"The Runway Skin" by iVIPER21 - just released!

iVIPER21

Hey everyone, go to www.lockonfiles.com and give my latest skin a try. From the readme:

This is a skin set I made in order to make the runways look even better. It is based on real world satellite photos of different US airbases. Due to the limitations of LockOn, some of the markings are not 100% accurate. Before you ask, the yellow circles are for emergency arresting cables. Anyways, if you modify the texture set and release it, please be sure to credit me in your README text file. Do not use this set in a commercial product without my permission. If you don't like it, uninstall it ;)

It is designed for 1.02 but should also work in 1.11 - if not then I'll make a release just for 1.11

boxcover7yw.th.jpg

:icon_jook :icon_supe

iVIPER21sig2.jpg

Hey everyone, go to www.lockonfiles.com and give my latest skin a try. From the readme:

This is a skin set I made in order to make the runways look even better. It is based on real world satellite photos of different US airbases. Due to the limitations of LockOn, some of the markings are not 100% accurate. Before you ask, the yellow circles are for emergency arresting cables. Anyways, if you modify the texture set and release it, please be sure to credit me in your README text file. Do not use this set in a commercial product without my permission. If you don't like it, uninstall it ;)

It is designed for 1.02 but should also work in 1.11 - if not then I'll make a release just for 1.11

boxcover7yw.th.jpg

:icon_jook :icon_supe

This MOD are not a new idea!

Here are the more realistic "Western Style Runways MOD" and it was over two years old.

Download:

http://www.lockonfiles.com/index.php

ES3a.jpg

Best Regards

Viper

sigpic3353_7.gif

System: Intel Core i7-4790, 3,6GHz, 16GB RAM, 128GB SSD, 2TB HDD, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960 2GB GDDR5,

TM HOTAS Warthog;(MSFFB2 for testing); TrackIR4 +Track Clip Pro; Windows 10 Pro.

Um, Viper JG, I didn't see where he said it was a new ideer. He just announced his release is all. It looks nice. No need to try and burst his bubble because he isn't the first to come out with this kind of MOD.

BTW I envy your system....one day......some day......:D

Dusty Rhodes

Play HARD, Play FAIR, Play TO WIN

Win 7 Professional 64 Bit / Intel i7 4790 Devils Canyon, 4.0 GIG /ASUS Maximus VII Formula Motherboard/ ASUS GTX 1080 8 GB/ 32 Gigs of RAM / Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog / TrackIR 5 / 2 Cougar MFD's / Saitek Combat Pedals/ DSD Button Box FLT-1

No bursting occurred, I've been playing Lomac since the day it was released (and have been creating skins for it ever since). As such, I am well aware of the Western Runways mod and let me say that it is a beautiful skin set and original idea.

I created my runway textures based on images of what US airbases (in roughly the same Latitude as the Crimean) looked like in the mid 80's - early 90's (the same time period as Lomac is supposedly set). The more choices for the community - the better! I've completed the taxiway textures and I am moving on to the parking textures etc. They will be included in the next release. Here are screens for you:

My High Res C17 and reworked Elmendorf AFB Alaska F15 skin (not yet released) with new taxiways visible:

screenshot0763tx.th.jpg screenshot0773je.th.jpg screenshot0784jc.th.jpg screenshot0798oe.th.jpg screenshot0802yy.th.jpg

:icon_jook

iVIPER21sig2.jpg

Thanks guys! Yeah I've been skinnin' a lot lately cuz I've been bored. My classes this semester are pretty easy - which means more free time for Lomac. I'm also working on a new website where I will host my skins - more on that when it is completed and online.

I recently got a PM for Indian Air Force skins. I am working on finishing up the runway pack (to include taxiway, parking areas etc) so once I get finished with that, I hope to do a couple IAF skins. Oh and the other skin set I am working on is for the F-18 blue and desert camo aggressors (which are specially painted to resemble MiG29's). Lots of skins will be coming out over the next month or so. Brit - i'll send you an updated UN Skins zip in a few days.

It's my B-Day tomorrow! Sushi and sake will be the order of the day! :icon_jook :icon_jook :icon_jook

iVIPER21sig2.jpg

Hey Colt,

Is this what you had in mind? It was pretty easy to do, took about an hour total. The only possible drawback (if you have a slow system) is that it is a 2048x2048 high res texture. It came out way too blurry at the normal resolution of 1024. Hope ya like it!

redtail4yj.th.jpg

it's zipped into a LoMan file, you can download it here:

www.airbornerockstar.com

:icon_supe

iVIPER21sig2.jpg

Hey Colt,

Is this what you had in mind? It was pretty easy to do, took about an hour total. The only possible drawback (if you have a slow system) is that it is a 2048x2048 high res texture. It came out way too blurry at the normal resolution of 1024. Hope ya like it!

redtail4yj.th.jpg

it's zipped into a LoMan file, you can download it here:

www.airbornerockstar.com

:icon_supe

Dude you RULE!! It's beautiful thanks!!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thanks for the birthday wishes everyone! I had a great time drinkin beer and downing sushi all night long.

Colt40Five - No prob, glad you like it!

Brit - Which German vehicle did you want for the skin pack? Email me.

Alias - Now those are some words of encouragement if I've ever heard any! If you guys at the VBA need anything, just PM me and I will be glad to help out!

iVIPER21sig2.jpg

Cougar,

I don't think we have any control over which runways are affected because there is only one set of textures that all of the runways use. It would be cool if ED was able to have 2 sets of runway textures, one for the red side and one for the blue side - but as of right now, this option does not exist. I hope that answers your question.

iVIPER21sig2.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Just read the "Runway Skin" thread but when I click on "www.lockonfiles.com" I just get the address shewn in the middles of the page and thats it !!

Can someone advise me on another location please

Cheers

George

Oh BTW belated buffday wish from another aquarian (Jan 29th)