LOL look at this

dali

Porrima Simulations is a joint venture between Eventuality UK and VEAO Simulations. The two companies first came together as part of the design process for the Breitling flight simulator, with VEAO developing the Breitling Jet to use whilst they held their South East Asia tour.

Through the joint venture, Porrima Simulations is now actively using Eventuality’s and VEAO’s network, simulator resources and solutions to provide the high level of detail and systems compliance afforded to the market leading synthetic training solutions.

they were not capable to properly finish a DCS plane, and they claim to be able to pull this out? Yeah right...

Interesting... (agreed)

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

Well, in my opinion VEAO produced only scrap for DCS. I wonder, who wants a joint-venture with them? :doh:

A-10A, A-10C, A-10C II, AV-8B, F-5E, F-16C, F/A-18C, F-86F, Yak-52, Nevada, Persian Gulf, Syria, Supercarrier, Combined Arms, FW 190 A-8, FW 190 D-9, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, Normandy + WWII Assets Pack

LOL. In before thread closed. :lol: Since VEAO has decided to leave DCS, can we just keep this section active as the official shit-talking subforum? Come on Nineline, you know you want to join us! :thumbup:

That is funny! :megalol:

I don't need no stinkin' GPS! (except for PGMs :D) :pilotfly:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Well, some ED action mentioned by Chizh on the Russian forum (thanks to Google translate):

Hawk has been removed from the ED webstore:

m9ndSsd.png

ED will require the source code for all 3rd party devs:

Y2gxAik.png

All of this is reassuring that ED is doing the right thing here.

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

All of this is reassuring that ED is doing the right thing here.

I can see a lot of potential dev teams balking at the requirement to provide all source code to ED.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

I can see a lot of potential dev teams balking at the requirement to provide all source code to ED.

I'm a little surprised. I would expect some sort of an escrow provision, in the event of a 3rd party going out of business, etc. then again, I'm not a lawyer, but I have stayed at Holiday Inn's from time to time... ;)

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

They do not need the source code for every update, they just need a legal way how to acquire it if 3rd party gets awol. So I suppose a change in the contract will take place.

Do, or do not, there is no try.

--------------------------------------------------------

Sapphire Nitro+ Rx Vega 64, i7 4790K ... etc. etc.

You simply have to stipulate in the 3rd-Party contract, that if the 3rd-Party quits, ceases to exist (because the owners died and no one wants to take over the company), or goes bankrupt, that the source code becomes the property of ED. Such contracts are not that uncommon.

From what I read, they are dissolving the company, which means they might be selling the company assets. Maybe ED might be interested in purchasing the code for the right price. But then again, the code might be so bad that it's basically worthless, and it would be better to dump it and start over, in which case there would be no point in purchasing the code.

There are so many details hidden from the general public that I don't think anyone without inside information can do anything but speculate.

When you hit the wrong button on take-off

hwl7xqL.gif

System Specs.

Spoiler
System board: MSI X670E ACE Memory: 64GB DDR5-6000 G.Skill Ripjaw System disk: Crucial P5 M.2 2TB
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D PSU: Corsair HX1200 PSU Monitor: ASUS MG279Q, 27"
CPU cooling: Noctua NH-D15S Graphics card: MSI RTX 3090Ti SuprimX VR: Oculus Rift CV1

Who's to say ED doesn't already have some sort of contract clause in place to take over code? I was reading a dev from another sim complaining about such a thing and that it was why they decided not to develop for DCS. Who knows if it's true. But I'm glad ED holds their 3rd parties to a higher standard than the free for all of other sims. I know this is nit a great example... But go browse the garbage people are paying money for in fsx...

They do not need the source code for every update, they just need a legal way how to acquire it if 3rd party gets awol. So I suppose a change in the contract will take place.

It will no doubt already be in the agreement (contract) that if a developer cannot fulfil their end of the agreement that ED will acquire the code for customer protection and/or legal protection. Who knows but that's what I would ensure as a software developer using third party's !!

Mizzy