DCS: P-51D Mustang Coming in 2012

Wags

^^^^

You want ED to keep producing modern jets?

Support their expansion into other markets.

I bet most of you have NO CLUE whatsoever into how a tail-dragger flies.

Find out what your fathers/grandfathers flew! It is VERY different from a jet. VERY!

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT3ghHUOzMzpM-wmIdaTgpdDZLv-H-sgQCYDDgRNP9KcFUNR_GP_d1VXoTa

This is me now.. I trust that the jet will also be released (at least a beta form) in 2012? Or should we expect something like

this

http://forum.lockon.ru/showpost.php?p=1338666&postcount=250

and this

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=681118&postcount=285

??

I wish there was a confirmation on at least the nature of the upcoming aircraft, whether it's a fighter, a CAS, or any other role, man!!! Not that I want it's model number and designation... But make my loins feel warm instead of the chill that just went though it now... You know...

And of course I'm going to enroll in the Alpha stage just to see my dream (the F-18) come to life by you geniuses ;)

AWAITING ED NEW DAMAGE MODEL IMPLEMENTATION FOR WW2 BIRDS

Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3: K-14A gyro computing gunsight works?

attachment.php?attachmentid=61582&d=1327155894

Good questions. Can we have some answers on them, or is it more important to speculate on what would have been better or why it so great to have P51 flying along A10C and Bs2 and Su25? :doh:

It is modelled to the same degree, or beyond, of the fidelity that the Kamov and the A-10C now enjoy. What does that tell you?

Keep in mind that we are Pre-Alpha ;)

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

It's modeled to A-10C level. It might even have a device or two that you didn't even know about.

For now, that's all that we can say unless ED decides to reply in detail, but I trust this answers most of your questions.

Edit: Sniped by Viper ... almost literally :D

Good questions. Can we have some answers on them, or is it more important to speculate on what would have been better or why it so great to have P51 flying along A10C and Bs2 and Su25? :doh:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

But I'm curious as to what it will have to fight....

Where do I start........

Anything that get's close enough to the .50 cals is fair game. Trust me - she's got the agility of a mosquito with the bite of a rattlesnake :D

Edit: Counter-Sniped :P

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I wish there was a confirmation on at least the nature of the upcoming aircraft, whether it's a fighter, a CAS, or any other role, man!!! Not that I want it's model number and designation... But make my loins feel warm instead of the chill that just went though it now... You know...

And of course I'm going to enroll in the Alpha stage just to see my dream (the F-18) come to life by you geniuses ;)

Why? So you can cry again that it's not your desired airframe?

Sir, you get it!

I like modern jets too, but frankly the way the P-51 handles was a big surprise and change, certainly worth seeing.

This forum is mostly populated by jet fans, but there's nothing wrong with gathering a larger audience, and no one's making anyone buy the P-51.

Well, to each his own .I support ED to extend the battlefield to two branchs, and meet different people's taste. But I am a big fan of modern jet.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

.....I'm itching to punch somebody in the face and fly his front row of teeth out....

Now now now - all calm down and if we want to rant, at least do it calmly, constructively and in a manner becoming:

iAoZP6EuaDk

:D

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

no man... I love jets thats all.. You know if its DCS Mig 21, I'll buy it hands down.. I don't want to fight no one, but I must be sure it will be produced. How do you know that ED wont flip and start marching down the WW-II and WW-I era, and drop the recent beauties and their ancestors on??

And guys, lets be reasonable, the fact the mr. wags here announced the mustang should be a treat, since in a month, month and a half (march) we'll get an update on the next aircraft.. Possibly in a cypher style, but it will make our balls drop down and the sac relax :D

AWAITING ED NEW DAMAGE MODEL IMPLEMENTATION FOR WW2 BIRDS

Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.

First of all; thank you for the update, as a lot of other people on this forum I have a bit of a problem seeing how the Mustang is going to fit into the DCS world, but with that said, I do love the Mustang. She's a beauty and Im sure Im going to buy this, even if just to fly from on airfield to another. Should be nice to just fly around with other people in multiplayer.

• ED Team
Curious but I simply do not see how it will intergrate with a modern battlefield with modern jets etc.

CAS in an area without strong ground threats or EA - i.e Afghanistan.

Having problems? Visit http://en.wiki.eagle.ru/wiki/Main_Page

Dell Laptop M1730 -Vista- Intel Core 2 Duo T7500@2.2GHz, 4GB, Nvidia 8700MGT 767MB

Intel i7 975 Extreme 3.2GHZ CPU, NVidia GTX 570 1.28Gb Pcie Graphics.

CAS in an area without strong ground threats or EA - i.e Afghanistan.

lol it'll be hilarious to setup a mission with S-300 SAM vs. Mustang spam.

I think the cost of a 5V55R round is more expensive than the aircraft it's taking out. :megalol:

• ED Team
1: Can I customize my convergences on the P-51, vertical, horizontal?

2: Possible customize of my ammo belt`s, like AP, HE, tracers, for each gun?

3: K-14A gyro computing gunsight works?

:thumbup:

1. Yes, but you are in charge of the results changing the angles . The default pattern is a real pattern from USAF official doc and I must say that it's the optimal for most cases regarding dispersion cones.

2. Yes.

3. It works.

Ніщо так сильно не ранить мозок, як уламки скла від розбитих рожевих окулярів

There is nothing so hurtful for the brain as splinters of broken rose-coloured spectacles.

Ничто так сильно не ранит мозг, как осколки стекла от разбитых розовых очков (С) Me

1. Yes, but you are in charge of the results changing the angles . The default pattern is a real pattern from USAF official doc and I must say that it's the optimal for most cases regarding dispersion cones.

2. Yes.

3. It works.

thx for the answer Yo-Yo

:thumbup:

Sigh.

I know its been known for a long time, and I know I will buy it.

But it's kind of like Disney making a thriller, or Kellogs making jeans you know?

I'm sure it will be great blah blah but if I want that shit I'll go elsehwhere.

I've stuck with you guys since Flanker but I'm really disappointed.

Vega 2700x /16Gb ram/480Gb SSD/1Tb Seagate/nVidia 2080/Win 10 64 bit Rift. T-flight pedals.

Hurray! Another WWII sim with an outdated graphics engine!

What is outdated about it.

Great news ED, was hopeing for the F4U for some carrier pratice for the Hornet..

The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance.

"Me, the 13th Duke of Wybourne, here on the ED forums at 3 'o' clock in the morning, with my reputation. Are they mad.."

https://ko-fi.com/joey45

This looks interesting, always fun to learn a new aircraft. I bet it sounds pretty sweet in the cockpit too. Hopefully you release a playable version (beta or full) before August so I have a chance to try it out!

System:

i7 920 @3.8ghz; GTX 560ti 448; 6gb DDR3 1600 ram; 750gb HDD; 750w PSU; Win7 64bit; x52 Pro; TrackIR 5