Operation "Blue Flag" - 24/7 PvP Campaign - ROUND 9

gregzagk

Any word on changing the era to allow -10C's or coming back to 1.5? Blue flag is my favorite by far, just can't justify buying a different model just to fly on it.

Goon

ASUS ROG Maximus VII |Intel i7-7700K@ 4.80Mhz|CORSAIR Vengeance LPX 32GB DDR4 @ 3000 |GTX 1080 Ti | Windows10-64bit| 3x24" Samsung 1080p| 1x 28" Samsung 4k| Thrustmaster Warthog| Saitek Rudder pedals| TrackIR 5 | Samsung Odyssey

u dont have a single one of these planes - your missing out on some great modules...

To each their own, I've just never gotten into them.

Goon

ASUS ROG Maximus VII |Intel i7-7700K@ 4.80Mhz|CORSAIR Vengeance LPX 32GB DDR4 @ 3000 |GTX 1080 Ti | Windows10-64bit| 3x24" Samsung 1080p| 1x 28" Samsung 4k| Thrustmaster Warthog| Saitek Rudder pedals| TrackIR 5 | Samsung Odyssey

I have just seen one SU25 throwing a guided A-G missile towards a blue air defense. Wasn't that supposed not to happen?

Yes red side can use the ML and the big L version. Both are laser guided. But pls keep in mind: You have a very limited range for the laser to be locked to the ground, you have to aim the laser with your eyes and hud. Its nothing more than a normal ffar with a bigger warhead and you actutally hit what you are aming for (still miss a lot). Overall the performance of the SU25 that i have seen was poorly for taking out targets (some exceptions in skilled pilots though). I dont think this needs to be changed.

I would advise one change to the bombers though:

Currently theres a huge bomber spam and i think its ok. The bombers are announcend and you can easily track the route. One big porblem occured when red captured Boulder. Blue bombers spawn 10miles away and in most cases theres no way to react to an incoming bomber. Maybe we could see a change there.

Map needs reset. We just finnished it ;) Was a lot of fun!:thumbup:

I don't think there is any problem with the current bomber setup except what we saw today and parkblank described it.

When redfor strategically captures all the surrounding objectives, the bombers from the bluefor team spawn 10nm away from the objective they are supposed to bomb and there is not time to shoot them down and the coinciding bomber spam is then in full force. I think maybe having a few "key" airfields that can only spawn bombers. If those get captured by the opposing team bomber support would not be available.

I would also love to see the cold war era jets brought in. Maybe even as scouts as well? But instead of bomber support they can spawn or activate an artillery barrage or something? idk just spitballing here. Just having them as another fighter life would be great too.

Definitely love the server and the group of gents playing on it. Met some great people recently.

Thanks again to all those guys putting together the scripts and making this server possible.

Ciribob especially! who singlehandedly made DCS for me with his CTLD and SAR scripts alone.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]1000 miles of road will take you around town, a 1000 feet of runway can take you around the world...unless your in a Huey, you can go anywhere with no runway in a Huey!

multiplayer name ''DustOff=3=6''

Map reset, really surprised that Red captured the whole map, Vegas would've been very very difficult. Well done!

Sorry away at the minute so only managed to reset via tethering ( so obviously no map changes)

Bombers have had bomb count reduced from 3 to 2 to see how it goes.

Reset the TacView Dropbox as well but it will automatically start filling up again.

Enjoy! :)

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Scripts: Complete Transport And Logistics Deployment - CTLD / CTLD Examples - Lots of example of how to use CTLD

CSAR Script - Downed Pilot Rescue / Dedicated Server Script - Automatically launch DCS Multiplayer server at startup

Range Scoring Script - Get scores and counts hits on targets for gunnery or bombs / SimpleSlotBlock - Multiplayer dynamic Slot Blocking Script

Projects: DCS-SimpleRadio Standalone - DCS Radio Integration for All Aircraft - NO TeamSpeak Required! :)

DCS-SimpleRadio Troubleshooting Post / DCS-SimpleRadio Free Support Channel on Discord

Map reset, really surprised that Red captured the whole map, Vegas would've been very very difficult. Well done!

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

It was surprisingly easy. 2 Bombers per airfield and its closed. All the 25s together maybe destroyed 10-15 ground targets together. Main work was just flying around capturing intel and calling bombers. I dont think its a big problem but if theres no blue to hold back bombers you can steamroll very fast.

The only downside is: Flying attacker is pretty much useless. Bombers are the way to go.

It was surprisingly easy. 2 Bombers per airfield and its closed. All the 25s together maybe destroyed 10-15 ground targets together. Main work was just flying around capturing intel and calling bombers. I dont think its a big problem but if theres no blue to hold back bombers you can steamroll very fast.

The only downside is: Flying attacker is pretty much useless. Bombers are the way to go.

This is a big concern.

With the strikers and fighters having a nice selection of A2G weapons it's a shame not to prioritise teams using them.

Recon is far more effective than ground attackers which makes it more focused on being a fighter v fighter scenario. It takes a lot of striker time and ability to close an airfield compared to recon aircraft. Maybe toning down bomber effectiveness might help.

With the more modern BF the recon and bomber aircraft had a tougher time getting to target.

"[51☭] FROSTIE" #55

51st PVO "BISONS"

Fastest MiG pilot in the world - TCR'10

https://100kiap.org

It would be interesting if there was one target per team that when destroyed would prevent bombers, however would repair in 30 min or so and could not be capture. Therefore, one sneaky pilot could at least stall a steam roll until help arrives. I imagine a factory heavily guarded, but only the primary building need be damaged. I imagine a target like "Sam city" from flight of the intruder.

Sent from my LG-K330 using Tapatalk

Can I throw my hat into the ring as far as suggesting we get the A-10C but VERY limited? I mean you can make it match the A-10A capabilities right?

You cant make it match the capabilities. The RWR alone makes you invulnerable to any missile threat since they get spooked by 2 flares only. And then you add on top all that fancy electronical stuff you can mark targets (even without your targeting pod) with hud, last point of weapon attack and stuff. Plus it gets 4 pretty good A2A missiles + high manouverability. Have fun killing it with a Mig assuming the A10 pilot has a decent amount of skill.

And then on the other hand you have the SU25 which is not really a charm when it comes to taking out ground targets.

Maybe we could make it work if for example blue gets A10C and red Viggen. Both with limites acces to Mavs (high demand of supply routes). I gues it would work better with A10A vs Viggen though.

I could see a10c blue and red viggen but you would have to really be careful with the a10. Our squad mate A10 pilot Bert said he could easily wipe out the entire map with probably less than a full load of guns alone with the stabilization systems now working in 2.1 He is a professional A10 pilot and master at his craft, but perhaps limiting the guns to 50% capacity and Maybe only unguided bombs allowed in the rearm menu and not allowing aim9m.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]1000 miles of road will take you around town, a 1000 feet of runway can take you around the world...unless your in a Huey, you can go anywhere with no runway in a Huey!

why not leave the a10a, its alright isnt it? Just shoot down the bombers. Easy fix:)

I wasn't suggesting removing the a10a just maybe a10c "in addition too.."

Perhaps divide all the a10a slots in half and put the other half to the a10c

i think i maybe missed it but whats the point of adding the a-10c and basically nerfing it to an a variant?

i like the idea that bombers have just certain airfields to spawn on, that would be interesting and make up for another tactical goal. also it would be great if the team would depend more on there strikers, i also think that the bombers are just too affective and the main way to go when capturing airfields.

do they spawn in the air? would be awesome if they could take off the runway.

Edited by rogonaut

I played Su25 fairly often in the previous iterations. I can usually close a small airfield like Echo Bay in one load of 32x FAB-100s + guns. But it takes quite a long time, and I am pretty helpless to any fighters and the occasional overlooked SAM. Considering the time it takes to close a base this way with one striker, I think one way the bomber system could be changed would be to require the intel gathering aircraft to land back at a friendly airbase to deliver the intel. This would then make it a more thoughtful decision on whether to use a bomber call or a striker. Each has its advantages in this case, and both take some amount of time. This also prevents bomber spam by one recon plane calling in 3 bombers at once over the vegas fields.

Can put bombers back to 2 closing an entire airfield, because it will take a little more time to call in two of them.