DCS: F-16CM Block 50 by EDSA Discussion Thread

NineLine

I think the F-18C is a bit different though as they modeled the final production lot of the aircraft. Can't really do that with the Viper. But you're right, I simply assumed they would do an aircraft with an MMC. I'd be very disappointed if they did an older aircraft with the XFCC/XCIU.

Version/model of F-16 planned by dcs

Hey guys

Is there any information as to which of the model, block of the f-16 that is planned by Ed?

Windows 10 Pro 64bit|Ryzen 5600 @3.8Ghz|EVGA RTX 3070 XC3 Ultra|Corair vengence 32G DDR4 @3200mhz|MSI B550|Thrustmaster Flightstick| Virpil CM3 Throttle| Thrustmaster TFRP Rudder Pedal /Samsung Odyssey Plus Headset

That is a good variant of the F-16. My guess is that F-16Viper vaariant would lack adequate and legally free public information to be modelled.

Thanks Mike for the information.

Windows 10 Pro 64bit|Ryzen 5600 @3.8Ghz|EVGA RTX 3070 XC3 Ultra|Corair vengence 32G DDR4 @3200mhz|MSI B550|Thrustmaster Flightstick| Virpil CM3 Throttle| Thrustmaster TFRP Rudder Pedal /Samsung Odyssey Plus Headset

That is a good variant of the F-16. My guess is that F-16Viper vaariant would lack adequate and legally free public information to be modelled.

Thanks Mike for the information.

Viper variant? What do you mean?

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Thank you for you patience.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

I think the F-18C is a bit different though as they modeled the final production lot of the aircraft. Can't really do that with the Viper. But you're right, I simply assumed they would do an aircraft with an MMC. I'd be very disappointed if they did an older aircraft with the XFCC/XCIU.

I don't know what they are making. To me it does not matter which version of the USAF F-16 block 50 they do. 1991 version or one from 2012. As long as it is well modeled and not an amalgam of different ones.

I hope everyone has realistic expectation of the F-16 tho.

Hell if they make a 1980, USAF Block 5, I would still love it, specially since it has never been properly modeled in a sim.

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

I think he's saying the F-16V Block 70 doesn't have enough public information to be modeled and that the Block 50 was a good choice.

Have they made any Block 70? I know ROCAF and HAF want and are converting F-16 to that standard. Bahrain and Slovakia are interested or are trying to get some. But have they made any new from factory block 70?

Edited by mvsgas

To whom it may concern,

Viper variant? What do you mean?
Oh! I was referring to the one done in 2012(so I read) with the aesa radar and big central mpcd display. F-16 launched in Singapore airshow in 2012.The F-16 has so many variants it get me confused.

Oh! I was referring to the one done in 2012(so I read) with the aesa radar and big central mpcd display. F-16 launched in Singapore airshow in 2012.The F-16 has so many variants it get me confused.

Non of those F-16 in 2012 where block 70 nor F-16V. I have seen Singapore block 52+ ( Very similar to Israle's F-16I)

I wish I could say is simple to tell all the version apart, but is not. I try to think of it in terms of the country, the unit, the block the year. So a USAF F-16C block 40, in Kunsan AB, circa 2012 would be very like to be Updated block 40 to CCIP standard, with JHMCS, AIM-9X some PGM, not double smart rack (BRU-57) No SDB, etc.

For years I thought I knew everything on the F-16 because I work on them. ( was dumb and young)....I am still a dumbass, but now I am aware of my limited brain capacity and I know that there is a lot about the F-16 I don't know.

Edited by mvsgas

To whom it may concern,

They unveiled the F-16V at the Singapore airshow in 2012, I think that's what he's talking about.

https://www.defenseindustrydaily.com/singapores-steps-modernizing-the-rsafs-f-16-fleet-017430/

http://www.f-16.net/f-16-news-article4521.html

47-1.jpg

I know they announce the F-16V, but I wanted to make sure he and others understand that non of those aircraft where F-16V. The F-16 . net photo is an UAE F-16E block 60 and the Photo of the Pit look like an F-16AM, probably testing. The F-16AM cockpits ( Not all ) is the only ones I have seen with that sensor just below the HUD, above the ICP. If you find a large photo, the tail number is on the left side of the pit, right above the three green for the landing gear. To the right of the tail number, that panels also is indicative of an A model, with the Chute switch and the SMS power switch (likely Netherlands or Norway block 10)....I can remember the proper name. Weapons Master ARM Panel? :dunno:

[ATTACH]200725[/ATTACH]

Edited by mvsgas

To whom it may concern,

These photos are the first production F-16V that flew in 2015.

Yeah, as I posted before. That is ROCAF conversion, not newly build. ED tail is obvious for testing. Man I was close for a wild guess. It was an A model.

To whom it may concern,

Most of the hornet's weapon systems are also used by F-16.

So, can we assume that we are not going to wait another one year for weapons to be implemented like we have been doing for the hornet?

Can maverick, flir, AA radar, AG radar be implemented easily to F-16, or are they going to be done from the scracth like in hornet?

Personally...I applaud the way the hornet has been rolled out. I feel like I have far more useable knowledge of its systems and their use than I have of say the A-10 which I've had since it was released. Despite what some would say I think we have a far more stable asset because they are doing it this way. Easier to squash bugs one at a time verses all at once.

I'd prefer to see the F-16 be released the same way.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Primary Computer

ASUS Z390-P, i7-9700K CPU @ 5.0Ghz, 32GB Patriot Viper Steel DDR4 @ 3200Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce 1070 Ti AMP Extreme, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe drives (1Tb & 500 Gb), Windows 10 Professional, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Warthog Stick, Thrustmaster Cougar Throttle, Cougar MFDs x3, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals and TrackIR 5.

-={TAC}=-DCS Server

Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3, i7-3770K CPU @ 3.90GHz, 32GB G.SKILL Ripjaws DDR3 @ 1600Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce® GTX 970.

As long as it is well modeled and not an amalgam of different ones

This times 1000. I want an airplane that actually exists/has existed, not a Franken-Viper.

and big central mpcd display

A lot of ANG Block 30's have the new center screen. The 179th might have them as the only ANG squadron flying Block 50s, but I'm not aware of any other USAF Block 50 that has it.

In any case, I seriously doubt we'll see that in DCS.

I'd prefer to see the F-16 be released the same way

With as much as I've shit on early access in the past, I have to agree. It's not perfect, but they are doing a good job.

Are usaf block 50s scheduled to get the CDU/CPD?

I assume you mean the center display

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3647181&postcount=372

USAF Block 42 F-16C, after CCIP upgrade are getting them so I do not see a reason why block 50 would not.

Edited by mvsgas

To whom it may concern,

MMC info

All but the earliest Block 50 models have been upgraded to Block 50D standard.

According to CodeOneMagazine; "New-production Block 50/52 aircraft ordered after 1996 include color multifunction displays, the modular mission computer, and a multichannel video recorder." The Lockheed Martin F-16 A/B MLU Production Tape M1 "Pilot's Guide" I have (declassified, available on the internet via FOI) dated 15 November 1998 definitely refers to MMC functionality.

This modification replaces the General Avionics Computer (GAC) with a Modular Mission Computer (MMC) and any associated prerequisite modifications (i.e., Battery Charger Control Unit

(BCCU)). Block 40 aircraft will also be modified to support CAS IDM equipment. The MMC will increase core computer capability to allow incorporation of advanced capabilities such as Joint

Helmet Mounted Cueing System and smart weapons. As lead mod for CCIP aircraft, MMC installations are a precursor for incorporating Link 16 and other weapon system enhancements on F-16

aircraft. Also upgrades MMC as required to support common Block 50/52 40/42 software required to reduce lifecycle sustainment costs, and provides depot repair equipment. Aircraft installation

number is lower than current Combat Air Force numbers due to anticipated attrition. Kit installation schedule is built around fluctuating F-16 Air Expeditionary Force (AEF) commitments.

Squadrons will stand down during the conversion process and must complete installations in time to meet the next AEF commitment. Procurement schedule reflects economic order quantities to

support minimum contract production levels. This mod is baselined with MN 610250, Color Display; MN 661650, Link 16; MN650050, JHMCS; and MN 612150, AAI. Note: Diminishing

Manufacturing Sources (DMS) costs are rolled into Install Kits and Equipment unit costs. These costs fluctuate year to year per the plan set forth in the contract; therefore, unit costs will also

fluctuate.

More on page 32-9 and 32-10. Thia is a direct PDF link

https://www.saffm.hq.af.mil/Portals/84/documents/FY07/AFD-070214-052.pdf?ver=2016-08-22-120711-020

Edited by mvsgas

To whom it may concern,

There is no black and white answer. Like most things on the F-16 it depends. When it was first introduce, it was mainly for SEAD/DEAD, so the units that had them mostly train for those missions and when the aircraft was deployed, it mostly did those specific missions. But over time the aircraft get updated with new capabilities, different units get different tasking and so on. Then there is block 50 on other countries.

So, currently, USAF, block 50 with CCIP ( and others) upgrade on most units can do all those missions and so can the USAF block 40, 42 and 52. Other countries it depends what equipment they bought, what equipment US sold them and a few other factors.

For example, Iraq's block 52 can only carry AIM-9M/L/S and no AGM-88.

To whom it may concern,

I just would love to see one variant with livery that was stationed at Spanddahlem AFB.

Growing up in the Eifel Region of Germany, Spangdahlem AFB F-16s were a common sight back then for me. Having had the privilege to sit in an 52nd FW F-16 in Hangar-1 at SP AFB back then really solidified my passion for mil aviation, and getting to fly the F-16 in DCS is really the pinnacle of the hobby for me personally.

Some Block-50 variants that flew out of Spang (both 52nd FW and 22nd FSs):

az4b1s4.png

p0KkHaJ.png

oPG2VFR.png

GkQK8Aw.png

qdvT28V.png

Zgl2FQL.png

kPYH4yK.png

6VETxMg.png

LK2gkwn.png

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

In the USAF, it started with HTS, no targeting pod AFIK. Other countries have different systems and have the HTS capabilities integrated into the aircraft internal avionics while others just use the missiles own systems to target Radars.

USAF Block 50 only started to use targeting pods late 2000, IIRC, after the CCIP upgrades. Other have not got that capability still to this day.

To whom it may concern,

There is no black and white answer. Like most things on the F-16 it depends. When it was first introduce, it was mainly for SEAD/DEAD, so the units that had them mostly train for those missions and when the aircraft was deployed, it mostly did those specific missions. But over time the aircraft get updated with new capabilities, different units get different tasking and so on. Then there is block 50 on other countries.

So, currently, USAF, block 50 with CCIP ( and others) upgrade on most units can do all those missions and so can the USAF block 40, 42 and 52. Other countries it depends what equipment they bought, what equipment US sold them and a few other factors.

For example, Iraq's block 52 can only carry AIM-9M/L/S and no AGM-88.

Thanks for answer man, I hope we will get USAF F-16 blk.50 in DCS:World, with all those capabilities...

And one more question: Is F-16 blk.50 have additional integrated fuel tanks, like block 60/70?

..:NAVY PILOTS ARE THE THE BEST PILOTS:..

In the USAF, it started with HTS, no targeting pod AFIK. Other countries have different systems and have the HTS capabilities integrated into the aircraft internal avionics while others just use the missiles own systems to target Radars.

USAF Block 50 only started to use targeting pods late 2000, IIRC, after the CCIP upgrades. Other have not got that capability still to this day.

Thanks.

So we can assume that we will get HTS and probably CCIP upgrades too depending on the info out.