New flare buckets

Shadow KT

As we are getting a newer Suite, don't know which year it is supposed to be, but I've heard A-10s having the smaller flares and being able to load up to 480 flares circa 2010/2011ish ? Might have to re-check my source, but is this something which is looked at ?

'Shadow'

Everybody gotta be offended and take it personally now-a-days

I don’t think it’s a training flare. It’s the same smaller flare that means the Hornet should carry 60 flares instead of the 30 it was originally designed for.

The same smaller flare that the DCS Viper apparently (a bit inexplicably) already has, since it has 60 + 60 chaff and flares. Go figure.

Ye, not training... the same thing as the Hornet smaller flares. Brings up the total to 480

Y’all want more flares (which would be useless honestly) and I just want the double ones we used my last deployment.

Edited by Snoopy

What would the double ones mean ?

What's useless, if you can get the more of the same effectiveness.... If you know something more than us, the common folk, share it...

Edited by Shadow KT

'Shadow'

Everybody gotta be offended and take it personally now-a-days

What would the double ones mean ?

What's useless, if you can get the more of the same effectiveness.... If you know something more than us, the common folk, share it...

Modern flares tend to be spectral and/or propelled, they're a lot more than just a burning blob of hot stuff. This is why you'll see far fewer flares on jets of all types these days.

Of course flare (or chaff) types are not simulated in DCS at present so until/unless they are, there's no in game benefit. We can just hope that one day the modelling of expendable countermeasures will be improved.

• Thanks 1

Spoiler

Intel 13900K (5Ghz), 64Gb 6400Mhz, MSi RTX 3090, Schiit Modi/Magi DAC/AMP, ASUS PG43UQ, Hotas Warthog, RealSimulator FSSB3, 2x TM MFDs + DCS MFDs, MFG Crosswinds, Elgato Steamdeck XL

Chaff only dispenses from the right wingtip and the left centerline buckets. Flares only dispense from Right centerline buckets. nothing comes out of the left wing buckets.

Noticed the same with the OG A10C after today’s update

ASUS ROG STRIX Z490 F-GAMING | i7-10700K | RTX3090 TUF OC | 32GB DDR4 3200Mhz | Windows 10 64bit | Acer Predator X34P | TrackIR 5 | TM Warthog | TM T.Flight Rudder Pedals

A-10C | A-10C II | F/A-18C | F-16C | FC3 | PG | Syria | SC

Home made F-16C simulator
Forum Thread: DCS World forum - The Viper Project - Home Cockpits Instagram: 1583142 copia.jpg The Viper Project YouTube youtube-icon-512x512-874lspju.png The Viper Project - Youtube channel