TekaTeka

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

great mod teka :thumbup: this should be a sticky i recon

:pilotfly:

NotiA10

CoolerMaster HAF RC-932 - Intel Core i7 950 - Arctic Cooling Freezer 7 Pro - Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R - Kingston DDR3 6GB - Gigabyte Radeon HD 5870 EF 6 Edition - Western Digital 640GB SATA-III - CoolerMaster 700W - TrackIR Pro 4 - Saitek X52 - Saitek Rudder Pedals - Hotas Warthog

Wow..I came......a few times.......a lot.

This is phenomenal, I didn't know anything like this was possible, and the before /after shots really show a difference. This is what I've always been looking for, but never thought possible without a massive FPS hit.

The terrain definitely looks more lush and dense now, and trees don't look like ghosts.

Honestly though, because BS is so focused on the ground warfare, I think this is a very important mod that should be taken seriously by ED and incorporated into BS at once. This would definitely add another sense and dimension to the helicopter warfare scene. Now you CAN actually use the trees as cover against other heli's online, and can't just fire right through trees as they are no longer see through!

SU-30MKI

simvavatarhornetqg8.jpg

F/A-18F

...Beauty, grace, lethality.

Great stuff TekaTeka! :thumbup:

I have one question for you (not related to this mod)... do you have any idea what the part for surface = XXXXX, XXXXX; in graphics.cfg file does? I've tried setting this from default 20000, 80000 to 50000, 50000 and 40000, 60000 and 10000, 20000 and even 0, 0 and I can't tell any difference in ground looks :huh: You have any idea what these values are for?

No longer active in DCS...

Moderators, thank you for changing the thread title. Now people can see the update.:thumbup:

I have one question for you (not related to this mod)... do you have any idea what the part for surface = XXXXX, XXXXX; in graphics.cfg file does? I've tried setting this from default 20000, 80000 to 50000, 50000 and 40000, 60000 and 10000, 20000 and even 0, 0 and I can't tell any difference in ground looks :huh: You have any idea what these values are for?

I don't know. I found "objects" was connected with the labels before. But, "dynamic", "mirage", "lights"...there are many mysteries yet.

Colt, thanks for the pictures. I think the Lock On scenery with improved trees is much better than IL-2 or FSX.

Here is the original screenshot used for the mod logo.

newtreessampledi4.th.jpg

TekaTeka from Japan

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Visit my site Beyond Visual Range.

What values did you use for this screenshot (if you can remember) and also what amount of AF did you use? The trees look perfect on this screenshot.

The visible range is 15000 and AF is 8X. But these are only for the advertisement shot.:music_whistling: I use much lower settings for actual flying. The season can be the reason of the nice look. It's spring.

• Like 1

TekaTeka from Japan

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Visit my site Beyond Visual Range.