[NOT A BUG] Sim Showing behind MFDs - Page 2 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 12-07-2017, 05:10 AM   #11
FlyBoyd

Reputation power: 0
FlyBoyd is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by hansangb View Post
Oh, I didn't even notice the borders. So it must be a bug.

I tell you, I *LOVE* VR. while the resolution could be better, it's completely functional and sooo immersive. IMHO, it's the most transformative technology for flight sims *ever*

I don't even bother with my 34" 3640x1440 monitor anymore. Just not the same playing DCS on a 2D monitor.
So I plan to get VR for xmas. Is there anything I need to know to get it running quickly?

I already have a monster system so I'm not worried about that, but is it plug and play? How do you control the mouse? Do I need those extra controllers if I'm getting the rift?

Thanks!
FlyBoyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 05:21 AM   #12
FlyBoyd

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkateZilla View Post
The Above LUA is not Formatted correctly, which is why you are seeing the world in the background, the L/R MFDs are not to be included in the ViewPorts.XXXX String.

See below Example of Correct Format:
Code:
_ = function(p) return p; end;
name = _('Viewport Testing');
Description = 'VP Testing'
	--MAIN VIEWPORTS
	Viewports =
	{
		Center =
		{
		x = 0;
		y = 0;
		width = 1280;
		height = 720;
		viewDx = 0;
		viewDy = 0;
		aspect = 1.7777777777777777777777777777778;
		}
	}

--MFD's ETC
	LEFT_MFCD =
	{
		x = 1280;
		y = 0;
		width = 512;
		height = 512;
	}

RIGHT_MFCD =
	{
		x = 1280;
		y = 512;
		width = 512;
		height = 512;
	}

UIMainView = Viewports.Center
Skate,

Sorry I spoke too soon.

So I made my .lua file look exactly like yours (with the exception of my coordinates and resolution obviously) and when I went back in 1.5 I couldn't see my MFD's anymore?! Why would that happen?

Also how did you get a picture with your main screen and the two other monitors on the right? That might help me troubleshoot better rather than just open the game and see if it worked.

Thanks again.
Old 12-07-2017, 11:56 AM   #13
feefifofum
3rd Party Developer

Reputation power: 12
feefifofum is just really nicefeefifofum is just really nicefeefifofum is just really nicefeefifofum is just really nicefeefifofum is just really nicefeefifofum is just really nicefeefifofum is just really nicefeefifofum is just really nicefeefifofum is just really nicefeefifofum is just really nicefeefifofum is just really nice

Is your resolution set properly in the sim?
Remember you need your total resolution for all screens, not just your main monitor.

I.E. a 1080P display with two lilliputs "below" is 1920x1680. You need to manually type this into the options.
Old 12-07-2017, 07:03 PM   #14
FlyBoyd

Quote:
Originally Posted by feefifofum View Post
Is your resolution set properly in the sim?
Remember you need your total resolution for all screens, not just your main monitor.

I.E. a 1080P display with two lilliputs "below" is 1920x1680. You need to manually type this into the options.
Thanks man! That is what happened. I just switched out my screen for another and hadn't changed the resolution.

However I still can't see the MFD's in 2.0. Literally everything is set the exact same way, but is there something different with the .lua file in 2.0? I can't seem to figure it out.
Old 12-08-2017, 09:18 PM   #15
hansangb

Reputation power: 14
hansangb is just really nicehansangb is just really nicehansangb is just really nicehansangb is just really nicehansangb is just really nicehansangb is just really nicehansangb is just really nicehansangb is just really nicehansangb is just really nicehansangb is just really nice

Remember, you have to select the monitor in the game setting. So if you don't see the monitor config in the drop down, you have a syntax error in your lua file. And I tried it with 2.x and it works just fine. So it may be a syntax error...it's hard to spot missing commas for example.

As for VR, in the INPUT and OUTPUT thread: ED Forums » English » DCS World Topics » Input and Output

There is a VR subthread. You'll find the "All things VR" where Jabbers has a quick settings tutorial. You can also reference THIS post to quickly learn a few things (like centering views etc)

Finally, the latest Rift bundle comes with Touch controllers.
hansangb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2017, 02:44 AM   #16
FlyBoyd

Quote:
Originally Posted by hansangb View Post
Remember, you have to select the monitor in the game setting. So if you don't see the monitor config in the drop down, you have a syntax error in your lua file. And I tried it with 2.x and it works just fine. So it may be a syntax error...it's hard to spot missing commas for example.
That's the thing, I did select the monitor in the game setting so it recognized the .lua file, I just can't see the MFD's. I find it hard to believe that coordinate settings are that far off as the monitor resolution hasn't changed.

Not sure what to try first.

Thanks for the VR info!
Old 12-14-2017, 12:25 AM   #17
hansangb

Reputation power: 14
hansangb is just really nicehansangb is just really nicehansangb is just really nicehansangb is just really nicehansangb is just really nicehansangb is just really nicehansangb is just really nicehansangb is just really nicehansangb is just really nicehansangb is just really nice

How is your windows desktop setup in Windows. That matters because X and Y coordinate starts with your upper left corner. Every measurement is based off of it.
hansangb is offline   Reply With Quote