay much attention to the exact wording when you have different equipment.

There are 2 assignments - 'Gun trigger' - being PAC-2 when PAC is enabled; and 'Gun trigger (first stage)' being PAC-1. There isn't a 'Fire Gun' binding though.

But yeah... I have no idea what's happening to be honest. Problems are always possible with stick bindings, but it shouldn't happen with the keyboard commands.

I use the CH Fighterstick. I have the trigger assigned to "gun trigger' (PAC-2) and it works just fine. I have PAC-1 assigned to a hat switch on my throttle.

You need to be trimmed for the PAC 2 to engage.

If you are doing the run and you are applying any force to the stick, the PAC won't engage and then it will happen as you said.

I will recommend you the same some other forumites told me months ago. Pick the "sitting ducks" mission with the Hog and train your gun runs.

Once you train yourself with the proper timings, diving angle and trim, everything will go smoothly.

Then when you have enough training on gun runs, you can start "forcing" the envelope and train pot shots (fast trimming while turning so you are trimmed when the pipper is on target, fire and leave)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I was trimmed, so the only thing I can think of was that maybe the speedbrake wasn't 100% closed.

Even with PAC2 working I still can't finish the included campaign though. In the mission where you have to destroy all the vehicles in the village (mission 13 or 14 I think), after I've done so and landed it never says the mission is complete.