the most realistic A/G radar ever done for a game - Page 3 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 12-01-2017, 09:09 PM   #21
toutenglisse

Reputation power: 2
toutenglisse is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by smnwrx View Post
I personally think a ground radar still has some uses. TGP is great if you have an idea where to point it with either intel or FAC/JTAC help. A ground radar would be useful in a killbox scenario like the one used in dessert storm. Where if it moves it’s a target. The radar would be able to cover much more area.
I agree. It's probably irrelevant regarding real operation but in an other sim (about F-16, sounding like when you launch a programm to test your rig/fps....) I always used AG radar to detect target and then slewing the TGP to lase, regardless land or sea.
Old 12-02-2017, 05:02 PM   #22
BuzzU

Reputation power: 17
BuzzU has a spectacular aura aboutBuzzU has a spectacular aura aboutBuzzU has a spectacular aura aboutBuzzU has a spectacular aura aboutBuzzU has a spectacular aura about

Lots of time to learn how to land on a carrier at night in a storm.

Will we have that for early release?

"You have reached the pinnacle of success as soon as you become uninterested in money, compliments, or publicity."

"Life is hard, but it's a lot harder when you're stupid." John Wayne
BuzzU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2017, 07:13 PM   #23
rweaves6

Reputation power: 9
rweaves6 is a jewel in the roughrweaves6 is a jewel in the roughrweaves6 is a jewel in the roughrweaves6 is a jewel in the roughrweaves6 is a jewel in the roughrweaves6 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuzzU View Post
Lots of time to learn how to land on a carrier at night in a storm.

Will we have that for early release?
Good question. I don't recall there ever being a statement on carrier release time and whether or not it will be bundled with the F18 EA?

*Edit* Found this on the F18 FAQ:
"Q: Will carrier operations be included?
A: Basic carrier operations will be available at Early Access launch, but they will first be reliant on the carrier operations based on what we have currently for the Su-33. During the Early Access period, more detailed and realistic carrier operations of Case I, II, and III will become available."

Last edited by rweaves6; 12-04-2017 at 07:49 PM.
rweaves6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2017, 08:09 PM   #24
BuzzU

BuzzU has a spectacular aura aboutBuzzU has a spectacular aura aboutBuzzU has a spectacular aura aboutBuzzU has a spectacular aura aboutBuzzU has a spectacular aura about

Sounds like we might not have the storm at night part to start off with.

It sounds pretty scary to do. I watched a video of the real pilots trying to do it and some took 4-5 tries before getting it right.

"You have reached the pinnacle of success as soon as you become uninterested in money, compliments, or publicity."

Old 12-07-2017, 05:43 AM   #25
fargo007

Reputation power: 1
fargo007 will become famous soon enoughfargo007 will become famous soon enough

The concept of a ground radar transcends a client/player's individual experience.

It needs to exist because many aircraft - helo's and wing are equipped with them.

In order to be able to model future AC with that capability, it's just got to be there.

And the AI aircraft with this capability will be able to more accurately do what we see them do.

You dig rotorcraft? Training, Quals, Missions, & FUN. Ask me about joining the Black Sharks!
fargo007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 01:42 PM   #26
Revelation

Reputation power: 24
Revelation is a glorious beacon of lightRevelation is a glorious beacon of lightRevelation is a glorious beacon of lightRevelation is a glorious beacon of lightRevelation is a glorious beacon of lightRevelation is a glorious beacon of lightRevelation is a glorious beacon of lightRevelation is a glorious beacon of lightRevelation is a glorious beacon of lightRevelation is a glorious beacon of lightRevelation is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Sounds like we might not have the storm at night part to start off with.

It sounds pretty scary to do. I watched a video of the real pilots trying to do it and some took 4-5 tries before getting it right.
Of course you will, you can already land an SU-33 at night in a storm. What Wags was referring to was the in-game mechanics that mimic carrier operations for Case I, II, III recoveries.
Old 12-07-2017, 04:04 PM   #27
BuzzU

Oh ok, thanks. I didn't know. I never fly anything but American planes.

Old 12-09-2017, 08:45 PM   #28
Weta43
ED Testers Team

Reputation power: 79
Weta43 is a splendid one to beholdWeta43 is a splendid one to beholdWeta43 is a splendid one to beholdWeta43 is a splendid one to beholdWeta43 is a splendid one to beholdWeta43 is a splendid one to beholdWeta43 is a splendid one to beholdWeta43 is a splendid one to beholdWeta43 is a splendid one to beholdWeta43 is a splendid one to beholdWeta43 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Oh. That's a shame for you...
Old 12-09-2017, 09:52 PM   #29
Kev2go

Reputation power: 6
Kev2go has a spectacular aura aboutKev2go has a spectacular aura aboutKev2go has a spectacular aura aboutKev2go has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
yea, clearly flying foreign planes especially evil bad guy commie planes that are included part of FC3 is just plain herasay bordering treason.

Seriously there is no harm trying out other planes if you already own them such as with the Entire FC3 pack. MCcarthy wont come out of his grave to chase after you if you tried out some of the Russian planes. Especially as atm the su33 is the only carrier capable fighter. If you own it, you may as well try it.

Build:

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Gibabyte Z97x Motherboard, Intel Core i7 4790k ; 4.0 ghz ( Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo),Kingston Hyperx DDR3 16gb ram (1866 mhz) ,
(Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia Gtx 1080 8gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; WD 1TB HDD, samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD, Samsing evo 850 pro 512 gb SSD

Last edited by Kev2go; 12-09-2017 at 10:03 PM.
Kev2go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2017, 10:56 PM   #30
BuzzU

I'm not new at this. I've flown all the planes. Now, I fly just American planes, because I want to. You all can fly what you want. I don't care. Why do you care what I fly?