ADMIRAL189'S CORNER - INCOMING SHIP MODELS

Go to solution Solved by ivan-ivanov-1902,

Hello Admiral,

I steel have problems with the last version of USS San Antonio.

If I place an AV-8B in takeoff position on the USS San Antonio, it seems to float above the flight deck.

Screen_201125_073202.png.6d314235935c273755a3ef9a7fd151dd.png

Same phenomenom with a Rafale ;

Screen_201125_073521.png.c3a21fa5351342e887b57879a89c43ca.png

The first version of USS San Antonio (9.30.2020) work fine on this point.

As Harry Potter would say : Wingardium Leviosa

Marroux

Screen_201125_073521.png.c57f04e40e77e0a8858c86794902bc11.png

Gents I have corrected the static object placement issue for the flightdeck. The updated version is on page 1. Please backup your original files and replace them with ones included in the update. I have added San Antonio's Call Sign Flags as well.

Hello Admiral,

I installed the update, but the result is still the same : the Harrier is levitating above the bridge.

The Harrier's landing on the USS Oak Hill was trouble-free. It's one of my favorite maneuvers.

Screen_201127_150812.png.eef6c0dffbaf56e514dbe944e8f9d074.png

Screen_201114_114702.png.cd082380d62cc93f743b05d285c2bc70.png

Sounds like i need to become a flier so i can test this. lol!! I will look at Oaks code to see if i'm missing something and attempt to test it myself. The only difference between the two models is the model itself. I always create models the same way.. However, San Antonio seems to have all kind of bugs.

• 3 weeks later...

I've got an honest question for ya: What is the file format and process to get these ships from 3DS Max (which I'm assuming is what you're using), to the game? Cuz me and another are working on some Scandinavian toys we're wanting to add to the game.

Edited by Tank50us

4 hours ago, Tank50us said:

I've got an honest question for ya: What is the file format and process to get these ships from 3DS Max (which I'm assuming is what you're using), to the game? Cuz me and another are working on some Scandinavian toys we're wanting to add to the game.

ftp://srv0files.eagle.ru/mods/edm_plugins/

The .EDM plugins

Edited by joey45

The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance.

"Me, the 13th Duke of Wybourne, here on the ED forums at 3 'o' clock in the morning, with my reputation. Are they mad.."

https://ko-fi.com/joey45

I look forward to seeing it in action!
DCS badly needs ships that are less lethal to planes, like the above Tarantul class, ships that don't require planes to carry Harpoons to attack them with.

Thanks!

Edited by Linx
  • Like 1

I'm testing out the missiles now. So far so good. Just trying to find the right non Harpoon anti-ship missile. Should be done soon!Missile Fire II.jpg

Missile Fire.jpg

Linx, i'm honestly think ED will not provide anymore ships. At least i haven't seen any. So i'm trying to fill that gap.  

When Marianna drops. I will drop a handful at once! Stay Tuned!

• Like 7

2 hours ago, Admiral189 said:

I'm testing out the missiles now. So far so good. Just trying to find the right non Harpoon anti-ship missile. Should be done soon!

Linx, i'm honestly think ED will not provide anymore ships. At least i haven't seen any. So i'm trying to fill that gap.  

Looking forward!
Ships that bridge the gap between big scary destroyers/cruisers and small boats like Molniya are needed the most in DCS. Ships like the above Tarantul and maybe things like Knox-class frigate or something.

Thanks again for your work!

• Like 1

I agree navyBtown we need more patrol boats and guided missile patrol boats. I really hope someone does the Saam and Kaman class ships for Iran. They are Vosper Mk5 and La Combattante II class ships. I think someone was working on the Kaman but I cant find the link anymore. Strait of Hormuz map is going to boats once the sea radar and harpoon for the hornet are finished

2 hours ago, ruxtmp said:

I agree navyBtown we need more patrol boats and guided missile patrol boats. I really hope someone does the Saam and Kaman class ships for Iran. They are Vosper Mk5 and La Combattante II class ships. I think someone was working on the Kaman but I cant find the link anymore. Strait of Hormuz map is going to boats once the sea radar and harpoon for the hornet are finished

Let's also not forget the Pegasus Class attack craft. While making the hydrofoil part of it work right would be a pain in the ass, we need more ships period in DCS, as that offers us more options for scenarios.

8 hours ago, Admiral189 said:

I'm testing out the missiles now. So far so good. Just trying to find the right non Harpoon anti-ship missile. Should be done soon!Missile Fire II.jpg

Missile Fire.jpg

Sorry for the double post, but to give ya some help, the likely missile candidate for this version of the Turentul would be the KH-35Kh-35E_fol_maks2009.jpg