Problem with JHMCS

Sparky1b09

Hello everyone. I had an oddball problem arise with my helmet display. When I did the mini update on Thursday evening that included the new helmet display everything worked great and I was amazed at what it did and how it worked. On Friday I did the next hot fix mini update and fired the game up and my helmet display didn't work correctly. I got the small inner circle but not the larger outer circle on my HUD whenever I looked towards the HUD but when I looked away from the HUD it disappeared and there is no indication of a helmet display at all. But when I select a 9x and look at the sun I get a tone. So the display is there and working, it's just not showing up on my screen. I play in VR and I know it only shows in the right eye, but everything else is full VR so I can't believe it's my VR unit. Does anyone have any ideas at all? The knob for brightness is turned all the way up and I did 3 repairs, nothing helps. Thanks in advance for any ideas!!!

Its not your VR. Mine does the same. The right eye is all that is displayed and in VR that is very disconcerting to see out of one eye only - but then again, they do it in real life, so I guess its just something that we'll have to get used to. The brightness does need to be improved, but for your specific needs, have you rebooted your computer. I find that I have to reboot my computer, often before a mission, to be sure it can enter multiplayer without any IP hang ups. Your problems may diminish with a good old fashioned reboot. But that is just a guess. This is my mileage, yours may vary.

Are you using any mods? If so, they may affect how this HMD displays for you.

Reboot

Repair DCS (repair only - not a complete reinstall of DCS)

Re-install the update

Then see how things go.

None at all. It just disappeared overnight. How do I reinstall an update?

None at all. It just disappeared overnight. How do I reinstall an update?

try to run repair:thumbup:

• CPU : Intel i7 8700k@5.0ghz cooled by Noctua NH-D15 / Motherboard:Asorck Z370 Taichi / RAM: 32GB GSkill TridentZ @3600mhz / SSD: 500GB Nvme Samsung 970 evo+1 TB Sabrent Nvme M2 / GPU:Asus Strix OC 2080TI / Monitor: LG 34KG950F Ultrawide / Trackir 5 proclip/ VIRPIL CM2 BASE + CM2 GRIP + F148 GRIP + 200M EXTENSION /VKB T-Rudder MKIV rudder /Case: Fractal Design R6 Define black

I just reinstalled DCS from scratch and my JHMCS isn't displaying. Any other tips to get it working? I tried the RECCE button {R} (keyboard) and that didn't do anything.

Open Beta or Release version? Afaik it’s only available in open beta currently.

Proud owner of:

PointCTRL VR : Finger Trackers for VR -- Real Simulator : FSSB R3L Force Sensing Stick. -- Deltasim : Force Sensor WH Slew Upgrade -- Mach3Ti Ring : Real Flown Mach 3 SR-71 Titanium, made into an amazing ring.

My Fathers Aviation Memoirs: 50 Years of Flying Fun - From Hunter to Spitfire and back again.

I just reinstalled DCS from scratch and my JHMCS isn't displaying. Any other tips to get it working? I tried the RECCE button {R} (keyboard) and that didn't do anything.

Just checking you have powered it on (twist knob on the RHS of the cockpit)

Edited by hornblower793

Windows 11 Home ¦ Z790 AORUS Elite AX motherboard ¦ i7-13700K ¦ 64GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5 memory @ 5600MHz ¦ Samsung 990 Pro 1TB SSD for OS, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB SSD for DCS ¦ MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24GB ¦ Virpil WarBRD base with VFX grip, Thrustmaster A10c and F/A-18 grips ¦ VKB Gunfighter Mk4 and MCG Pro ¦ Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle ¦ VKB STECS Throttle ¦ Virpil TCS rotor base with Shark and AH-64D  grips ¦ MFG Crosswinds ¦ Total Controls Multi-Function Button Box ¦ Pimax Crystal