AMRAAM Chaff Bug

dundun92

it is impossible to programme real world correctly

But it is possible to do better than they've done. Again, watch the tacview at the end of the first video. It is incontravertible.

P-51D | Fw 190D-9 | Bf 109K-4 | Spitfire Mk IX | P-47D | WW2 assets pack | F-86 | Mig-15 | Mig-21 | Mirage 2000C | A-10C II | F-5E | F-16 | F/A-18 | Ka-50 | Combined Arms | FC3 | Nevada | Normandy | Straight of Hormuz | Syria

Yea rarely fly against FC3 aircraft in our pvp server re point and shoot. way to easy and my request to make them harder is born out of a desire not to have it easy. Rare to see the FC3 aircraft going up unless we have a new player etc, most migrate onto the JF17 re redfor

Slightly OT, but:

Not sure I understand what your point exactly is..

So are FC3 aircraft too easy as in too easy to shoot down in your opinion? Don't agree, highly depends who is flying them. I've met some very capable operators in FC3 Aircraft and also some not impressive ones in full blown modules.Nothing to do with the actual aircraft.

Also at least the F-15 is still a very credible BVR threat.Within visual range the russian line up is not too shabby either ,except for the frogfoot of course.

If you meant it the other way around, as in FC3 are to easy to fly or are point&shoot.

Hmmm whats the difference to getting in my F-14/18/16/ Mirage whatever and hitting the next ACM radar mode on my HOTAS and off I go? Its not like you need to do a super complicated system set up first , likely the reason most modern fighter have some sort of dogfight quick mode or another to avoid that.

Most of the FC3 aircraft also have a PFM by now as well, so they' re not game-ier/ easier to fly.

Just curious what you meant exactly.

Regards,

Snappy

Most of the FC3 aircraft also have a PFM by now as well, so they' re not game-ier/ easier to fly.

Except for the F-15, which has no structural g-limit. It can do 12+ g break turns all day long without consequence.

P-51D | Fw 190D-9 | Bf 109K-4 | Spitfire Mk IX | P-47D | WW2 assets pack | F-86 | Mig-15 | Mig-21 | Mirage 2000C | A-10C II | F-5E | F-16 | F/A-18 | Ka-50 | Combined Arms | FC3 | Nevada | Normandy | Straight of Hormuz | Syria

Except for the F-15, which has no structural g-limit. It can do 12+ g break turns all day long without consequence.

...being nitpicky but that has nothing to do with the FM. You could do the same in the F-18 before they added the over-G modeling. Its the DM that needs upgrading. I just dont think ED thinks its very high priority tbh. But this is all super OT :lol:

Eagle Enthusiast, Fresco Fan. Patiently waiting for the F-15E. Clicky F-15C when?

HP Z400 Workstation

Intel Xeon W3680 (i7-980X) OC'd to 4.0 GHz, EVGA GTX 1060 6GB SSC Gaming, 24 GB DDR3 RAM, 500GB Crucial MX500 SSD. Thrustmaster T16000M FCS HOTAS, DIY opentrack head-tracking. I upload DCS videos here https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0-7L3Z5nJ-QUX5M7Dh1pGg

Slightly OT, but:

Not sure I understand what your point exactly is..

So are FC3 aircraft too easy as in too easy to shoot down in your opinion? Don't agree, highly depends who is flying them. I've met some very capable operators in FC3 Aircraft and also some not impressive ones in full blown modules.Nothing to do with the actual aircraft.

Also at least the F-15 is still a very credible BVR threat.Within visual range the russian line up is not too shabby either ,except for the frogfoot of course.

If you meant it the other way around, as in FC3 are to easy to fly or are point&shoot.

Hmmm whats the difference to getting in my F-14/18/16/ Mirage whatever and hitting the next ACM radar mode on my HOTAS and off I go? Its not like you need to do a super complicated system set up first , likely the reason most modern fighter have some sort of dogfight quick mode or another to avoid that.

Just curious what you meant exactly.

Regards,

Snappy

Hey Snappy, both. As in super easy to operate, no challenge, easy flight models, easy to meta play. As i say on our server you mainly see new players going up in them, or people seeking to exploit the attributes. It's all to point and shoot, questionably over accurate rapid radar pictures, god like datalink etc. Perhaps i'm being harsh given been playing with the flanker on and off for over 20 years.

Also easy to kill the flankers out in the open since the 120 improved guidance/range combined with TWS coming into the game on the 16/18 in the last year. Hence i would suggest given the numerous contributions on the russian forums complaining of countermeasure resistance i would hypothesize that's what has brought the change, reading between the lines. The FC3 players wanted to reduce the probability of them being shot down.

As for PFM, they do not compare to the fidelity of the FF modules so i'd take that with a large grain of salt. Systems wise obviously they are massively simplified, take IFF or lack of it for example. Also being honest let's take the F15 as you mention it, its highly credible because of its ridiculously high G ability which can out turn any missile, its super easy to close on targets if exploited correctly its almost a cheat mode. its radar well that's another discussion, as i said we look on it as meta play to be honest.

As for snap hotas dogfight modes, yep but you have to know more than 3 keybinds to get their in the first place. I really do not want to get embroiled in a FF/FC3 debate, i have no interest in the subject, but its sufficient to say that at least the FF modules require some minimal study and practice.

Whilst we don't really use the FC3 aircraft the 120 getting toned down with chaff resistance affects the gameplay on 18vs16/JF17's, 16v's JF17's, 14's vs18's etc. Not really bothered about FC3 its the knock on effect for those wanting to employ BVR tactics correctly (and i don't mean airquake) combined with Strike and SEAD/DEAD packages.

At the end of the day i say have fun, that's what matters, whilst its sold as a simulation many elements of it are purely what it is, a game. That said we shouldn't be looking at balancing gameplay all because certain sectors of the community are unhappy, that is a slippery slope, the one thing that draw's many is that it is an approximation.

I see many comments on here, some from avid flanker fans, everyone is entitled to their own opinion. I just hope one day we get a full fidelity Flanker as for the more serious servers the FC3 aircraft will then no doubt be completely removed from redfor.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DCS & BMS

F14B | AV-8B | F15E | F18C | F16C | F5 | F86 | A10C | JF17 | Viggen |Mirage 2000 | F1 |  L-39 | C101 | Mig15 | Mig21 | Mig29 | SU27 | SU33 | F15C | AH64 | MI8 | Mi24 | Huey | KA50 | Gazelle | P47 | P51 | BF109 | FW190A/D | Spitfire | Mossie | CA | Persian Gulf | Nevada | Normandy | Channel | Syria | South Atlantic | Sinai 

Liquid Cooled ROG 690 13700K @ 5.9Ghz | RTX3090 FTW Ultra | 64GB DDR4 3600 MHz | 2x2TB SSD m2 Samsung 980/990 | Pimax Crystal/Reverb G2 | MFG Crosswinds | Virpil T50/CM3 | Winwing & Cougar MFD's | Buddyfox UFC | Winwing TOP & CP | Jetseat

Ps sorry i had already hit reply, went to make a drink, came back and finished then posted. 2 other replies in between that i hadn't read as in the message posting screen, but to note not only me that has picked up on the 15.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DCS & BMS

F14B | AV-8B | F15E | F18C | F16C | F5 | F86 | A10C | JF17 | Viggen |Mirage 2000 | F1 |  L-39 | C101 | Mig15 | Mig21 | Mig29 | SU27 | SU33 | F15C | AH64 | MI8 | Mi24 | Huey | KA50 | Gazelle | P47 | P51 | BF109 | FW190A/D | Spitfire | Mossie | CA | Persian Gulf | Nevada | Normandy | Channel | Syria | South Atlantic | Sinai 

Liquid Cooled ROG 690 13700K @ 5.9Ghz | RTX3090 FTW Ultra | 64GB DDR4 3600 MHz | 2x2TB SSD m2 Samsung 980/990 | Pimax Crystal/Reverb G2 | MFG Crosswinds | Virpil T50/CM3 | Winwing & Cougar MFD's | Buddyfox UFC | Winwing TOP & CP | Jetseat

If only it only pulled 12g .....exceeds that.

DCS & BMS

Hawkeye,

OK I now understand what you mean, thanks for explaining !

Don't necessarily agree with all points , but as you said, there 's probably little use in a full blown FFvs FC3 debate. Both have their high and low points.

Thanks again and have a good day,

Regards,

Snappy