Mig-21 bis for LockOn

beczl

• Replies 998
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Question about the nuke - now to get a drop authorization you have to fulfill 2 requirements - barometric altitude more than 4000m and dive angle more than 45 degrees. IRL tactical nukes from fighters are meant to be dropped from immelman - low level high speed ingress, vertical pull where the bomb is released automatically and opens a chute at the top point. Now I know this is not possible to be modeled in LO but what's the idea of this limitation in the mod - avoiding self damage?

Yes you're right. The following pictures illustrate the 244H dropping methods.

It's difficult to simulate the real 5kT effects and correct drop tactics due the FC2 has a lot of limitation. In the real the bomb can be used three different fuze/impact/explosion setting:

- use parachute, proximity fuze and explode in the air (that create a better damage on the buildings, but produce high radiation)

- use impact fuze (that create a better damage on the vehicles, but produce mid radiation)

- delayed fuze, that provide an explosion under the ground (that create a medium damage on the vehicles and buildings also and produce the lower radiation)

The main reason is 4000m altitude limitation in FC2 is to avoiding self or wingman damage and add a small piece of the realistic. The real bombing method need a lot of testing, experiences and bombing skill. So I simplified it.

schema_grand_01.jpg.401bfcac1da2371331e10766655664bc.jpg

298927623_Steigflug45watermarked.JPG.38f9e4dea6e6c7e1601b5e60802d2dd8.JPG

2020543434_Steigflug105.jpg.5841451f892808db103d0fe1f058bff1.jpg

Nuke.jpg.a56ddd8365917f80cd719610944f28cc.jpg

Edited by beczl

Rgr that, it's all good. You can still use it in similar manner - approach low and fast, over fly the target and do a loop with moderate G and then drop it on the way down after half roll on the dive.

"See, to me that's a stupid instrument. It tells what your angle of attack is. If you don't know you shouldn't be flying." - Chuck Yeager, from the back seat of F-15D at age 89.

=RvE=

Properly set the coordinates of MFD, with the slightest displacement of the head, the indication "flies" in the cockpit, an impression that she is 5 inches in front of the pilot eyes.

P.S. Sorry for my english. :)

Edited by -=GvozD=-

В авиации не пьёт только автопилот, но и его спиртом протирают (с)

Properly set the coordinates of MFD, with the slightest displacement of the head, the indication "flies" in the cockpit, an impression that she is 5 inches in front of the pilot eyes.

P.S. Sorry for my english. :)

Не понимаю. Я говорю немного по-русски.

I think he means that the MFD indication is off the radar screen, when you move your head around. BTW, others asked about it as well - can this be fixed? Because the 6DOF doesn't affect the MFD for the MiG-29 and Su-27/33, only the HUD because it's focused in infinity.

"See, to me that's a stupid instrument. It tells what your angle of attack is. If you don't know you shouldn't be flying." - Chuck Yeager, from the back seat of F-15D at age 89.

=RvE=

I think he means that the MFD indication is off the radar screen, when you move your head around. BTW, others asked about it as well - can this be fixed? Because the 6DOF doesn't affect the MFD for the MiG-29 and Su-27/33, only the HUD because it's focused in infinity.

Sorry it won't be fixed. It's caused by the two old cmd and new lom file usage in same time. As you know it1s the only way at the moment to we have a workinh HUD and MFD as well.

Almost done with my BuAF skin:

I really like this Skin. :-) Is this Bulgarski Voenno Vzdushni Sili (BVVS) MiG-21bis (114) of the 3 Iztrebitelna Aviacionna Basa (3.IAB) / 1/3 Iztrebitelna Avio Eskadrila skin?

I also like this skin: http://cdn-www.airliners.net/aviation-photos/photos/3/2/1/1042123.jpg

Edited by beczl

Not so. If you look around in the stock planes you will see the lines of the MFDs in the Russian planes move around with head movement (parallax). Especially if you use a mod to increase the amount of 6D0F over the stock amount.

I see.So do you have any plans for black shark addons?like the mig 21 with all cockpit and stuff?mi 24 ..apache .ah 1 cobra ..or anything else?Thank u.And something more the mig 21 lancer is better then the old mig 21 ..and he can carrie another payload than the old one

The V2.1 will contain the following extra countries: Hungary, Serbia, Poland, Czech Republic, Romania, Bulgaria, Vietnam, Croatia, Finnland. So all different Mig-21Bis skin has an own country.

If somebody has an own skin and want to I insert this skin in 2.1 release feel free to contact me or send me the skins as well. Also I can add more country in the 2.1 if required.

ScreenShot_092.thumb.jpg.908f59c0ef52197b6816f61953b02187.jpg

ScreenShot_093.thumb.jpg.6894782709954dd5ac683390d29e63f8.jpg

ScreenShot_094.thumb.jpg.abf01ec9e188b79b78f6a34e65a66b98.jpg

ScreenShot_095.thumb.jpg.d1f7e4d8a0d864bc20cc6cf35a6d7760.jpg

ScreenShot_096.thumb.jpg.793354e66e20ca584c4c6abeea35e859.jpg

ScreenShot_097.thumb.jpg.71a2ee516c806b56e97489bf7c8b966f.jpg

• Like 1

How much beer will 15 euro's buy?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

OS:WIN7 HP X64|MOBO:ASRock Z68|CPU:I52500k@4Ghz|RAM:12Gb 3x4Gb GSkill Ripjaws 9-9-9-24 @1600Mhz|GPU:ASUS GTX580|HDD:2x128Gb Crucial sataIII SSD raid0|PSU:Antek 1000watt|Case:Antek 1200|Peripherals: TMWH|Saitek ProFlight rudder pedals|TrackIr4

Not so. If you look around in the stock planes you will see the lines of the MFDs in the Russian planes move around with head movement (parallax). Especially if you use a mod to increase the amount of 6D0F over the stock amount.

Nope, MFD graphics of the stock planes are steady as rock here though 6 DOF is much more wide now. just HUD is indication is moving (disappearing) like it should.

BTW, still no luck with the dragging chute - the only way so see it is by pressing the brakes and shows up while brakes are applied and speed is less than 150 km/h. The brakes are uber effective though so no need of it ;)

=RvE=