DCS: P-51D Mustang Coming in 2012

Wags

Sigh...I wish Nevada was a prioritory over this before starting something new. Having said that, I am a WWII/ WWII aircraft nut. The thought of a DCS level P-51 just made something happen in my pants. I just wish a P-38 was in the works along with a B-17, which brings me to the point...what will the P-51 fly against? DCS has to go all out WWII. Correct? I admit I was too excited to read the previous 10 pages of posts, but WWII tech aircraft tech should be a cake walk compared to the Ka-50 and A-10. I hope they can crank out DCS level WWII aircraft left and right. Please, for the love of God, a DCS level B-17G and/or a P-38J/L would make me shell out more of my hard earned cash to DCS. I can't wait! Bravo on the P-51!

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

P-51. TFC. Money is a wonderfull influence factor! Fairplay ED, a good business move, one which will undoubtedly flourish from a fair bit of support from the community, but to be frank perhaps a little less cloak and dagger about the development of the Fighter Series to appease what is undoubtedly, a fairly pissed off large portion of your audience?

will be buying the P-51, but it wont form part of the 74th. shame.

I have no doubt it will be a wonderful flight.

Come pay us a visit on YouTube - search for HELI SHED

Main Banner.PNG

You will find that there's really nothing simple as far as the P-51 goes. While it might not be as fancy as an A-10C, what you lose in avionics complexity is made up for greater stick and rudder and engine operation complexity!

As for WWII aircraft other than the P-51 ... I'll just say that I don't think ED is into one-offs.

Sigh...I wish Nevada was a prioritory over this before starting something new. Having said that, I am a WWII/ WWII aircraft nut. The thought of a DCS level P-51 just made something happen in my pants. I just wish a P-38 was in the works along with a B-17, which brings me to the point...what will the P-51 fly against? DCS has to go all out WWII. Correct? I admit I was too excited to read the previous 10 pages of posts, but WWII tech aircraft tech should be a cake walk compared to the Ka-50 and A-10. I hope they can crank out DCS level WWII aircraft left and right. Please, for the love of God, a DCS level B-17G and/or a P-38J/L would make me shell out more of my hard earned cash to DCS. I can't wait! Bravo on the P-51!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

Good job, ED. Blowing things up from 30,000 feet and modern technology and all that has its place but there is just....SOMETHING....about getting up close and personal with the target. If not a pre-order, then a definite day one purchase for me.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

It's not the fall that gets you. It's the Godawful sudden stop at the end.

I think you will find it quite authentic. This is my guess only: TFC has restored their own P-51D, and it is modeled after that aircraft. However the cockpit is modeled (I think) out of the P-51D manual.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

Is it a "generic" P51D (as it was in WW2 times) or modeled after some specific current-day P51D? I guess the todays flying ones might have some differences in instruments/radios or such?

No, but power plant has been massivly upgraded on some machines i saw at Duxford.

Come pay us a visit on YouTube - search for HELI SHED

Main Banner.PNG

Thats what i call an easy target.

I wonder how they want to integrate the P-51 into DCS missions. Fighting modern enemy aircrafts and ground untis with an WWII airplane..?

I think the only people, who find real use for that module are the guys from the Virtual Horsemen.

ED, i hope you will do something more usefull, soon.

:yawn:

Whatever.....................

Mustang suits DCS series like semi-pickled cucumber to the sweet cake.

Reminder: Fighter pilots make movies. Bomber pilots make... HISTORY! :D | Also to be remembered: FRENCH TANKS HAVE ONE GEAR FORWARD AND FIVE BACKWARD :D

ಠ_ಠ

• ED Team
I love props so this is a welcome bonus for me, but with DCS i'd rather an F-4 or Mig-21 as a legend, bring on the workload.

P-51 + AIM-120, anyone?

+1 for P-51 + AIM-120.

AMD Ryzen 9 3900X, GeForce RTX 2080Ti, 32 GB DRAM, HOTAS TM Warthog, FSSB R3 Lighting, MFG Crosswind, Win 10 Pro

You will find that there's really nothing simple as far as the P-51 goes. While it might not be as fancy as an A-10C, what you lose in avionics complexity is made up for greater stick and rudder and engine operation complexity!

As for WWII aircraft other than the P-51 ... I'll just say that I don't think ED is into one-offs.

I was referring to avionics. No disrespect was intended. Flight models are complex, but compared to an A-10C the P-51 and all of it's systems must be an easier task to reproduce at DCS level. Yes?

will be buying the P-51, but it wont form part of the 74th. shameI have no doubt it will be a wonderful flight.

Same here....won't be part of the 25th...maybe a couple on the ramp but not officially supported within the squadron/wing...

She is fun to fly though!

1) I'm buying a grand-stand seat next to the runway when it goes live, to watch people learning to cope with ground handling and torque/P-factor. On second thought, make that at a safe distance from the runway, with binos.

2) Nevada is coming. Nellis is in Nevada. Then there's that other place, R-something... we need pylons modelled!

3) We will finally be getting our very own Luftwhiners! No Mustang sim is complete without them! :D

I think that by comparison, the only complex (to use) pieces of avionics will be the K-14 sight and engine control.

I was referring to avionics. No disrespect was intended. Flight models are complex, but compared to an A-10C the P-51 and all of it's systems must be an easier task to reproduce at DCS level. Yes?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Nice work. Sounds exciting but I have questions:

1) Will P-51D be intergrated into the DCS world with scenario, missions, campaign along with other AI WW2 airplanes or will the P-51D will just be dropped into DCS world without anything else?

2) Is it coming with a new graphic engine or a modernisation in the core of the engine (multithreading, Dx11 support,...), up to make our 'Nasa style' multi CPU & GPU more profitable?

3) Screenshots are beautiful, Thanks Wags and ED.

DCS Wish: Turbulences affecting surrounding aircraft...

[sIGPIC] [/sIGPIC]

Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3P - Intel Core i5 6600K - 16Gb RAM DDR4-2133 - Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 G1 Gaming - 8 Go - 2 x SSD Crucial MX300 - 750 Go RAID0 - Screens: HP OMEN 32'' 2560x1440 + Oculus Rift CV1 - Win 10 - 64bits - TM WARTHOG #889 - Saitek Pro Rudder.

SWEET! I'd expect there to eventually be a B-17, ME-109, FW-190, HE-111, P-38, and P-47 available if they really wanted to round this out. Maybe even the Spitfire, too.

Can't wait guys. Excited to see what type of campaign you guys make available for this.

Windows 7 64bit

AMD FX 8350 4.0GHZ

16BG Ram

EVGA Geforce 760 GTX 2GB

Thats what i call an easy target.

Ermmm.........No. Then again, you'll have plenty of time to contemplate it on the silk-ride down :D

1) I'm buying a grand-stand seat next to the runway when it goes live, to watch people learning to cope with ground handling and torque/P-factor. On second thought, make that at a safe distance from the runway, with binos.

You are a Wise Man indeed!

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'