June 2014 Update

Wags

Well this is a shame but thank you ED for taking the reins.

I would like to hear some more about how this happened but I realize this is not the time.

Thank you again ED.

P.S. What does this mean for DSC WW2 in terms of other theatres, I had taken for granted that RRG would expand into the east front and Africa etc...

P.S.S. I wish all the best to Luthier, life has clearly given him a hard time of late.

Windows 10 Pro | ASUS RANGER VIII | i5 6600K @ 4.6GHz| MSI RTX 2060 SUPER | 32GB RAM | Corsair H100i | Corsair Carbide 540 | HP Reverb G2 | MFG crosswind Pedals | Custom Spitfire Cockpit

Project IX Cockpit

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If everyone was expecting Luthier to fail like many are saying in this thread, why did they back the Kickstarter in the first place?

Simple, we saw what he was trying to do with Clod and we liked it and we soon found out that BoS was not aiming for the same attention to detail as we had come to find in Clod and given ED dedication to detail we knew what to expect.

Plus, I think all the negative comments you are seeing here are due to the lack of communication over the last two months that have soured people against him just like it did over at the banana forums.

• Like 1

Windows 10 Pro | ASUS RANGER VIII | i5 6600K @ 4.6GHz| MSI RTX 2060 SUPER | 32GB RAM | Corsair H100i | Corsair Carbide 540 | HP Reverb G2 | MFG crosswind Pedals | Custom Spitfire Cockpit

Project IX Cockpit

Any confirmation on what's happening with the EDGE map editor that was promised to backers? I know the editor was going to be locked to dcs ww2 however the community and I are very interested in getting a jump start on creating our own content for DCS in general.

If you released the EGDE tools now there could potentially be several high quality fan made maps by the time EDGE is released in DCS world.

Any confirmation on what's happening with the EDGE map editor that was promised to backers? I know the editor was going to be locked to dcs ww2 however the community and I are very interested in getting a jump start on creating our own content for DCS in general.

If you released the EGDE tools now there could potentially be several high quality fan made maps by the time EDGE is released in DCS world.

I'd also like to know that.

What's the status on SDK?

Thank you Wags for letting us know. The solely reason of my backing was ED's involvement in this, as it turns out a good failsafe option.

All that is to be determined, they want to try and keep things as close to the KS as possible I am sure.

Since dependent on the backing level 50$ equals all flyable plans for free in DCS WWII which is now delayed for over a year, does this mean we will have to purchase them again to have them flyable in DCS World?

EDIT:

DCS WWII: Europe 1944 is still planned as a single-package option, or users can purchase individual components to integrate into DCS World.

I guess that answers my question...

Edited by T}{OR

P8Z68 | 2500k @ 4.5 | GTX 1080Ti | 2x8 GB @ 1600 | TM Hog (extended 7cm) & MFG Crosswind (S/N 007) | TIR v5

WWII bomber formations | DCS P-51D: [TEST] TO distance / gross weight / temperature

Well this is a shame but thank you ED for taking the reins.

I would like to hear some more about how this happened but I realize this is not the time.

Thank you again ED.

P.S. What does this mean for DSC WW2 in terms of other theatres, I had taken for granted that RRG would expand into the east front and Africa etc...

P.S.S. I wish all the best to Luthier, life has clearly given him a hard time of late.

I'm sure, once DCS WW2 is finally out, we'll see more third parties producing content. Knowing ED, they're going to do an excellent job and many WW2 fans will switch over to DCS.

This is unexpected news, but I'm really glad ED has the reins now. They've always produced excellent sims and while they take their time, have always delivered.

As far as Luther is concerned, l agree, let's cut him some slack. We don't know the circumstances under which he left the project and for all we know they could be quite personal.

• Like 1

PC Specs / Hardware: MSI z370 Gaming Plus Mainboard, Intel 8700k @ 5GHz, MSI Sea Hawk 2080 Ti @ 2100MHz, 32GB 3200 MHz DDR4 RAM

Displays: Philips BDM4065UC 60Hz 4K UHD Screen, Pimax 8KX

Controllers / Peripherals: VPC MongoosT-50, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, modded MS FFB2/CH Combatstick, MFG Crosswind Pedals, Gametrix JetSeat

I'd also like to know that.

What's the status on SDK?

Wouldn't expect any SDK until after Edge has been fully released and bedded in as part of 1.30. We'll find out more in due course. Veao also plan to look at maps but they've said they're in the same position as us. For us users to put a map together in edge us going to be a lot of work and would likely require a project team to collaborate. If you're eager to get started the first step would be to gather that team together and start drafting out roles and responsibilities, figure out what map to do, get real life plans, etc. There's a lot of ground work that should start now in advance of any SDK release.

Wouldn't expect any SDK until after Edge has been fully released and bedded in as part of 1.30. We'll find out more in due course. Veao also plan to look at maps but they've said they're in the same position as us. For us users to put a map together in edge us going to be a lot of work and would likely require a project team to collaborate. If you're eager to get started the first step would be to gather that team together and start drafting out roles and responsibilities, figure out what map to do, get real life plans, etc. There's a lot of ground work that should start now in advance of any SDK release.

No team necessary for creating a map. In other flight sims, individuals have made better maps than those that shipped with vanilla game.

Not every map that users will make, will be a good map. But some will be magnificent.

That is offcourse, if we're given the chance to make them.

No team necessary for creating a map. In other flight sims, individuals have made better maps than those that shipped with vanilla game.

Maps with modern flight sims have greatly increased in complexity. A team will be required to make a good quality map in Edge. There's terrain, period 3D objects, artwork, etc. all to be modelled initially as they won't exist in any early SDK release. I think you're vastly underestimating the amount of work that will be involved and skill sets required to release a good quality map. ED and RRG have (or had) whole teams of professionals dedicated to this process. It's not going to be any different for us.

Maps with modern flight sims have greatly increased in complexity. A team will be required to make a good quality map in Edge. There's terrain, period 3D objects, artwork, etc. all to be modelled initially as they won't exist in any early SDK release. I think you're vastly underestimating the amount of work that will be involved and skill sets required to release a good quality map. ED and RRG have (or had) whole teams of professionals dedicated to this process. It's not going to be any different for us.

There is a lot of work but it can be done and has been done before by non-professional individuals. And not just in modern flight sims but also in others games.

Anyways, this discussion is pointless until we get our hands on the SDK itself.

Simple, we saw what he was trying to do with Clod and we liked it and we soon found out that BoS was not aiming for the same attention to detail as we had come to find in Clod and given ED dedication to detail we knew what to expect.

Plus, I think all the negative comments you are seeing here are due to the lack of communication over the last two months that have soured people against him just like it did over at the banana forums.

complety agree with you

| I9 9900K | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS XI HERO] |16 GB DDR4 HyperX 3466 MHz | SSD EVO 840 1 TB | MSI 2080TI GAMING X TRIO | ASUS ROG SWIFT PG278Q 27" 2560 X 1440 | TRACK IR 5 | THERMALTAKE CORE X9 | HOTAS WARTHOG |MFG CROSSWIND|

I backed this up, but I don't complain about how it ended.

No need, ED is moving it on and we should be happy with that.

Lets hope we get some planes to fly later and be happy for that.

Amazing pics on 109/190!

Win 10 64. GTX1080 ti 11 Gb, Intel i-5, 16 Gb ram, SSD 1,5 Tb, 2 Terrabyte HD, Monitor ASUS XG32V 144Hz, Slaw Milans Rudder Pedals BF109F :thumbup:, Joystick - HOTAS Warthog, Throttle - HOTAS Warthog, TrackIR V5. Pimax 5.

I backed this up, but I don't complain about how it ended. No need, ED is moving it on and we should be happy with that. Lets hope we get some planes to fly later and be happy for that. Amazing pics on 109/190!

Я был бы в двойне счастлив, если бы новая команда включила в Playset Heinkel 111 :)

Я был бы в двойне счастлив, если бы новая команда включила в Playset Heinkel 111 :)

Agreed, I would hope that ED or VEAO would announce some bomber aircraft in the future :).

Project IX Cockpit

I would like to thank ED for finally getting a handle on this......

I will of course think more than twice about contributing to another crowd funding project...but I am confident that ED will deliver the on the commitments made to backers.

Open question is . Will backers get early access to all the modules....and will early access be at an Alpha or Beta level?

Velocity MicroI7-4790 Windows 7 Home Premium 16Gigs RAM EVGA NVIDIA GTX 1070 500GB SSD TM Hotas Warthog

I backed... I'm not even going to complain, we should have known really. I trust ED much more tbh and feel sorry for them having this dumped onto them.

Is it possible now to just make this part of DCS World rather than a separate program? I still hate the Idea of splitting up DCS World.

[sIGPIC]sigpic67951_1.gif[/sIGPIC]

I'm just worried about one little detail... my backing of the KS granted me 4 flyables of my choice between those available.

Now that this shift happened, how economically viable is for ED to maintain someone else's vow?

Not to bash but Blackshark 1 & 2?

I'm really sorry if I sound mean... I'm just concerned... a bit.

...Is it possible now to just make this part of DCS World rather than a separate program? I still hate the Idea of splitting up DCS World.

I agree, it should be a part of DCS World.

Splitting is the opposite idea of DCS World, and it will make the updates\open beta more complicated for the developers.

Edited by SchniX