How do admins handle process restarting in multiple DCS instances?

Hi folks,

We have four instances running on dedicated on one box. we start the instances with a batch file calling each in turn like;

START "Server1" "D:\DCS World OpenBeta Server\bin\DCS.exe" --server --norender --webgui -w server1

START "Server2" "D:\DCS World OpenBeta Server\bin\DCS.exe" --server --norender --webgui -w server2

Normally with one instance you can use a process manager and simply call the line again. With multiples the process ID has to be managed.

My question is, can I avoid writing a long autoit script because someone has written something before that handles matching the arguments of the commandline to the pID of the process? What do people out there use?

Thanks for any useful comments. The scenario is one of the DCS instances crashed and I have to automate its restart wrt the specific arguments of the process call, so I need to match the instance to the args to the PID.

SIMPLE SCENERY SAVING * SIMPLE GROUP SAVING * SIMPLE STATIC SAVING *

if it's any help, when I analysed this over lunch, WMI returns the commandline with which the Dedicated server is run, which is more important because it's the only known descriptor of a process that stays the same.

(It's blank for normal DCS client in case you test that way)

I think i'll have a go at a gui that handles multiple DCS server instances, sets their affinity and restarts them when not running. Seems odd that no one did a better attempt in C++ already, i'm sure they have.

SIMPLE SCENERY SAVING * SIMPLE GROUP SAVING * SIMPLE STATIC SAVING *

Here are the scripts I wrote (based on some other scripts I found, cannot remember where) and that we use to control 2 DCS servers and a SCD-SRS server.

You must use an icon with the following command to run one of the script (adapt to the others) :

C:\Windows\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\powershell.exe -ExecutionPolicy Bypass -File C:\Users\veaf\watchdog_public_server.ps1

watchdog_public_server.zip

Zip - VEAF :pilotfly:

If you want to learn, talk and fly with french-speaking friends, the Virtual European Air Force is here for you ! Meet us on our Discord and our forum

If you're a mission creator, you may want to check the VEAF Mission Creation Tools (and its GitHub repository) a set of open-source scripts and tools that make creating a dynamic mission a breeze !

• 1 year later...