Anti-ship and anti-radar missiles for Su-33?

Maverick Su-35S

I would also hope that we are wrong because I would like this option for the Su-33 which is a real impressive plane in my opinion.

Don't bother. The correction was removing the Kh-41 since the air launched variant simply does not exist.

But like you stated "can carry" it is the same as the F-15C with bombs. The Eagle can carry bombs but was never fielded with them so we wont get the option from ED.

The eagle can carry and employ bombs, and AFAIK these days they even train delivering certain guided A2G munitions. The Su-33 could never carry or employ the Kh-41, and it gained the ability to use certain weapons speculated by Jane's defense only recently.

You are correct that this situation is rare and F-15Cs are not pressed into that role - certainly it wouldn't be right for the version we have in FC3, so that's all fine.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

• ED Team

Su-33 do not carry any guided AG missiles and antiship also.

Kh-41 was only mockup without any real flight test.

We do not have intend to implement hipotetic variants. DCS is not pulp fiction game.

Единственный урок, который можно извлечь из истории, состоит в том, что люди не извлекают из истории никаких уроков. (С) Джордж Бернард Шоу

Wikipedia has not a valid source, the Su-33 never was implemented with guided air to ground weapons. That has only rockets and bombs.

Ok. Thanks for confirmation! I couldn't know if wiki is wrong there too about Su-33.

Edited by Maverick Su-35S

When you can't prove something with words, let the maths do the talking.

I have an insatiable passion for helping simulated aircraft fly realistically!

Sincerely, your correct flight model simulation advisor!

The funny thing is these forums are literally brimming over with experts and RL pilots...

Hmm..., that's the reason why many aircraft in DCS have flight model problems, because they're done by real life pilots and experts, right? You're being sarcastic I believe? Sorry, this is a whole different story and it's not related to this thread and my answer is off topic, but... I just couldn't stand to see that without giving the right reply!

No hard feelings, but this is how it is!

As for coming back to our subject, because I don't know much about it and don't have the patience to look into it, I personally accept what the first people said: that the Su-33 isn't a dedicated anti-ship platform.

Regards!

Edited by Maverick Su-35S

When you can't prove something with words, let the maths do the talking.

I have an insatiable passion for helping simulated aircraft fly realistically!

Sincerely, your correct flight model simulation advisor!

• 3 months later...

Russian air force modernized Su 33 to Su 33M!

Модернизация до Су-33М

Корпорация Сухой с 2002 года проводит ремонт и модернизацию самолётов до уровня Су-33М. Всего модернизировано 19 истребителей Су-33. По данным на 5 октября 2010 года, компания «Сухой» проводила наземные и лётные испытания модернизированных истребителей Су-33[15][16]

Существующие планы на модернизацию самолёта до уровня Су-33М сводятся к расширению функций при выполнении задач по разведке, целеуказанию и уничтожению наземных (морских) целей[17][17]:

• Модернизация двигателей или замена их на новые АЛ-31Ф-М1 с ресурсом на 1500 взлётов и посадок[8];
  • Установка систем спутниковой навигации GPS/ГЛОНАСС;
  • Установка высокоточной системы бомбометания СВП-24[9];
  • Установка станции предупреждения об облучении Л-150.
  • Модернизация Су-33 проводится на авиационном заводе "Сухого" им. Юрия Гагарина в Комсомольске-на-Амуре, а также силами 20-го авиаремонтного завода в городе Пушкине. Как правило, самолёты перегоняются на заводы небольшими партиями, по 2-4 машины. В рамках модернизации Су-33, производятся следующие работы:
    • Продление ресурса планера
    • Установка новых, более мощных двигателей АЛ-31Ф-М1. Данный двигатель имеет увеличенную до 13500 килограмм тягу в режиме форсажа. Для сравнение - "базовый" двигатель АЛ-31Ф 3-й серии, которыми оснащались Су-33 имели тягу в 12800 кг (при этом по сравнению с "обычным" АЛ-31Ф, которыми оснащались Су-27 двигатели Су-33 имели повышенную на 300 кг тягу). АЛ-31Ф-М1 имеет увеличенный до 2000 часов общий ресурс и до 1000 часов - межремонтный, обладает более совершенной цифровой системой управления и меньшим, по сравнению с "базовым" двигателем расходом топлива.
    • Замена станции предупреждения об облучении СПО-15 "Берёза" на современную, гораздо более совершенную станцию Л-150 "Пастель", которой оснащаются все новые и модернизированные самолёты и вертолёты ВВС России.
    • Замена приборного оборудования кабины.
    • Установка нового прицельно-навигационного комплекса с подсистемой бомбометания СВП-24-33 "Гефест".
    • По неподтверждённым данным в ходе модернизации Су-33 получают возможность применения и управляемого ракетного оружия класса "воздух-поверхность"

And the L150 RWR on the assembly plant!

attachment.php?attachmentid=157995&d=1488041137

Interesting picture Su 33 weapons!

19015_2_tru01678_14.jpg

Edited by 3G0

• 1 year later...

I know that the devs are saying that its not realistic, but maybe, if russia didn't have a economic crysis in the 90ies and would have been able to modernize their aircrafts, the Su-33 might have had these capabilities. And as long as we can not have a capable russian multi role plane, i would really welcome it when the SU-33 gets some of the air to ground capabilities back, which it had in earlier Flaming cliffs/Lock On/Flanker 2.5 versions.

I hope ED can give these capabilities as an option, at the moment the russian planes are so beautiful, but quite useless.:cry:

Bye, Smith

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i5-9600K @5ghz, 11GB ZOTAC GeForce RTX 2080 Ti Twin Fan, 32GB (2x 16384MB) Corsair Vengeance LPX schwarz DDR4-3000 DIMM, 1000GB WD Black SN750 Gaming M.2, HP Reverb HMD, TM Warthog Hotas Stick & Throttle, Realsimulator FSSB R3 Stickbase, TM TPR pedals

Russian aircraft in DCS are far from useless. You may not have all the modern bells and whistles, but these aircraft can drop a lot of explosives on target.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

Russian air force modernized Su 33 to Su 33M!

Модернизация до Су-33М

Корпорация Сухой с 2002 года проводит ремонт и модернизацию самолётов до уровня Су-33М. Всего модернизировано 19 истребителей Су-33. По данным на 5 октября 2010 года, компания «Сухой» проводила наземные и лётные испытания модернизированных истребителей Су-33[15][16]

Существующие планы на модернизацию самолёта до уровня Су-33М сводятся к расширению функций при выполнении задач по разведке, целеуказанию и уничтожению наземных (морских) целей[17][17]:

• Модернизация двигателей или замена их на новые АЛ-31Ф-М1 с ресурсом на 1500 взлётов и посадок[8];
  • Установка систем спутниковой навигации GPS/ГЛОНАСС;
  • Установка высокоточной системы бомбометания СВП-24[9];
  • Установка станции предупреждения об облучении Л-150.
  • Модернизация Су-33 проводится на авиационном заводе "Сухого" им. Юрия Гагарина в Комсомольске-на-Амуре, а также силами 20-го авиаремонтного завода в городе Пушкине. Как правило, самолёты перегоняются на заводы небольшими партиями, по 2-4 машины. В рамках модернизации Су-33, производятся следующие работы:
    • Продление ресурса планера
    • Установка новых, более мощных двигателей АЛ-31Ф-М1. Данный двигатель имеет увеличенную до 13500 килограмм тягу в режиме форсажа. Для сравнение - "базовый" двигатель АЛ-31Ф 3-й серии, которыми оснащались Су-33 имели тягу в 12800 кг (при этом по сравнению с "обычным" АЛ-31Ф, которыми оснащались Су-27 двигатели Су-33 имели повышенную на 300 кг тягу). АЛ-31Ф-М1 имеет увеличенный до 2000 часов общий ресурс и до 1000 часов - межремонтный, обладает более совершенной цифровой системой управления и меньшим, по сравнению с "базовым" двигателем расходом топлива.
    • Замена станции предупреждения об облучении СПО-15 "Берёза" на современную, гораздо более совершенную станцию Л-150 "Пастель", которой оснащаются все новые и модернизированные самолёты и вертолёты ВВС России.
    • Замена приборного оборудования кабины.
    • Установка нового прицельно-навигационного комплекса с подсистемой бомбометания СВП-24-33 "Гефест".
    • По неподтверждённым данным в ходе модернизации Су-33 получают возможность применения и управляемого ракетного оружия класса "воздух-поверхность"

And the L150 RWR on the assembly plant!

attachment.php?attachmentid=157995&d=1488041137

Interesting picture Su 33 weapons!

19015_2_tru01678_14.jpg

Old info, and that weapons pic can be a Su-30.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3719185&postcount=12

It is clearly not a Su-30, as it has the single seat cockpit.

But that picture looks like it is from a manual from some plastic model, so not really a reliable source for aircraft loadouts. Especially when it shows ET's on all 8 inner stations. (Although ET can be used on non-cooled stations as well with a backup mode of the seeker)

Russian aircraft in DCS are far from useless. You may not have all the modern bells and whistles, but these aircraft can drop a lot of explosives on target.

But i have to get very close to the targets to hit something, most of the times i get too close. I don't like to risk a multi million dollar plane. Flying into AAA and dropping ungided bombs with a multi million dollar plane is quite unrealistic for a modern war.

I just would like to have the Su-33 as the russian multi role aircraft until ED makes a proper one, like a Su-27SM or something. For the moment the Su-33 is the only russian plane that can AAR. If it would have some simple and not overpowered AG capabilities i think it would be the plane of choice by a lot of people

In the old Flanker 2.5 Days the Su-33 even had the possibility to use Ground Radar. I wish i could carry all that amunition, the Su-30 and Su-34 can carry. Sorry for sounding a bit stupid

agmodesu-33wpk3h.png

Edited by Smith

Bye, Smith

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i5-9600K @5ghz, 11GB ZOTAC GeForce RTX 2080 Ti Twin Fan, 32GB (2x 16384MB) Corsair Vengeance LPX schwarz DDR4-3000 DIMM, 1000GB WD Black SN750 Gaming M.2, HP Reverb HMD, TM Warthog Hotas Stick & Throttle, Realsimulator FSSB R3 Stickbase, TM TPR pedals

But i have to get very close to the targets to hit something, most of the times i get too close. I don't like to risk a multi million dollar plane. Flying into AAA and dropping ungided bombs with a multi million dollar plane is quite unrealistic for a modern war.

I just would like to have the Su-33 as the russian multi role aircraft until ED makes a proper one, like a Su-27SM or something. For the moment the Su-33 is the only russian plane that can AAR. If it would have some simple and not overpowered AG capabilities i think it would be the plane of choice by a lot of people

In the old Flanker 2.5 Days the Su-33 even had the possibility to use Ground Radar. I wish i could carry all that amunition, the Su-30 and Su-34 can carry. Sorry for sounding a bit stupid

agmodesu-33wpk3h.png

The Flanker 2.5 is a Russian independent product. The current DCS is a western product with Russia programmers

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

You could fly missions that have an acceptable risk level then. You could have additional aircraft performing SEAD, as it would be done IRL.

It can drop bombs. If you want more, you can create mods for it.

The desire is understandable but a Su-33 is not a Su-30, 27SM, 35, or 34. It's a Su-33.

If you need SEAD you add Su-24s or 25s to do that job.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]