Introducing the VPC MongoosT-50 Throttle - Page 10 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 12-07-2017, 11:19 AM   #91
=Buckeye=

Reputation power: 11
=Buckeye= is just really nice=Buckeye= is just really nice=Buckeye= is just really nice=Buckeye= is just really nice=Buckeye= is just really nice=Buckeye= is just really nice=Buckeye= is just really nice=Buckeye= is just really nice=Buckeye= is just really nice=Buckeye= is just really nice=Buckeye= is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barefoot Bandit View Post
Oddly, I am the opposite. Finger mini stick would be odd... Because I'm used to the CH Pro throttle.

Honestly, you'll adjust. The "I wont change because it's different" attitude would have kept us in caves without fire, if every one thought that way.

I also have the Warthog throttle, and can adjust to a finger ministick, except the nipple is a poor implementation for space sims - too hard to get fine control.

Z...

Yeah, I could adjust, I just don't want to.

I plan to buy the grip of all of the planes I'll fly (Hornet, Tomcat, Harrier, Warthog, Eagle/Strike Eagle, Falcon/Viper -- which can be achieved with just 3 grips) and rotate the grip to the particular plane I'll be taking in to the air...so, I don't want a throttle with a ministick that's nothing like the real thing in any of those planes. None of them, except the Harrier which has an extraordinarily odd throttle grip, have a thumb ministick. The thumb is for comms. I'll wait and find something more true to the real thing for the planes I'll be flying.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VR Cockpit:
Oculus Rift CV1 | Super Warthog Wheel Stand Pro | TM Warthog HOTAS + 15cm Black Extension w/ Red Spring by Sahaj | Dell 34" Curved UW 3440x1440 | ASUS ROG Strix Gaming OC 1080Ti | i7-4790K @ 4.7ghz | Corsair H105 | Corsair Dominator Platinum 16GB | (x2) Samsung 840 EVO 250 GB | Steelcase Leap V2 | Philips Fidelio X1

Soon™:
Slaw Device RX Viper Pedals w/ Damper (ordered, arriving in Jan) + Upgraded HOTAS (waiting for throttle releases) + JetSeat SE
=Buckeye= is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 11:55 AM   #92
rogonaut

Reputation power: 3
rogonaut will become famous soon enoughrogonaut will become famous soon enough

make a small display next to all buttons that blends in nicely so u can name the inputs mapped to your liking. we all have multiple or loads of modules and its fairly hard to memorize all key binds of them. if u could read what the buttons do - that would be absolutly perfect!

PLEASE!

Last edited by rogonaut; 12-07-2017 at 11:58 AM.
rogonaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2017, 03:08 AM   #93
Barefoot Bandit

Reputation power: 2
Barefoot Bandit will become famous soon enoughBarefoot Bandit will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by =Buckeye= View Post
Yeah, I could adjust, I just don't want to.

I plan to buy the grip of all of the planes I'll fly (Hornet, Tomcat, Harrier, Warthog, Eagle/Strike Eagle, Falcon/Viper -- which can be achieved with just 3 grips) and rotate the grip to the particular plane I'll be taking in to the air...so, I don't want a throttle with a ministick that's nothing like the real thing in any of those planes. None of them, except the Harrier which has an extraordinarily odd throttle grip, have a thumb ministick. The thumb is for comms. I'll wait and find something more true to the real thing for the planes I'll be flying.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That's fair enough, sounded more like you didn't want to try it out of habit, rather than the authenticity route - respect.

Z...
Barefoot Bandit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2017, 03:38 AM   #94
Rogue Trooper

Reputation power: 10
Rogue Trooper is just really niceRogue Trooper is just really niceRogue Trooper is just really niceRogue Trooper is just really niceRogue Trooper is just really niceRogue Trooper is just really niceRogue Trooper is just really niceRogue Trooper is just really nice

Once the Christmas and new year spend is over.... this base unit is mine!
Rogue Trooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2017, 02:25 PM   #95
Cyph3r

Reputation power: 9
Cyph3r is a jewel in the roughCyph3r is a jewel in the roughCyph3r is a jewel in the roughCyph3r is a jewel in the roughCyph3r is a jewel in the roughCyph3r is a jewel in the rough

► VPC MongoosT-50 Throttle Update

VPC are continually pushing our desire to work as close as possible with the community to create the products that everyone wants to see.

It’s been made very clear to us that a high quality, multifunctional throttle unit is one of the community’s most anticipated products. As such we’ve realised our responsibility to provide our customers with a product that best meets their expectations.

We’ve been carefully reviewing the requests we received after our new VPC MongoosT-50® Throttle design was revealed, which led us to swapping a toggle switch for a 5 way mode toggle. This further increases the programmability found in the VPC MongoosT-50® Throttle.

We had also noted a very large number of requests for LED lighting on our throttle. Due to this, we’ve decided to redesign the housing, faceplates and electronics to accommodate the community’s desire for programmable LED lighting!

To facilitate these large changes to the VPC MongoosT-50® Throttle, we hugely regret that the target release date is now postponed until Q1 2018.

Updates including demonstrations of the LED lighting system will be revealed in the near future, along with confirmed release dates.

Thank you to everyone who has taken the time to provide feedback and suggestions on the design of our products!

Stay tuned for further updates.

Cyph3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2017, 03:56 PM   #96
TheHendrix

Reputation power: 0
TheHendrix is on a distinguished road

I really hope you will also have time to review the possibility of an index ministick as opposed to a thumbstick, for the reasons others have explained above.

If not at the initial release of the throttle it would be great to later have the possibility to get a version with an index ministick, seeing as I find the thumbstick to be somewhat of a weird flaw on an otherwise great looking throttle.
Old 12-10-2017, 04:20 PM   #97
Bearfoot

Reputation power: 8
Bearfoot is just really niceBearfoot is just really niceBearfoot is just really niceBearfoot is just really niceBearfoot is just really niceBearfoot is just really niceBearfoot is just really niceBearfoot is just really niceBearfoot is just really niceBearfoot is just really niceBearfoot is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHendrix View Post
I really hope you will also have time to review the possibility of an index ministick as opposed to a thumbstick, for the reasons others have explained above.

If not at the initial release of the throttle it would be great to later have the possibility to get a version with an index ministick, seeing as I find the thumbstick to be somewhat of a weird flaw on an otherwise great looking throttle.
Strangely enough, I cannot stand the index ministick on the TMWH. I find the thumbstick on my X-55 soooooooooo much better. And it has got nothing to do with the button quality, it is all about relative dexterity of the thumb in horizontal position vs. index finger in the curled over position. So much more control, comfort, precision, etc.

Having said that, I've come to be adjusted enough to the TMWH throttle index stick so as not to worry about it too much, though I still prefer a thumb stick.

All this goes to show:

(1) different strokes for different folks
(2) in practice, either works, so we can get used to whatever comes our way

Bearfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2017, 05:43 PM   #98
Zeroskills

Reputation power: 0
Zeroskills is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHendrix View Post

I would also much prefer an index finger stick, it leaves my thumb free to hit all the other buttons on the side at the same time.
Zeroskills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2017, 06:36 PM   #99
Bearfoot

Reputation power: 8
Bearfoot is just really niceBearfoot is just really niceBearfoot is just really niceBearfoot is just really niceBearfoot is just really niceBearfoot is just really niceBearfoot is just really niceBearfoot is just really niceBearfoot is just really niceBearfoot is just really niceBearfoot is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeroskills View Post
I would also much prefer an index finger stick, it leaves my thumb free to hit all the other buttons on the side at the same time.
There is no disputing that everyone's preference is individual, and I am not going to try and convince you otherwise ... but I do feel compelled to point out that a thumb stick in no way precludes you from (comfortably/easily) hitting a whole bunch of other switches with your thumb --- including multiple hat switches, multiple multi-stage push buttons, multiple rotaries etc.

The Saitek X-55/56 is a POS in terms of build quality, but in terms of ergonomics, it is a universe and a half ahead of the TMWH IMHO ...
Bearfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2017, 06:52 PM   #100
Brixmis

Reputation power: 9
Brixmis is just really niceBrixmis is just really niceBrixmis is just really niceBrixmis is just really niceBrixmis is just really niceBrixmis is just really niceBrixmis is just really niceBrixmis is just really niceBrixmis is just really nice

This looks very much like the perfect HOTAS for me, but especially after VAT and delivery is added, it's far above my price range.

The problem is that there aren't any decent HOTAS in the mid-range bracket any more. I need to sell my X56 (which I really like) due to health issues, but I am really struggling to find anything to replace it with. The lower end stuff are like toy joysticks (right up to, and imo including the X52) and then there is nothing up to the top of the range stuff.

OK, I have a VKB Gladiator as a spare - but that's no good for modern aircraft systems control in VR.

The market could really do with some decent HOTAS systems at around the $200 mark. (so about £160-£200)
Brixmis is offline   Reply With Quote